What do you guys think of this?
can clearly hear him play the little riff that joins the second chorus with the solo/bridge

A-----5--8--

D--8--------- etc etc

but on the neck his hands are just playing the

A-8-8-8----------7-7-7---------0--|

D---------8-8-8-----------7-7------| ???????

for reference this is what it looks like when he plays it properly the night before -

The video has audio from the wrong night, can't remember the details but basically the person who uploaded it replaced the audio with someone else's but from a different night :LOL:

For what it's worth, here's my two cents about the setlist...

All of us "Musers" on here want to hear the old stuff be that's what we first heard and got us to love Muse. If you think about it for a second, fans in the Americas (specifically U.S. and in this case, Mexico) didn't hop on the Muse train until really The Resistance album. That's when they really hit it big on the Western Hemisphere. Yes they gained popularity before that with BH&R and a little bit of Absolution (TIRO really at the time), but you have to admit they didn't blow up in the Americas until 2009/2010. With that said, they're kind of forced to play what made them popular in those areas bc as a majority, that's what the people there want to hear. If you look at the history of their setlists, you know that Europe (and Japan) gets the majority of the songs we want to hear, the B-sides and the old/heavy stuff. Look at Austin City Limits show in Texas back in 2013 when they're playing Plug In Baby, before the second chorus (when the crowd ALWAYS sings it) Matt asked the crowd if they knew it. Plug in Baby has been played more than any song in their catalog, but it's from OOS. You couldn't even buy that album in the U.S. until well after Absolution was released.

Yes, sometimes we can get lucky (i.e. Deadstar in NY, Hypermusic at the Mayan, The Groove at Webster Hall, NY, etc.). My point of all this is, yes WE (Musers) want to hear what made us fall in love with the band, but the band has to also tailor their gigs to what made them popular in the respective areas. Look at the difference in the Psycho tour between the Europe gigs and the U.S. with those setlists. Unfortunately for us in America, we need to travel to Europe to have a higher chance of hearing what we want to hear.

Bang on!

People don't seem to get this, have a look at what the Mexicans at the gig said from the first night, basically they all said it was fantastic but why didn't they play the resistance. People on here and reddit seem to forget that most of the people there are 2009 onwards fans. A lot of people seem to think the band are stupid but I think it might actually be the some of the fans that are, I'm sure in Europe a lot of the older stuff will get a run out but like someone else said I feel sorry for the small percentage in the Americas that are fans of the old stuff :( Should add though that they should be playing two or three more songs regardless!

Edited by Witz

Should add though that they should be playing two or three more songs regardless!

This is it for me. As much as they may be trying to tailor their set lists to the area they are playing, I think they still need to try and cater for every taste. When they are only visiting certain parts of the world once maybe every 5 years they should be trying to give everyone at least a little of what they want.

While saying that, I realise it's impossible to please everyone and it's easy for us to say this from a distance when we're not making the calls!

For what it's worth, here's my two cents about the setlist...

All of us "Musers" on here want to hear the old stuff be that's what we first heard and got us to love Muse. If you think about it for a second, fans in the Americas (specifically U.S. and in this case, Mexico) didn't hop on the Muse train until really The Resistance album. That's when they really hit it big on the Western Hemisphere. Yes they gained popularity before that with BH&R and a little bit of Absolution (TIRO really at the time), but you have to admit they didn't blow up in the Americas until 2009/2010. With that said, they're kind of forced to play what made them popular in those areas bc as a majority, that's what the people there want to hear. If you look at the history of their setlists, you know that Europe (and Japan) gets the majority of the songs we want to hear, the B-sides and the old/heavy stuff. Look at Austin City Limits show in Texas back in 2013 when they're playing Plug In Baby, before the second chorus (when the crowd ALWAYS sings it) Matt asked the crowd if they knew it. Plug in Baby has been played more than any song in their catalog, but it's from OOS. You couldn't even buy that album in the U.S. until well after Absolution was released.

Yes, sometimes we can get lucky (i.e. Deadstar in NY, Hypermusic at the Mayan, The Groove at Webster Hall, NY, etc.). My point of all this is, yes WE (Musers) want to hear what made us fall in love with the band, but the band has to also tailor their gigs to what made them popular in the respective areas. Look at the difference in the Psycho tour between the Europe gigs and the U.S. with those setlists. Unfortunately for us in America, we need to travel to Europe to have a higher chance of hearing what we want to hear.

Yeah true. I guess it's a bit different for everyone - some might like the new material too. I don't mind it really, but since I started listening to them in 2004-ish, I always looked forward to seeing songs like new born and stockholm syndrome. At least one of those songs have been played at every gig I've gone to (except one, but it was replaced with dead star, so not going to complain)

Not sure if there will be any changes for the shows in the US, but I'll let you all know :)

Even with that in mind, I get the feeling that even in the UK I'm never going to get better than the Psycho tour and I should just give up now :LOL:

That's exactly how I feel.

Having said that, I bought tickets for another show only two days ago. :facepalm: I do want to go to at least one show on this tour, but it's more to see how many more shows I can add to my signature before it gets cropped for excessive size

Or I could just insert a post by Bs, but there's probably a character limit before that.

That's exactly how I feel.

Having said that, I bought tickets for another show only two days ago. :facepalm: I do want to go to at least one show on this tour, but it's more to see how many more shows I can add to my signature before it gets cropped for excessive size

Or I could just insert a post by Bs, but there's probably a character limit before that.

Yeah I bought my ticket because I feel like I'm obliged to. I know I'll love it and will have a great time, but having seen them twice this year already I'm thinking that I'm better off saving my cash for something else! (Wonder what .... :ninja: )

But I get the feeling that I should try and see them as much as I can since I was relatively late to the game (started listening to muse about 4 years ago) and who knows how long they'll keep putting out passable music :LOL:

Awk, all will tell in time eh.

Also, don't try to put a Bs post in your signature. I tried that and all the lights in my house blew.

I have tickets for the second night in Glasgow. Just don't know if I will keep the ticket yet. Will have to keep an eye on the set lists when they start doing Europe.

Swap you for my first night tickets? ;)

I'm hoping they make the sets a bit more like the Psycho tour ones later on in this tour.

Swap you for my first night tickets? ;)

I'm hoping they make the sets a bit more like the Psycho tour ones later on in this tour.

Standing yeah? That could be interesting. I've only got the one mind.

Yeah I need to hear Bliss again. Need need need.

Standing yeah? That could be interesting. I've only got the one mind.

Nah sitting. I've got a couple of tickets though. Who knows, the first night might have a better set!

Completely agree with needing to hear Bliss again, it was incredible. Same goes for Hyper Music and Agitated :awesome:

Yeah I bought my ticket because I feel like I'm obliged to. I know I'll love it and will have a great time, but having seen them twice this year already I'm thinking that I'm better off saving my cash for something else! (Wonder what .... :ninja: )

But I get the feeling that I should try and see them as much as I can since I was relatively late to the game (started listening to muse about 4 years ago) and who knows how long they'll keep putting out passable music :LOL:

Awk, all will tell in time eh.

Also, don't try to put a Bs post in your signature. I tried that and all the lights in my house blew.

The following errors occurred with your submission:

Your signature cannot be longer than 1000 characters including BB code markup.

Strange... I did have to restart my modem after attempting this though.

Yeah same here -- wait what are you saving for? :ninja: At this point I just go to whatever gigs are within a certain distance really.

The 2013 stadium shows don't count, as I was half way through planning my visit to Mansons before even buying the tickets!

yeah

I remember you (or maybe it was Bs) said Mercy was pretty #special when played live. I won't be seeing it at a festival, but hopefully it's similar for these shows

I remember you (or maybe it was Bs) said Mercy was pretty #special when played live. I won't be seeing it at a festival, but hopefully it's similar for these shows

Heard that as well on here from a few people, shame i'm gonna have to wait til next december most likely to find out :LOL:

Nah sitting. I've got a couple of tickets though. Who knows, the first night might have a better set!

No it doesn't work like that. The night that has a better set is the one you don't go to.

Which is why I'm going to both that are nearby, as I missed citizen erased by one night in 2010, probably because they counted the show in New Jersey as a second night for the show in New York.

Also just realized the second one I'm going to next year will be my 10th show. I still don't think anything will top the one from the psycho tour though, for so many reasons.

Heard that as well on here from a few people, shame i'm gonna have to wait til next december most likely to find out :LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tjx0pxP6OE

3:10

Strange... I did have to restart my modem after attempting this though.

Yeah same here -- wait what are you saving for? :ninja: At this point I just go to whatever gigs are within a certain distance really.

The 2013 stadium shows don't count, as I was half way through planning my visit to Mansons before even buying the tickets!

yeah

Hahahaha... You've got off lightly with a router. You normally expect a medium to large scale power surge at the least.

I am attempting to save at the minute to fund my illness. One that many on this board know intimately. Easier said than done however.

I think it was me that spoke about Mercy. It was incredible, and I don't really love the studio song much. It was as much the stage and display that they put on as the actual performance. I spent pretty much the whole song looking up at the sky with all the confetti and streamers coming through the lights. Was brilliant!!

It's a really tough one. I think I'll end up watching it but even that clip is scaring me.

I saw them at Werchter just in the summer. Makes it that bit closer to home that it could so easily have been the same gig in Scotland or anywhere, a gig I was actually considering going to.

I will want to see that, the trailer kind of prepares people for this. It's a story that needs to be heard.

It's not that I'm not prepared, but it's more because... well, considering how he's having trouble speaking about it, I can't imagine it's something they're comfortable doing.

That's how I look at it anyway.

So...

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2015/autodromo-hermanos-rodriguez-mexico-city-mexico-43f55b2f.html

Stockholm Syndrome was played :pope: Anyone know when they last played new born?

Looks like Download back in June...

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2015/donington-park-castle-donington-england-bc93dbe.html

Killer setlist! New Born, Micro Cuts, Dead Star, Agitated, and Citizen Erased...

I still wish I could've gone to that one.

Having said that, I'd still take seeing them at a small venue over any #special setlist though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3a5dt3d1JA

Having said that, I'd still take seeing them at a small venue over any #special setlist though

I agree, but I think small venues + special setlist go hand in hand. Look at the first part of the Psycho tour before they started up the festivals.

This one is probably the best I've seen:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2015/manchester-academy-manchester-england-43cb1343.html

Although all of the setlists looked fantastic at the smaller venues!