Those feels

And how did you manage that? Must have been great to watch the soundcheck

I collated and got printed some books to give to them with a load of fan stories and thanks from a fan group on facebook... made one for Neil too and gave it to him on the second night and he said not to give them to the rest of the guys until the next day. Got a call a couple of hours before doors and was told to meet someone at the side entrance and was put in a cupboard for about 20 minutes until Neil came and found me :LOL:

At least I have a better chance of them remembering me for next time.

Oh the amount of situations that could apply to :rolleyes:

On another note... does anyone know how to deal with a string that is seemingly perfectly intonated on every note except for an open string which is significantly flat? I'm currently stuck tuning down half a step and putting a capo on the first fret :(

Maybe the nut is busted?

It doesn't seem it, I gave it a good clean out and checked for burrs and that and it looked ok... I recently changed string guages to a slightly higher guage... Think it'd be worth widening the slot slightly? I'm just a little hesitant to make any permanent changes unless I have to.

Is it mandatory to have a separate amp if you have the piezo pickup saddles installed? And can you plug in the guitar normally and just play the magnetic pickups just as if the piezo isn't installed? Or does there have to be a bypass option (via switch, pedal, or just turning the piezo volume all the way down)?

Is it mandatory to have a separate amp if you have the piezo pickup saddles installed? And can you plug in the guitar normally and just play the magnetic pickups just as if the piezo isn't installed? Or does there have to be a bypass option (via switch, pedal, or just turning the piezo volume all the way down)?

Nah not really. I would say it matters most with distorted sounds though - for example, if you want a clean piezo and distorted sound at the same time, it would probably be best to use two amps.

Not sure about the second question. I imagine you just turn the piezo volume all the way down.

edit:

Ouch

Edited by james90

Wow, that Astoria sounds like a cheap el84 combo. Guess it might be better in person but first impressions are not great. Doesn't sound as good as the dsl15 :ninja:

That was one of the better demos of it, but it has that same sort of sound in every one I've heard. It's sort of like... I don't know. Too much bass or something?

Like if you have one of the old Marshalls cranked up with the bass on 10, but even more of that effect.

"only 6.5k"

I won't be buying it as that guy has only 45 posts - too risky (plus I just put those other guitars on order)

The reissued COA sort of bothers me too.

And I don't think they usually go for $8-12k? I thought his price is around what they usually go for... I'm a Muse fanboi, I know this.