Apparently the left handed one will be a bit more expensive. Wonder if the red finish will be the same price as the black..

It'll probably be a hundred quid or so more, like the MB-1 paint job is

I really want one of the red glitter corts but the Cort logo just looks so meh

this ^^

im still trying to figure out how to remove it without damaging the finish on my black one

not to mention the killbutton on a red glitter just looks SO out of whack

How do you guys think distribution will be for the left model in the US? I want to get one for like $500 like I can through Amazon here.

You can definitely check reverb when it comes out, I know for a fact itll be selling on there. One of the sellers Lefty6string will probably have it, he had the regular MBC-1 for me on there.

I'm surprised red sparkle was chosen tbh, Thought a silver Delorean one would make more sense considering that doesn't have an XY pad. Still gorgeous though, the MBC-1 is truly an amazing guitar.

It's probably because of the timing/release of the 2015 Delorean models. I figure that in 2017 they'll put out a Cort version of the Delorean.

you think we'll start to see Cort versions of most of his other famous finishes?

I think Matt Black, Red Sparkle (Glitter), and Delorean finishes are already pretty much his most well known ones. I wouldn't personally expect anything else, although it's not impossible. The only other thing I could imagine would be maybe a mirror finish although I figure that would have to cost way more than what the Matt Black or Red Sparkle would cost.

I think Matt Black, Red Sparkle (Glitter), and Delorean finishes are already pretty much his most well known ones. I wouldn't personally expect anything else, although it's not impossible. The only other thing I could imagine would be maybe a mirror finish although I figure that would have to cost way more than what the Matt Black or Red Sparkle would cost.

Surely a mirror 🔝 would be about as much as an ali 🔝?

Just realised this is the actual santa finish rather than the 'MB red glitter' finish... do you guys think they could be doing an actual santa finish for the MB-1S run? :ninja:

I'm still trying to convince them to do a carbon MB-1S run though...

Just realised this is the actual santa finish rather than the 'MB red glitter' finish... do you guys think they could be doing an actual santa finish for the MB-1S run? :ninja:

I got nervous from looking at the first photo, but seeing the second photo excited me. I doubt they'd do the actual Santa one for the MBs though, seems like it'd be too much flair.. either that or maybe they'd keep it special and exclusive for Matt although it's dead lol

What do you mean? The MB-1 is already much closer to the original red glitter than the new corts are.

And I don't know. The carbons look great, but if you think about it, Matt didn't use his a whole lot. The red one got used once in a while (as a backup for the gloss black) and the black one was only used for a specific tuning. Since they've built a number of carbon MAs, I think that might be the main reason that finish is as popular as it is.

It just crossed my mind what black carbon with the alloy holes would look like though... I'd imagine that finish would be really difficult to do though.

Hi !

My mbc has one problem, and I need your help to fix it !

It's about my high E string. When i play it open string, it make a noise that i hate "bzzzz", but just when it's open string.

So, I think it's related to the nut, because my tune stability is special, I think I must change it.

Anyone has the same problem ? And what do you recommend ?

Thank's!

Hi !

It's about my high E string. When i play it open string, it make a noise that i hate "bzzzz", but just when it's open string.

So, I think it's related to the nut, because my tune stability is special, I think I must change it.

Thank's!

Yeah it's possible that the nut has the high E slot cut too low.

But you might just need to raise the bridge on the high E side. It's also possible that there's not enough relief in the neck, but I'd start with the bridge

I think it's high enough, I already tried. (more than 1,5mm for the high E)

Maybe I must adjust the truss rod ? but I don't really know how to.

And yes it's cut too low in my opinion, Am i subject to change it ? Or is there any trick ?

What do you mean? The MB-1 is already much closer to the original red glitter than the new corts are.

And I don't know. The carbons look great, but if you think about it, Matt didn't use his a whole lot. The red one got used once in a while (as a backup for the gloss black) and the black one was only used for a specific tuning. Since they've built a number of carbon MAs, I think that might be the main reason that finish is as popular as it is.

It just crossed my mind what black carbon with the alloy holes would look like though... I'd imagine that finish would be really difficult to do though.

I guess the direction/pattern of the glitter makes the MBs more identical to Santa, it's just the Corts are completely loaded with the glitter all over (which I think I prefer.)

It's a shame Matt didn't use the carbons that much, they're one of my favourite MBs. I think if they did introduce a new finish for the MBs it'd be something like gloss black.

Well you haven't got a holey custom yet, maybe that's one to go for! :ninja: Have you got any ideas for customs at the minute?

And yes it's cut too low in my opinion, Am i subject to change it ? Or is there any trick ?

I usually set mine around 1.75mm at most, so yours probably isn't too low. I wouldn't adjust the truss rod if you don't know how to, but I'm guessing it isn't the problem. Do any of the other strings have this problem? And do you have any pictures of the nut? It might be possible to tell if it's sitting too low compared to the other strings.

How much space is between the string and the first fret? Does it fret out anywhere else on the neck?

Hi !

Thank's!

this is casual on tele style headstocks with no string tree. the problem that's happening here is your high E nut slot is probably a little too wide to hold the string, and since there's no string tree to hold it down after the nut it vibrates inside the nut like crazy causing that annoying buzzing sound.

on my mbc it happens like that on the open B string and no matter how low I set my hap tuners (they're all the way down on the high strings) it still buzzes, but it's barely noticable unless you're playing unplugged and strumming real hard.

no amount of adjusting the neck or bridge will fix this unless you get a new nut, or you just rub in some graphite from a pencil into the nut slot, it'll stop the harmonic buzzing for a little while.

Edited by jonbrown