I put a normal three way on-off-on killswitch in my black one. I'm shocked that we've not seen a rash of these as easy as it was.

Oh oh can i see? How hard was it to push the kill button out? I really want to do it to mine too now if it's that easy

Oh oh can i see? How hard was it to push the kill button out? I really want to do it to mine too now if it's that easy

Very easy. I was worried about marking up the front of the body so I went really slowly. I just used a screwdriver and once I got a gap around the top of the switch I rotated it a little by hand. I didn't get a pic of the wiring but here is what it looks like.

P.S. I think you did freaking awesome work on your Gibson P90 swap.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.664fec3f91d8c79265123312e3f12b14.jpg

Very easy. I was worried about marking up the front of the body so I went really slowly. I just used a screwdriver and once I got a gap around the top of the switch I rotated it a little by hand. I didn't get a pic of the wiring but here is what it looks like.

P.S. I think you did freaking awesome work on your Gibson P90 swap.

That looks amazing. Did you push the button out from the inside or did you prop it up from the outside with the screwdriver first? And how did you go about wiring the switch? Did you just reuse the same wires as from the button?

That looks amazing. Did you push the button out from the inside or did you prop it up from the outside with the screwdriver first? And how did you go about wiring the switch? Did you just reuse the same wires as from the button?

No, I didn't pry from the front, I pushed against the back of the switch. Full disclosure, the hole is slightly oversized so make sure you get it centered before you tighten the nut. I did reuse the wires but you have to prep the switch differently than if you were using in on a les paul style setup.. I also chose to not re-use the housing ground that screws to the body. There is a very simple diagram out there of how to set up the switch. I don't have it handy.

Don't tell me I am going to be the one that starts this trend :LOL:

Amazon Prime for less than $10

Edited by eh_D

Woah, thanks a lot!

What about 2 way toggle on-off? Do ya'll think it'll be too small for the hole?

And thanks, I'm pretty proud of the red Gibson :facemelt: sold the blue to some unknown buyer on reverb, he's trying to extort money for some "grounding issues" that was never there before :facemelt: thank God for reverb customer support though

No, I didn't pry from the front, I pushed against the back of the switch. Full disclosure, the hole is slightly oversized so make sure you get it centered before you tighten the nut. I did reuse the wires but you have to prep the switch differently than if you were using in on a les paul style setup.. I also chose to not re-use the housing ground that screws to the body. There is a very simple diagram out there of how to set up the switch. I don't have it handy.

Don't tell me I am going to be the one that starts this trend :LOL:

Amazon Prime for less than $10

If the hole is oversized, wouldn't the switch eventually come a little loose or wiggle around a bit regardless of how tout you tighten the nut?

Deffo reckon I'm gonne get an MBC1 some day. Trying to think what mods I'd want done to it

Would most likely swap the pickups and would definitely get ali knobs. With a signature Muse guitar you've gotta get the sustainer right, although that's a fair bit of work. Suppose could also change bridge and tuners if I was desperate to go full Bellamy

I reckon it'd look really small on me. So used to seeing those shaped guitars on Bellamy whose a right shorty, whereas I'm around 6foot4

Sounds weird without delay.

I like the finish but I feel like it would look better with all black hardware/custom knobs and tuners. Also the Cort logo still looks tacky to me on the Red ones. Anyone know if Manson sell just necks? Would honestly consider buying a Cort and swapping the neck.

If the hole is oversized, wouldn't the switch eventually come a little loose or wiggle around a bit regardless of how tout you tighten the nut?

The washer is plenty big to cover the gap with the switch that I used. Your mileage may vary. Even my PRS has some play in the holes, if it was too tight you'd push the finish away from the hole while installing the hardware. Washers are your friend!

I don't know about a two way switch, I bet they make them with that size a mini toggle is going to be too small.

Hm, maybe try one of these deep nuts, eh_D? Also when you're free do you want to measure the dimension of the hole pretty please :happy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Switchcraft-Deep-Nut-For-Toggle-Switches-Nickel-/151579188284?hash=item234ad2dc3c:g:C7cAAOSwBahU05k6

I kinda want a kill switch too, but just ON/OFF. Anyone knows how to do it?

Edited by Cider

You'd still need a washer. The long shaft hardware is for carved tops usually. I'd love to measure it but it's not at my house. The diagram on the cort site has the dimensions of the kill button. The two way wiring would be like the button of its a single pole, single throw.

You'd still need a washer. The long shaft hardware is for carved tops usually. I'd love to measure it but it's not at my house. The diagram on the cort site has the dimensions of the kill button. The two way wiring would be like the button of its a single pole, single throw.

I couldn't find it for some reasons. If I push my button out right now to measure the hole, can I put it back in later or is it out foreverrrr?

Maybe I should trade my boyfriend the black one for a red one :ninja:

Edited by Cider

Also the Cort logo still looks tacky to me on the Red ones. Anyone know if Manson sell just necks? Would honestly consider buying a Cort and swapping the neck.

I think it's only really for an upgrade on something that already has their name on it.

Deffo reckon I'm gonne get an MBC1 some day. Trying to think what mods I'd want done to it

Would most likely swap the pickups and would definitely get ali knobs. With a signature Muse guitar you've gotta get the sustainer right, although that's a fair bit of work. Suppose could also change bridge and tuners if I was desperate to go full Bellamy

I reckon it'd look really small on me. So used to seeing those shaped guitars on Bellamy whose a right shorty, whereas I'm around 6foot4

The first thing I'd do is swap the bridge actually. The one it has isn't that great. No need for a 510 or anything, but a standard tune o matic is still a good upgrade over the stock bridge.

The stock bridge pickup is fairly decent, so I'd at least give that a chance before upgrading.

ye

I couldn't find it for some reasons. If I push my button out right now to measure the hole, can I put it back in later or is it out foreverrrr?

Maybe I should trade my boyfriend the black one for a red one :ninja:

No reason you can't push it back in. Just be careful, it's not like the pots or the switches or plastics that fit with a fastener.

I mean, is there a guitar that doesn't look awkward on someone 6 ft 4? :ninja:

(hating cause I'm 5'1" :facepalm:)

Dom's sxc jazz doesn't

But also guitars like the Motor Ave Belaire, Maton BB 1200, Ovation Ultra GP.... and Casio DG-20 apparently

Hm, maybe try one of these deep nuts, eh_D? Also when you're free do you want to measure the dimension of the hole pretty please :happy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Switchcraft-Deep-Nut-For-Toggle-Switches-Nickel-/151579188284?hash=item234ad2dc3c:g:C7cAAOSwBahU05k6

I kinda want a kill switch too, but just ON/OFF. Anyone knows how to do it?

No idea, but don't get an on/off, as you're more likely to knock it into the off position while you're playing. It's less likely to rest in the off position in the middle (which is how it's usually wired)

Being 6'5 I can confirm there are about 3 guitars in the world that don't look silly on a tall person.

Tall people should just play bass! Krist from Nirvana and his low slug Gibby's are iconic :D

Sustainer and a new brdige are good mods. I'm about the same height and it looks a bit small. Not ridiculously tiny though.

Or tune to C standard. Close enough?

My biggest guitar is in C standard. Coincidence?

Dom's sxc jazz doesn't

But also guitars like the Motor Ave Belaire, Maton BB 1200, Ovation Ultra GP.... and Casio DG-20 apparently

No idea, but don't get an on/off, as you're more likely to knock it into the off position while you're playing. It's less likely to rest in the off position in the middle (which is how it's usually wired)

Oh, thanks for that! I didn't really think of accidentally flipping it. On/off/on it is then. I kind of want to get two black toggle switches so the entire guitar is blacked out. Got one of those Allparts Mighty Mite switches and it was really hard to push so I just put a Switchcraft in the Cort, but if I'm gonna have 2 switches... where can I find black Gotoh switches in America? :stunned:

Speaking of switches. The moron that bought the blue guitar never touched an expensive guitar with a switchcraft switch, so he complained that I sold him a guitar with a faulty switch because the middle position was "wiggly" (read: you didn't need to break your finger to flip the switch) and asked for a $250 "partial refund" :facepalm:. Like, you want new Bareknuckles with that stiff Chinese switch to your liking, too, good sir :eek:? Asking him to return my guitar and he's saying he won't until I refund all this money. That's not how internet shopping works, you moron :facepalm:

Edited by Cider

Oh, thanks for that! I didn't really think of accidentally flipping it. On/off/on it is then. I kind of want to get two black toggle switches so the entire guitar is blacked out. Got one of those Allparts Mighty Mite switches and it was really hard to push so I just put a Switchcraft in the Cort, but if I'm gonna have 2 switches... where can I find black Gotoh switches in America? :stunned:

Speaking of switches. The moron that bought the blue guitar never touched an expensive guitar with a switchcraft switch, so he complained that I sold him a guitar with a faulty switch because the middle position was "wiggly" (read: you didn't need to break your finger to flip the switch) and asked for a $250 "partial refund" :facepalm:. Like, you want new Bareknuckles with that stiff Chinese switch to your liking, too, good sir :eek:? Asking him to return my guitar and he's saying he won't until I refund all this money. That's not how internet shopping works, you moron :facepalm:

Tell him to make like a tree, and fuck off.

I cant stand idiots, honestly, people like that do my head in

Tell him to make like a tree, and fuck off.

I cant stand idiots, honestly, people like that do my head in

Honestly this guy is so moronic and insane i just want my poor guitar back. He sent me about 6 walls of text telling me I'm a scammer, liar, yada yada. That he couldn't believe a smart straight up guy like him would be scammed by woman. Reverb guy i spoke to actually said that he couldn't read all of the messages himself because half of it was unnecessary and the other half irrelevant. :facepalm:

By "doesn't work" he means the switchcraft switch isn't rock hard in the middle position, the volume pots are both "faulty" (no they're not they're fucking 10% audio taper so they have a volume swell around 6). Oh and this idiot with this new amp I *made* him (for 400 because he was getting a new guitar lol) buy cranked it to max ga and then claimed that my guitar had grounding issues.

Honestly if he was any less of an asshole, I would have patiently explained guitar electronics to him and that I handpicked the parts to my liking, and they're all high quality parts that may behave differently from his Epiphone's because he never had a Gibby before. But nope. I don't like getting berated, so now I better get that guitar back in one piece, or else :twitchy: