10) Madness

11) Undisclosed Desires

12) JFK + Revolt

13) Time Is Running Out

14) Uprising (no guitar)

15) The Globalist + Drones

16) Mercy

17) Man With A Tired Intro + Knights Of Cydonia

Drones twice and no Matt playing guitar for DI or Uprising... hmm...

The little bit of the Globalist I heard sounded good though.

Edited by nerd herd

Stage looks incredible and as ever the performance will be incredible. I just can't get myself excited for that set list.

It's not just that either.

Seeing them on the psycho tour = five paragraph Bs post

Seeing them on the drones tour = Bs doesn't post at all

So I'll need to find a surrogate Bs of some sort. I think you will do the job pretty well actually...

I couldn't see on the videos I saw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcnKYJNt-50

It's not just that either.

Seeing them on the psycho tour = five paragraph Bs post

Seeing them on the drones tour = Bs doesn't post at all

So I'll need to find a surrogate Bs of some sort. I think you will do the job pretty well actually...

The day I attempt to slide my chronically underwhelming feet into the shoes of a being like Bs is the day I lose all faith in my own judgement. I feel that trying to fill the shoes of an 4+ paragraph Bs post is like trying to plug a fire hose with a sock.

Needless to say I fear that we may need to, somehow, find a way to explain to ourselves our experiences of the upcoming Muse tour in Bs' absence. Blessed ourselves with some level of cognitive ability, it should be possible. Will we be able to achieve a level of understanding brought on by a fully-fledged Bs report? Almost certainly not. But those are the days we live in James, and denying it is only another step towards insignificance.

PS. It's 4am here and I don't know what I'm doing with my life.

I'm really worried about this. The day after my band accepted the offer of a big local gig, our bass player told us he would not be in the UK for it. We still haven't told the promoter this, as we haven't decided whether or not to do a 2-piece, hire a bassist in for the night, or cancel, but I feel that as the promoter wants us to now heavily publicise it, we can't call ourselves out now. Its also proving a pain in the arse to contact the other people involved.

So... what can we do?

I'm really worried about this. The day after my band accepted the offer of a big local gig, our bass player told us he would not be in the UK for it. We still haven't told the promoter this, as we haven't decided whether or not to do a 2-piece, hire a bassist in for the night, or cancel, but I feel that as the promoter wants us to now heavily publicise it, we can't call ourselves out now. Its also proving a pain in the arse to contact the other people involved.

So... what can we do?

haha dickmove on your bassists part. Unless it's personal reasons, surely you must have talked about it before you accepted it? Do you think your songs could translate well to a 2 piece? If not maybe see if you can get a mate to fill in or something

haha dickmove on your bassists part. Unless it's personal reasons, surely you must have talked about it before you accepted it? Do you think your songs could translate well to a 2 piece? If not maybe see if you can get a mate to fill in or something

Honestly the singer accepted it without asking us. I was on board, but then we weren't expecting that he would turn around and say "Actually, I'm in Sweden for some gaming convention" (which is where he is).

I think some of them can but our singer does not (and tbf, I barely hear the bassist when playing anyway). The problem is its less than 2 weeks from now and I think its going to be a disaster either way.

Honestly the singer accepted it without asking us. I was on board, but then we weren't expecting that he would turn around and say "Actually, I'm in Sweden for some gaming convention" (which is where he is).

I think some of them can but our singer does not (and tbf, I barely hear the bassist when playing anyway). The problem is its less than 2 weeks from now and I think its going to be a disaster either way.

dickmove singer. Uhh, maybe try it as a two piece, get someone to watch you rehearse that can hear the whole thing, as you're probably not a fair judge when you're playing as you're focusing on playing and probably have more of your own instrument in your face in the first place anyway.

Do you know any of the other bands on the bill? Ask their bassist if he doesn't mind learning and covering for a gig maybe for a few beers

dickmove singer. Uhh, maybe try it as a two piece, get someone to watch you rehearse that can hear the whole thing, as you're probably not a fair judge when you're playing as you're focusing on playing and probably have more of your own instrument in your face in the first place anyway.

Do you know any of the other bands on the bill? Ask their bassist if he doesn't mind learning and covering for a gig maybe for a few beers

No none of the bands I have met before. I think we've fucked this up and we're just going to be in a shit situation regardless of how it transpires, but cancelling is worse at this point. We cancelled on 3/4 gigs over the summer due to lack of equipment, so I'm not keen on doing it again.

What do you guys think of this?

can clearly hear him play the little riff that joins the second chorus with the solo/bridge

A-----5--8--

D--8--------- etc etc

but on the neck his hands are just playing the

A-8-8-8----------7-7-7---------0--|

D---------8-8-8-----------7-7------| ???????

for reference this is what it looks like when he plays it properly the night before -

Looks like he switches the sustainer on before the solo which would be a bit pointless if it's mimed. But then you don't need the sustainer on to play it...

Don't really get why the solo wouldn't be played live. Sure he's made a few mistakes in it before but he's also played way more difficult stuff while singing too. That riff definitely seems like a backing track though :facepalm:

Looks like he switches the sustainer on before the solo which would be a bit pointless if it's mimed. But then you don't need the sustainer on to play it...

Don't really get why the solo wouldn't be played live. Sure he's made a few mistakes in it before but he's also played way more difficult stuff while singing too. That riff definitely seems like a backing track though :facepalm:

Maybe just habit

Maybe it's a conspiracy against by the rest of the band and crew in the hunt for perfection

Stage looks incredible and as ever the performance will be incredible. I just can't get myself excited for that set list.

For what it's worth, here's my two cents about the setlist...

All of us "Musers" on here want to hear the old stuff be that's what we first heard and got us to love Muse. If you think about it for a second, fans in the Americas (specifically U.S. and in this case, Mexico) didn't hop on the Muse train until really The Resistance album. That's when they really hit it big on the Western Hemisphere. Yes they gained popularity before that with BH&R and a little bit of Absolution (TIRO really at the time), but you have to admit they didn't blow up in the Americas until 2009/2010. With that said, they're kind of forced to play what made them popular in those areas bc as a majority, that's what the people there want to hear. If you look at the history of their setlists, you know that Europe (and Japan) gets the majority of the songs we want to hear, the B-sides and the old/heavy stuff. Look at Austin City Limits show in Texas back in 2013 when they're playing Plug In Baby, before the second chorus (when the crowd ALWAYS sings it) Matt asked the crowd if they knew it. Plug in Baby has been played more than any song in their catalog, but it's from OOS. You couldn't even buy that album in the U.S. until well after Absolution was released.

Yes, sometimes we can get lucky (i.e. Deadstar in NY, Hypermusic at the Mayan, The Groove at Webster Hall, NY, etc.). My point of all this is, yes WE (Musers) want to hear what made us fall in love with the band, but the band has to also tailor their gigs to what made them popular in the respective areas. Look at the difference in the Psycho tour between the Europe gigs and the U.S. with those setlists. Unfortunately for us in America, we need to travel to Europe to have a higher chance of hearing what we want to hear.

For what it's worth, here's my two cents about the setlist...

All of us "Musers" on here want to hear the old stuff be that's what we first heard and got us to love Muse. If you think about it for a second, fans in the Americas (specifically U.S. and in this case, Mexico) didn't hop on the Muse train until really The Resistance album. That's when they really hit it big on the Western Hemisphere. Yes they gained popularity before that with BH&R and a little bit of Absolution (TIRO really at the time), but you have to admit they didn't blow up in the Americas until 2009/2010. With that said, they're kind of forced to play what made them popular in those areas bc as a majority, that's what the people there want to hear. If you look at the history of their setlists, you know that Europe (and Japan) gets the majority of the songs we want to hear, the B-sides and the old/heavy stuff. Look at Austin City Limits show in Texas back in 2013 when they're playing Plug In Baby, before the second chorus (when the crowd ALWAYS sings it) Matt asked the crowd if they knew it. Plug in Baby has been played more than any song in their catalog, but it's from OOS. You couldn't even buy that album in the U.S. until well after Absolution was released.

Yes, sometimes we can get lucky (i.e. Deadstar in NY, Hypermusic at the Mayan, The Groove at Webster Hall, NY, etc.). My point of all this is, yes WE (Musers) want to hear what made us fall in love with the band, but the band has to also tailor their gigs to what made them popular in the respective areas. Look at the difference in the Psycho tour between the Europe gigs and the U.S. with those setlists. Unfortunately for us in America, we need to travel to Europe to have a higher chance of hearing what we want to hear.

Totally understand that, it's a sorry time for the long term fans in the Western Hemisphere for that reason.

Even with that in mind, I get the feeling that even in the UK I'm never going to get better than the Psycho tour and I should just give up now :LOL:

Even with that in mind, I get the feeling that even in the UK I'm never going to get better than the Psycho tour and I should just give up now :LOL:

:LOL:

Yea I live in Germany now and my fingers are crossed for a more favorable setlist for the Paris shows in Feb/Mar. Also hoping they don't end up postponing or canceling bc of recent events.

:LOL:

Yea I live in Germany now and my fingers are crossed for a more favorable setlist for the Paris shows in Feb/Mar. Also hoping they don't end up postponing or canceling bc of recent events.

I imagine that those dates are far enough in the future that they shouldn't be affected.

I have tickets for the second night in Glasgow. Just don't know if I will keep the ticket yet. Will have to keep an eye on the set lists when they start doing Europe.