I wanted an early night, and now they drop this; the SS outro! I've been waiting 11 years for this to be included on a studio album, and now I can't sleep. Soon we shall all be sweaty together at some arena going utterly crazy to 'Psycho'. Sorry to those that like Madness, but the disappointment I felt when hearing that for the first time has been totally forgotten in the space of a few Instagram seconds.

Bring on Drones.

To answer Paul's question from like 15 pages ago, there's definitely a phaser/chorus there

What does that mean?

I think we'll get it tomorrow. They could be mixing a radio friendly version.

Maybe they'll do it like R-rated movies on U.S. television:

"I've had it with these Monday to Friday psychos on this Monday to Friday plane!"

I can't see it coming out tomorrow on the radio if they're mixing it today, unless it just got posted now and that happened a little while ago, I think hearing it this week is pretty likely though

Maybe not radio but YouTube upload is more likely

Most likely premiere it on radio, then a few minutes later a video on YouTube.

I'm pretty sure they're not bothering with a lyric video this time and going for a music video straight away.

Yeah kinda forgot to think about that as i was writing that post lol, A youtube upload of that tomorrow would be fucking awesome fingers crossed, maybe it'll be like Psycho is the first song we hear from the Cd but the first radio single will be something different, sort of like Survival/Madness from last time around, atleast im pretty sure thats how that went last time

So how long does mixing a song actually take? Curious as to what a "tight" deadline might entail for this scenario.

It can vary hugely. If it's just them mixing a radio-friendly version, maybe a day or so. Although since Dom is there it's more than likely an old clip and the deadline references a production deadline.

Or they're fucking with us. That's always an option.

Yeah kinda forgot to think about that as i was writing that post lol, A youtube upload of that tomorrow would be fucking awesome fingers crossed, maybe it'll be like Psycho is the first song we hear from the Cd but the first radio single will be something different, sort of like Survival/Madness from last time around, atleast im pretty sure thats how that went last time

Why would they go to the trouble to promote and release a specific song then not have that as their first radio single?

Why would they go to the trouble to promote and release a specific song then not have that as their first radio single?

It all depends on what their aim is I think. USoE was for a huge promotional thing to build hype, Survival was for the Olympics. I get the feeling this though will be the first proper lead single, with no "radio friendly" track reserved for the title of "official lead single".

So how long does mixing a song actually take? Curious as to what a "tight" deadline might entail for this scenario.

It's weird because I doubt the album itself hasn't been mixed yet. So what I think is that they were talking about a radio mix

It will most likely be put on the radio before YouTube. It'll build the hype up a bit more before it becomes readily available on the internet.

yeah very true, I just resigned to the fact it won't be on the radio by tomorrow

It's weird because I doubt the album itself hasn't been mixed yet. So what I think is that they were talking about a radio mix

I dunno man. Assuming the record comes out late May, early June, they might just be prioritizing certain tracks over the rest. They still have a lot of time for mixing/mastering while still having enough time for printing/pressing.