I've spent the last few years whistling that riff

After I've listened to the live version of it, I tend to spend the next day or so whistling it.

Now it'll be out there in a single, it'll never stop! :LOL:

I haven't been here for a few years, what's the general feeling of a release date for the single? Album hype etc?

Heard the riff. Hyped. Are you expecting this to just drop on YouTube given comments on radio play and the random post from their YouTube page a few months ago asking us to stay tuned to the channel for "updates". Bit strange seeing as everything since has come through IG?

the thing that bothers me a bit about the riff is that two parts of "0305030030660305030" aren't connected. I don't know much about guitar tabs, but I always imagined 5 additional notes between two segments of the above, sort of like

030503003066 0305030 030(-2)(-1) 0305030

and so on. yeah I know using "-"s looks retarded but I know jackshit about guitar playing :LOL:

edit: could someone make that happen if you're able to make out what I'm getting at? :LOL:

Edited by Peter.

the thing that bothers me a bit about the riff is that two parts of "0305030030660305030" aren't connected. I don't know much about guitar tabs, but I always imagined 5 additional notes between two segments of the above, sort of like

030503003066 0305030 030(-2)(-1) 0305030

and so on. yeah I know using "-"s looks retarded but I know jackshit about guitar playing :LOL:

what do you mean with -2 and -1? Notes played on frets 2 and 1?

I'd like to draw attention to the fact that over pure speculation over nothing, this sequel 'Drones' discussion thread has reached within 3 weeks nearly half the number pages of what its predecessor had in 3 years.
That "Nothing" being:

-4 instagram clips of actual album material.

-2 Possible song titles

-Matt meeting with Jimmy Lovine

-Several statements from people involved regarding the album making process.

And I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out.

Meanwhile, the only thing the previous thread was going on was "It's gonna be back to basics".

what do you mean with -2 and -1? Notes played on frets 2 and 1?

well I meant a note and a half note below 0. I just don't know how to express it. with "traditional" notes "030(-2)(-1)" would sound something like ACAGG#

Edited by Peter.

That "Nothing" being:

-4 instagram clips of actual album material.

-2 Possible song titles

-Matt meeting with Jimmy Lovine

-Several statements from people involved regarding the album making process.

And I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out.

Meanwhile, the only thing the previous thread was going on was "It's gonna be back to basics".

You forgot about Royal Blood, Oceansize, etc.

Lol I meant the garbage that fueled a fuel pages worth of "nothing" discussion.
whats your point? That garbage filled like 80% of the last thread, and what has brought this thread forward is actual news. Speculation, yes. Optimistic and sometimes delusional, yes. But still based on news.