When I get some spare money I'd be so tempted to get one and kit it out fully. How much does it end up costing if you end up going full Bell0rz with hardware and all?

I honestly lost count, but probably under $1000. Probably. I can show you the ebay sellers I got parts from for cheap and all :D

I honestly lost count, but probably under $1000. Probably. I can show you the ebay sellers I got parts from for cheap and all :D

How much were the CTS push/pull pots?

I've never seen Mansons use those, even in the more expensive guitars.

A quick Google and it looks like you can get them for £399. I think Amazon is £420 but they have been £360 or so before. Amazon seem to price match their third party seller prices on this guitar.

Yeah, I think there was a specific seller on amazon that had them for well under the usual price, but they sold out fast.

How much were the CTS push/pull pots?

I've never seen Mansons use those, even in the more expensive guitars.

Yeah, I think there was a specific seller on amazon that had them for well under the usual price, but they sold out fast.

Just picked up a one month old cort on eBay for £270 posted, talked the guy down from £320. Think I got a good deal there and hopefully should hold it's value at that price.

Also noticed Mansons have dropped the price to £449 with a free gig bag.

Just picked up a one month old cort on eBay for £270 posted, talked the guy down from £320. Think I got a good deal there and hopefully should hold it's value at that price.

Also noticed Mansons have dropped the price to £449 with a free gig bag.

So I got one of the scratch and dent ones from Musicians Friend because I just couldn't resist. It was just at $400 US shipped. First impression is wow. I've owned Fender, Gibson and PRS and the neck is every bit as good as one of those high end USA made guitars. The pickups impressed me too, the middle and neck positions are very usable.

From a purely technical standpoint I have been playing a Fender for the last year or so and the fretboard radius is very flat in comparison. Even the compound radius on my PRS seems round after the Cort. I'm guessing the MA necks are like that? This is causing serious GAS.

Now the temptation to start modding it.

@James: about 10 bucks a pop. 8 think they're really new, came out in 2014 or something m either way, that suck. I have another bourns pot coming in today that I'll put in instead. Also went with your advice and coil tapping with the time control instead of the volume - much better :D

@James: about 10 bucks a pop. 8 think they're really new, came out in 2014 or something m either way, that suck. I have another bourns pot coming in today that I'll put in instead. Also went with your advice and coil tapping with the time control instead of the volume - much better :D

They barely cost more than the alphas. I haven't tried the CTS push/pulls, but the alphas seem just fine. I'm just not a fan of their mini pots is all.

And yeah, best use the tone pot for coil splitting, as the volume pot takes much more abuse.

They barely cost more than the alphas. I haven't tried the CTS push/pulls, but the alphas seem just fine. I'm just not a fan of their mini pots is all.

And yeah, best use the tone pot for coil splitting, as the volume pot takes much more abuse.

Just got the Bourns - seems really good. The bushing is brass and the torque seems okay. Yeah, when I had the volume push pull, it was awkward looking down since I was splitting the bridge pickup and the volume is above the tone knob

Needing to replace my volume knob in the Cort. Whats under the hood, standard or mini pot?

Will put the motherbucker into the Cort too so likely gonna need a coil tap, so i guess the tone knob needs a bit of love too.

500k or 250k?

Planning on installing orange drop caps too - probably 0.022uf on both tone & volume pots

@Scott: Here's a wiring diagram for you (although Jaicen and musecaster would know more about the correct values pots & caps to use)

Might wanna look up the color codes of BKP vs Kent Armstrong though. You should be able to connect the kill button as it is now, it just needs to connect the hot output to ground when pushed, so you need one tag on it grounded and one connected either to the middle tag on the volume pot, or straight to the hot on the jack socket.

cLu1bhF.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I suppose you could try pushing it out and putting a kill switch there instead. It's $150 bucks more expensive than the black one though :facepalm: and boyfriend doesn't like flashy things :facepalm:

I put a normal three way on-off-on killswitch in my black one. I'm shocked that we've not seen a rash of these as easy as it was.