I have the same problem as you two guys above me, but honestly you spend so much time staring at the neck anyways that it makes it almost a moot point. At least for me, anyway. I'm glad I went through with it and bought one because the sound and overall look trumps a small little aesthetic annoyance IMO

I guess the logo is more important than the guitar itself to some people.

It's more just the fact that I have two Mansons for if I want that Manson 'sound' and am lucky enough to be in a position financially where if I want a Matt shaped guitar I'll buy an MB on their next run or a Drone or something. I don't really wanna get something that I don't like the look of 100%.

It's more just the fact that I have two Mansons for if I want that Manson 'sound' and am lucky enough to be in a position financially where if I want a Matt shaped guitar I'll buy an MB on their next run or a Drone or something. I don't really wanna get something that I don't like the look of 100%.

That wasn't really aimed at you in particular, especially considering you haven't bought one - I just think buying a guitar and complaining about the logo afterwards is... well, it's sort of like those posts on TGP like "Just bagged a Timmy. What does it do?"

Doesn't really make any sense.

That wasn't really aimed at you in particular, especially considering you haven't bought one - I just think buying a guitar and complaining about the logo afterwards is... well, it's sort of like those posts on TGP like "Just bagged a Timmy. What does it do?"

Doesn't really make any sense.

Oh god there's so many people like that on this guitar trade and sell page on facebook :facepalm: A guy bought a Timmy for over $80 higher than its' value "because isn't it supposed to be awesome?"

I feel like I'm one of the only people who doesnt give a hoot about the logo, but I do agree it looks better without it. If I cared about every logo any of my guitars had I'd never have bought any of them, I just care about how it plays and sounds for the most part :p

also am I blind or is the MBC-1RS not showing up on the site? I might just be blind... does it show the final price for it as well?

I feel like I'm one of the only people who doesnt give a hoot about the logo, but I do agree it looks better without it. If I cared about every logo any of my guitars had I'd never have bought any of them, I just care about how it plays and sounds for the most part :p

also am I blind or is the MBC-1RS not showing up on the site? I might just be blind... does it show the final price for it as well?

Probably blind :p

https://www.mansonguitarworks.com/product/cort-mbc-1-red-sparkle-matthew-bellamy-signature-model-200

I was checking Manson's store site :facepalm:

Might put the money down, I'm excited.

EDIT: jeez, 70 bucks over the black MBC-1? Was that the original price of the MBC-1 or what

EDIT 2: I feel even dumber because I remembered it was 499. Damn, Now I have to ask myself if the extra 100 american dollars is worth it for the paintjob....

Edited by Stocking

I was checking Manson's store site :facepalm:

Might put the money down, I'm excited.

EDIT: jeez, 70 bucks over the black MBC-1? Was that the original price of the MBC-1 or what

EDIT 2: I feel even dumber because I remembered it was 499. Damn, Now I have to ask myself if the extra 100 american dollars is worth it for the paintjob....

I'd pay an extra 100 american dollars for a killbutton-less body :chuckle:

I mean, I'm guilty of removing the logo myself, but I was drunk and wanted to do it just for the sake of it. I love this guitar though. Best decision so far has been listening to you guys and buying it. To be fair I've modded it out so much I could've just bought a Manson anyway, but :facemelt: this is more enjoyable for now :facemelt:

Looking at the red one now and I'm not liking it as much, tbh. Something is odd. And by "something" I mean the kill button and TOM bridge. :$

It's still a third of what the gloss finish adds to the MB-1

O.o Care to elaborate?

I mean, I'm guilty of removing the logo myself, but I was drunk and wanted to do it just for the sake of it. I love this guitar though. Best decision so far has been listening to you guys and buying it. To be fair I've modded it out so much I could've just bought a Manson anyway, but :facemelt: this is more enjoyable for now :facemelt:

Looking at the red one now and I'm not liking it as much, tbh. Something is odd. And by "something" I mean the kill button and TOM bridge. :$

O.o Care to elaborate?

The gloss finish for the MB-1's was about 500-600 something odd USD extra

And yes the TOM and kill button make no sense on a red glitter model :confused:

I actually wonder how much the price of the guitar just by itself would have came down if they didn't have the kill button by default tbh, I find it to be pretty useless 90% of the time.

Also have you cleaned up the headstock and removed the rest of the paint indicating where the logo was? I'm curious to see how it is now.

I actually wonder how much the price of the guitar just by itself would have came down if they didn't have the kill button by default tbh, I find it to be pretty useless 90% of the time.

Also have you cleaned up the headstock and removed the rest of the paint indicating where the logo was? I'm curious to see how it is now.

Nah, I've just left the mess there. I don't really know where to get paint to paint over it and stuff. Maybe I'll put a "Cider" logo on it :rolleyes: But seriously, if you use 600 grit sandpaper it should be a-okay.

I'm actually really tempted to buy another black one and mod it like a Matt Black (mine's a stealth Matt Black now :facemelt:). Perhaps put an MBK2 in it instead of the MBK3 on mine. Should be awesome.

Kill button/switch costs shit all to put in i'm pretty sure.

Kill button/switch costs shit all to put in i'm pretty sure.

depends, I put one in my talman for 7 bucks - that being just the wire and button. Making one and wiring it isnt hard but I'm gonna assume that companies consider labor etc etc. Kind of a shame really, I think I'd take a 30-40$ decrease in price for no killswitch.

...That being said I feel like the odd one out and enjoy the kill button sometimes :$ though I've said it before it comes in handy for when I play stuff....EXCEPT when I'm tapping.:( I def agree though, it looks a little out of place on the RS model... I've gotten so used to seeing the top horn bare, unlike before when it felt like every inch of matts guitar was used in some way.

The TOM bridge I get though, I've never been a fan of those personally, but I certainly don't want them to stick a floyd or anything else bulky (since I played for the majority of my years on a floyd)

Jesus christ, that's insane. I think I'll have better luck just turning my Matt Black into a glitter from someone around town, jeez.

Edited by Stocking

Jesus christ, that's insane. I think I'll have better luck just turning my Matt Black into a glitter from someone around town, jeez.

I mean, if I had the kind of money to afford an MB, I might as well :rolleyes:

I mean, if I had the kind of money to afford an MB, I might as well :rolleyes:

Truth. :LOL: I'm such a consumer whore because I know for a fact I'll end up buying the MBC-1RS but the problem is do I buy it before or after my Eastwood airline I want to buy later in the year :( Jack whites guitar has been a huge GAS for me since god knows when, and this is basically it.

Update: I finally got around to doing something about the cort logo on my mbc.

Matte black non reflective tape. I luckily got a roll with the same exact texturing as the finish on the corts.

You can't even see it from afar and you can barely see it when playing whilst sitting or standing.

No need for sanding after all lol

Matte black non reflective tape. I luckily got a roll with the same exact texturing as the finish on the corts.

You can't even see it from afar and you can barely see it when playing whilst sitting or standing.

pics or it's an etc etc

What kid of tape and where did ya get it?

Also after messing around with a bunch of different kinds of strings on the MBC-1, I've settled - Cleartone 10s are the best I've felt and heard. :)

I just ordered one of the upcoming lefty MBC1's this week, getting so excited for that to arrive in about june.:)

but should i go with the standard bridge pickup or with the full blown MBK2?

The standard bridge pickup is fine. I ended up putting a sustainiac in mine and upgrading a few other things, but didn't change the standard bridge pickup

Yeah, the standard pickup is pretty good. You could always swap it for an MBK-2 later anyway.

Getting left handed guitars seems like a bit of a pain in the arse, makes me glad I play the wrong way round :LOL:

Are you left handed? That's fascinating, I don't think I've met a left handed person before :ohmy:

Nah but really, I get what you mean, especially since it was quite a while before they even released left handed MA guitars. As for the Cort pickup, it does sound a bit different (I think it's a bit louder mainly) but considering what it is, it's really good. After all, MattB didn't switch the stock pickups out of his...but then they might have been originally been built for a specific purpose!

Speaking of standard bridge pickup, I'm selling one. Also the neck too. :rolleyes:

Ya know, it's pretty interesting that the standard pickup is so much lighter than the MBK3. I would say it's half the weight, actually. Wonder why that's the case

Are you left handed? That's fascinating, I don't think I've met a left handed person before :ohmy:

Nah but really, I get what you mean, especially since it was quite a while before they even released left handed MA guitars. As for the Cort pickup, it does sound a bit different (I think it's a bit louder mainly) but considering what it is, it's really good. After all, MattB didn't switch the stock pickups out of his...but then they might have been originally been built for a specific purpose!

:LOL:

Wonder why none of MB's mbcs have been used for that purpose yet...