Guys, guys, guys, if the 030503 riff has become a song what if the Citizen Erased one has been made into one too? Potentially for Citizen Erased part ii? :o

What Citizen Erased one? Only one I know of was already made into Supremacy.

Edit: What Tjet said.

Any possibility muse are releasing an exclusive download during the apple event. If 0615 is interpertated as 6days15hrs, it would coincide with the event. And since muse are currently mixing the song for release on a VERY tight schedule, it rules out the possibility of them playing it live. So my money is on an exclusive release a few hours from now...

To be honest I was doubting about matts vocal as he is getting old. Thinking that he was losing his falsetto but holy shit that falsetto and vibrato is fucking A.

Those vocals have been treated/distorted so much (in a fun, deliberate way, obviously :) ) - the vibrato on "psycho" has probably been heightened/augmented a little just to make it cooler.

Those vocals have been treated/distorted so much (in a fun, deliberate way, obviously :) ) - the vibrato on "psycho" has probably been heightened/augmented a little just to make it cooler.

Yeap no doubt about that. But still it shows that matt still has his balls and and im pretty optimistic about vocals now.

that was supremacy

I remember reading that it was being turned into Supremacy before the 2nd law came out but when I actually heard it I didn't think they sounded alike at all so thought it was one of Matt's untruths.

Just listened again comparing it to glastonbury 04 and I still can't see it.

I remember reading that it was being turned into Supremacy before the 2nd law came out but when I actually heard it I didn't think they sounded alike at all so thought it was one of Matt's untruths.

It's slowed down

At least it'll be better than Guiding Light?

:LOL:

http://9to5mac.com/2015/03/06/apple-watch-event-expectations/

Seems like our hype train arrived at a few big Apple blogs.

Comment about Muse from the comments:

"They sound to me like a bad marriage of “Duran Duran” and “Men at Work” (both awful, warbling groups with painful singing and overdone lyrics from the 1980’s)"

:chuckle:

Yeap no doubt about that. But still it shows that matt still has his balls and and im pretty optimistic about vocals now.

Seriously, have you even heard T2L? Those vocals are nothing in compared to...any album Muse have done.

It's not actually the same riff, it's "based on" it, which is basically what Matt said back in 2011/early 2012.

On the vocals in general: Matt improved his technique loads for The 2nd Law, after having gone a bit downhill during TR, both the album and the tour. The result is his most demanding material ever, and he did old live songs arguably better than ever.

He's getting older though, his falsetto IS weakening slightly, and we might see him holding back a bit on the demanding stuff, but I still expect some real belters and high falsetto screams, as always.

My hope is that he tones down the dramatic approach (ie "hero voice"), and mix his new technique with some of the old vocal styles.

Best case scenario: Matt has improved even more, and might even try some new styles, maybe some more screaming for example. It would fit what we've heard so far.

Pretty much all my favourite live versions of Muse songs are very early after they were released, so I'm really hoping the festivals will have awesome feeds like ACL had.

Survival got significantly better as the tour went on because he wasn't finishing finishing words "It's a ra-" "I will light the fu-" kind of stuff.

That falsetto at that O2 gig was pretty cool though.

Best case scenario: Matt has improved even more, and might even try some new styles, maybe some more screaming for example. It would fit what we've heard so far.

I sure hope so, the screaming in the freedom outro from ACL last tour was epic, although I worry that a whole tour of that might destroy his voice :(

I'd like to think he's improved his delivery even more to be honest, he still sounded great at the end of last tour but it would be cool to think perhaps he'll use more vocal techniques he used a lot earlier on in that more honed technique he has now

I find it hard to believe that a song that screams "a fucking psycho" will be played at an Apple event

IIRC Kanye West performed a clean version of Gold Digger years ago at an apple event. Don't see why Muse couldn't omit one word (that we know of so far) to perform Psycho.

Thats not saying that I think they will though, I think Apple is not happening.