Is the MBK-3 covered? If so, that will probably add some

No, it's actually uncovered. It's an *Aftermath*, but then again wink wink

The stock Cort pickup isn't as *tall* as the Aftermath, so maybe that's another reason. More winding I guess :rolleyes:

pics or it's an etc etc

Here ya go. Can't even see a thing :LOL:

Of course if you get within 5 feet and are staring right at the headstock you can definitely make out the tape edges. And I lied about it being non-reflective, it's just SLIGHTLY reflective, so if light is shining on it then yeah you can see it unfortunately. It's not a glossy kind of reflective though, it's the same exact matte-ish color as the cort's finish in person.

And I'm not sure what kind of tape it is, I just found it in my toolbox in the closet. I would love to find out what kind it is though because the roll I have is about 1 cm not wide enough to cover the ridiculously huge C on the cort logo, so I had to put 2 layers of tape on.

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.81383c95028beab761e9ce2eed07277d.jpg

FullSizeRender_1.thumb.jpg.f58c3d9c43fe010bb2d41b433fe9689a.jpg

FullSizeRender_2.thumb.jpg.e84ed1964dbf3067ffbb67817a0e5b26.jpg

FullSizeRender_3.thumb.jpg.018744a647313109129e57f4f5095402.jpg

FullSizeRender_4.thumb.jpg.4425fdc2c27f61f9acb4cda11866b395.jpg

Here ya go. Can't even see a thing :LOL:

Of course if you get within 5 feet and are staring right at the headstock you can definitely make out the tape edges. And I lied about it being non-reflective, it's just SLIGHTLY reflective, so if light is shining on it then yeah you can see it unfortunately. It's not a glossy kind of reflective though, it's the same exact matte-ish color as the cort's finish in person.

And I'm not sure what kind of tape it is, I just found it in my toolbox in the closet. I would love to find out what kind it is though because the roll I have is about 1 cm not wide enough to cover the ridiculously huge C on the cort logo, so I had to put 2 layers of tape on.

[attach]18831[/attach]

[attach]18836[/attach]

[attach]18841[/attach]

[attach]18846[/attach]

[attach]18851[/attach]

Personally I'd have covered the whole headstock, you can get sticky vinyl for wrapping cars that would have done a better job.

Also, the aftermath is taller as it has 3 large ceramic magnets, 5 or 6mm as opposed to 3mm. The bobbins are the same size.

• 2 weeks later...

Committed the original sin, but I couldn't help myself. The partly sanded headstock was just gross. Also it'll forever be #NotForSale so please don't hate me :p It'll make me feel better while saving up for the real thing, I suppose.

Gave it a full setup (jerk tech didn't) & cleaned it (jerk tech didn't) really well yesterday. It plays like a dream now :D I'm so glad I got this guitar, so thanks again to people who encouraged me to get it :3

One thing though: idk what the hell jerk tech did to my Aftermath, but the pickup was scratched as fuck when I got it back. There were some scratches when I gave it to him, but nothing this serious. *sighs* Really glad I listened to James and got the uncovered one - with the black cover it would've been bad

ct1IAb3m.jpg

Body with better lighting:

kj1V8wwm.jpg

Close-up shot of the headstock (I couldn't cover all the wood, but unless you really stare at it it's impossible to see)

SWV4qwHm.jpg

Edited by Cider

Committed the original sin, but I couldn't help myself. The partly sanded headstock was just gross. Also it'll forever be #NotForSale so please don't hate me :p It'll make me feel better while saving up for the real thing, I suppose.

ct1IAb3m.jpg

kj1V8wwm.jpg

Close-up shot of the headstock (I couldn't cover all the wood, but unless you really stare at it it's impossible to see)

SWV4qwHm.jpg

How'd you get the manson logo on there? Or did your tech do it?

Gave it a full setup (jerk tech didn't) & cleaned it (jerk tech didn't) really well yesterday. It plays like a dream now :D I'm so glad I got this guitar, so thanks again to people who encouraged me to get it :3

One thing though: idk what the hell jerk tech did to my Aftermath, but the pickup was scratched as fuck when I got it back. There were some scratches when I gave it to him, but nothing this serious. *sighs* Really glad I listened to James and got the uncovered one - with the black cover it would've been bad

ct1IAb3m.jpg

kj1V8wwm.jpg

SWV4qwHm.jpg

great work!

Where did you get those black knobs?

Don't think so. The red one costs £70 more though.

A quick Google and it looks like you can get them for £399. I think Amazon is £420 but they have been £360 or so before. Amazon seem to price match their third party seller prices on this guitar.

Like his matt blacks or full on 007?

Guitar + sustainer + custom hardware + mbk-2 would be like £1150 ish.

EDIT: if it's from Mansons.

I got mine kitted out with a retrofit gotoh bridge/tp, not 510's sadly, new wiring and CTS pots, sustainer, mbk-2, and it came out to be £1137 in total. I think the custom hardware would bump that price up to £1400 or so, which I bought a month ago and it still hasn't arrived :indiff: