I'd suggest switching them around and having the coil split on the tone control.

But yes, you can, as long as they're both grounded.

And you mean the grey wire? I can't see what's going on with that one. The black one is the ground for the bridge though.

I'll get a picture of that a bit later.

Here you go. Looks like shit but at least the Cort logo is gone :ninja:. At least I guinea pigged for you guys, ya'll should be able to do a better job than that :facemelt:[/img]

Well alright! looks like I might have to...

Does the area feel much different? I might have a go at it with some finer grit sandpaper

I'd suggest switching them around and having the coil split on the tone control.

But yes, you can, as long as they're both grounded.

And you mean the grey wire? I can't see what's going on with that one. The black one is the ground for the bridge though.

I'll get a picture of that a bit later.

Thanks! I meant this wire here. There's a lug attached to a screw above the ground wire.

h08LOF4l.jpg

The grey wire is the kill button I think

Thanks! I meant this wire here. There's a lug attached to a screw above the ground wire.

The grey wire is the kill button I think

Oh. I didn't see that. I thought it was actually going inside of the guitar, which would suggest it was the bridge ground wire. That wire also needs to be grounded.

Now I'm wondering where the bridge ground wire is though...

I came here after seeing the Manson guitar show pictures on Facebook, I wondered if it was Matt's stealth at the back, I was gonna go I wish I did now considering they let people play it :(

I have an MA-2 Evo but I'm debating getting the red sparkle cort or a fender Japan fiesta red limited edition in April

I wonder how long ago that one was made, considering it has a standard tune o matic, and a sustainer rather than a sustainiac.

I've held his copper guitar (the first one with the FRX bridge) but didn't actually play anything on it. Seemed nice though - ended up doing some heavy modifications to an existing guitar in a similar style because of that, though it sort of took on its own look.

I wonder how long ago that one was made, considering it has a standard tune o matic, and a sustainer rather than a sustainiac.

That should be the original Matt Black from 2012. Has also no truss rod adjuster.

Always believed he only had one with the custom hardware from 2012 onwards, the other countless ones having normal knobs (the ones titeled 'Matt Black (batch)' on the wiki).

But it seems there are more original Matt Blacks.

wjjbacli.jpg

^^ Somewhen during festival tour in 2015. Used this one on a lot of gig in 2015 and also 2016

10894_original.jpg

^^ Photo from 2013 or 2014. Note the damage between the pickups. Also seen in the lyric video of psycho. Could be the same as in the recent photo from MGW on facebook, showing the two bodies in the workshop, because of the similar location of the damage.

Oh. I didn't see that. I thought it was actually going inside of the guitar, which would suggest it was the bridge ground wire. That wire also needs to be grounded.

Now I'm wondering where the bridge ground wire is though...

:$

I think I'm just gonna call it a day and find someone to do this :$ As long as it's not the old guy :$

Am I the only one that thinks the matt blacks look SO much better with a jet black ebony fretboard than a rosewood board? It just looks so meh when you've got this nice slick matte black body, then you see a reddish/orange fretboard and you're just like "eehhhhhh"

Am I the only one that thinks the matt blacks look SO much better with a jet black ebony fretboard than a rosewood board? It just looks so meh when you've got this nice slick matte black body, then you see a reddish/orange fretboard and you're just like "eehhhhhh"

QFT

800px-MattblackmansonDiagonal.jpeg

nice

what's that o.o

Yeah, the reason I want the DR-1 more than one of the MA's is the ebony board. I wonder if I could get an MA with ebony :$

The original matt black.

Is http://https://www.instagram.com/p/0TDj3SHXSZ/ definitely the same guitar? Musewiki says it is but the gear stuff isn't really accurate anymore :LOL:

EDIT: I think I might have asked that question before

It definitely is the same guitar. The original matt black has a noticably aged nickel bridge/tailpiece. Every other matt black has regular chrome bridge/tailpieces :p

Don't forget the original matt black's neck was replaced like, two something times as well. With rosewood fretboards. :mad:

It definitely is the same guitar. The original matt black has a noticably aged nickel bridge/tailpiece. Every other matt black has regular chrome bridge/tailpieces :p

Don't forget the original matt black's neck was replaced like, two something times as well. With rosewood fretboards. :mad:

:mad: Maybe I should email Adrian to see if I could get an MA-2 with ebony board and holo sparkle paint. I'm guessing his reply would be "dafuq yu shud just get a custom :stunned:"

I have the same problem as you two guys above me, but honestly you spend so much time staring at the neck anyways that it makes it almost a moot point. At least for me, anyway. I'm glad I went through with it and bought one because the sound and overall look trumps a small little aesthetic annoyance IMO

If I got one I would probably duct tape the logo like Matt does on some TV appearances :LOL:

I wonder how many black MBC-1's will go on the market when the red sparkle version comes out, I really want a red sparkle but already have an MA-2 EVO :(

I have the same problem as you two guys above me, but honestly you spend so much time staring at the neck anyways that it makes it almost a moot point. At least for me, anyway. I'm glad I went through with it and bought one because the sound and overall look trumps a small little aesthetic annoyance IMO

I guess the logo is more important than the guitar itself to some people.