Ugh, remember a few posts back about the one guy talking about how the matt black was getting kind of shiny from where his hand had touched it while playing? It's happening to mine now, and while I don't mind it nearly as much because worn looking guitars are great, it's a little weird looking when I look down. Good thing it still sounds great tho :p

this is casual on tele style headstocks with no string tree. the problem that's happening here is your high E nut slot is probably a little too wide to hold the string, and since there's no string tree to hold it down after the nut it vibrates inside the nut like crazy causing that annoying buzzing sound.

on my mbc it happens like that on the open B string and no matter how low I set my hap tuners (they're all the way down on the high strings) it still buzzes, but it's barely noticable unless you're playing unplugged and strumming real hard.

no amount of adjusting the neck or bridge will fix this unless you get a new nut, or you just rub in some graphite from a pencil into the nut slot, it'll stop the harmonic buzzing for a little while.

unless he's talking about it buzzing against the 1st fret because the nut is cut too low, which is something completely different

Are you sure you're not mixing up buzz with the unique overtones of a Manson guitar with no string trees? My Manson ma-2 has this weird chime to it on the higher

Strings but like you said it's only noticeable when unplugged, adds a chimey tome

To them.

I think I know what he's referring to. It's from the string not being tight enough in the nut slot, and it rings above the nut as well, since there's no string tree there.

The actual height looks fine, so it shouldn't be rattling against the first fret at least.

Does anyone consider about installing the XY pad in MBC1?

Now I'm using the TouchOSC app on my old iphone 4 gripped with double-sided tape and the midi connection over Core Midi Wi-fi and my Roland Quad Capture interface sends midi commands to the Kaoss Pad. It's pretty simple so you don't have to cut any holes, but it has some issues such as delay and connection problems.

Now I decided to get a real one and ordered the XY Pad from Amptone lab. I know that there's not enough space under the stopbar and now I'm thinking about possible bridge replacements to save some place for the touchscreen.

The basic option is to get the Schaller LP Tremolo which could be mounted on the bridge place, but I haven't seen any tests and overall, I think it'll make the sound much worse.

The medium difficulty option is to drill new holes and convert to wraparound bridge. And the "hardcore" option is to cut a new hole for the tremolo bridge.

I think I know what he's referring to. It's from the string not being tight enough in the nut slot

Yes I think too ! (sorry for my english i'm french)

I have to change the nut, no alternative. What kind of nut do you recommend ?

Now I'm using the TouchOSC app on my old iphone 4 gripped with double-sided tape and the midi connection over Core Midi Wi-fi and my Roland Quad Capture interface sends midi commands to the Kaoss Pad. It's pretty simple so you don't have to cut any holes, but it has some issues such as delay and connection problems.

Now I decided to get a real one and ordered the XY Pad from Amptone lab. I know that there's not enough space under the stopbar and now I'm thinking about possible bridge replacements to save some place for the touchscreen.

The basic option is to get the Schaller LP Tremolo which could be mounted on the bridge place, but I haven't seen any tests and overall, I think it'll make the sound much worse.

The medium difficulty option is to drill new holes and convert to wraparound bridge. And the "hardcore" option is to cut a new hole for the tremolo bridge.

It would be easier to make a new body.

wow oh wow I just had a close encounter with my cort. The strap got caught on my chair whilst I was pulling away and it came tumbling down. LUCKILY guitar is absolutely still fine, with no visible scratches or dings or even worse, giant dents.

I mean going by how often MB throws his around I'm not surprised mine has no dings or anything from a mere fall into the metal part of my rolling chair.

You could take a look at the MA EVO S

heavily debating buying a sustainiac but it doesnt seem like many places sell them BESIDES them. I just wanted a better deal than 230 bucks for it.

Well Maniac Music *makes* the Sustainiac, so it'd be hard to beat their price. Here's a list of dealers, maybe try calling around and see if someone closer to you can do the installation instead.

Well Maniac Music *makes* the Sustainiac, so it'd be hard to beat their price. Here's a list of dealers, maybe try calling around and see if someone closer to you can do the installation instead.

Yeah the problem being is that dealers will often sell things at a street price and not MSRP, so I was hoping for that - or maybe a used resale SOMEWHERE close ;_;