While it's not a heavy song per se, I think if they shorted the introduction a little it's still a pretty fast-paced song, if you see what I mean. It's also not exactly a pop song so I doubt the Download crowd would have any problems :LOL:

But that's just my optimism, ofc

Showbiz is a huge live song. It would probably go down just fine at Download.

Oh yeah, I think it'd go down well. I just meant that, out of all the old songs/rarities they could bring back specifically for this festival, Showbiz probably wouldn't be one of the more obvious choices as opposed to stuff like CE, Dead Star or Assassin.

There's a megabus from Loughborough at 2:40am

Ah, I didn't even see that, and it's only £8. Does mean having to wait in London for two hours until the first train to Colchester, but I'm sure I can figure something out!

It a similar position but need to get back to Scotland! haha...We'll pull through on the high of the gig! :)

The things we put ourselves through for this band!

I was at that, couldn't believe it when they pulled out Toys, Toys, Toys..

I guess could also look at Linkin Park when they did it (not including their Hybrid Theory set last year) for a similar not particularly heavy band http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/linkin-park/2011/donington-park-castle-donington-england-43d323eb.html

I was at the Linkin one, and they did pull out a fair few of their "softer" songs off of 1000 Suns which I didn't think would go down well at all, but seemed the audience enjoyed.

Although, tbf, it rained the whole fucking day so I couldn't really tell what people enjoyed or not :LOL:

Probably gonna go to this. Hoping to get there about 1-2 ish. That early enough to get a good place?

I'm not booking a hotel and the only time I can get a train etc is like 8AM so I'm gonna have about 10 hours after the gig to kill :LOL:

Might have to go chill in the airport or something FFS!

Probably gonna go to this. Hoping to get there about 1-2 ish. That early enough to get a good place?

I'm not booking a hotel and the only time I can get a train etc is like 8AM so I'm gonna have about 10 hours after the gig to kill :LOL:

I feel that. I get in at 10 past 7 :LOL:

To the NME article, I'm not sure if Matt means fire as in visuals, or fire as in past paced songs - ie metaphotically. That was my initial assumption but hey I'm not going to complain at a good stage show :LOL:

Me and my friend possibly gonna be in the same position! I think with a bunch of Muse getting excited by rumours of this "being a special show" with a "unique set list" has spurred a lot of us to buy last minute tickets but basically only for Muse! So, you won't be alone! Where do you live? I'm travelling all the way from Aberdeen! :LOL:

Larry and I will be on this coach! Maybe see you at 3:50am :p

Haha, see you there :D It's going to be a long wait so it'll be nice to have some company!

Haha, the fun and games!

That's certainly one way of putting it :LOL:

People travelling up on the Saturday - what time are you all getting there? I need to book my train up but have no idea what sort of time I should go for.

Simply cause that was the song they played on the show? I'm not saying

"Mercy" won't be there, but this article doesn't point in that direction as

far as I can tell...

Don't worry guys, I've seen the show (Graham Norton), and he said it in reference to the pyrotechnics they had for Mercy.

Of course, I'm not saying they definitely won't play it...Muse logic n'all.

I think it's pretty clear that Matt's referring to the pyro in the clip, in that they're going to have plenty of fire and shit at Download.

Mercy's still a possibility but that clip doesn't specifically suggest anything towards it.

Me and my friend possibly gonna be in the same position! I think with a bunch of Muse getting excited by rumours of this "being a special show" with a "unique set list" has spurred a lot of us to buy last minute tickets but basically only for Muse! So, you won't be alone! Where do you live? I'm travelling all the way from Aberdeen! :LOL:

I live near Middlesbrough, Still a chance that I might be going with a mate in the car but a slim one.

I don't care TBH. I'm going, I think it will be totally worth it!

People need to stop acting like Download is Wacken Open Air. People's heads aren't going to explode when they play a softer song. I've seen acts like Slash play ballads on Download (from his solo material, not from GNR), and the crowd responded really well to it.

I think a lot of people there will be more disappointed if they don't play the more known singles.

People need to stop acting like Download is Wacken Open Air. People's heads aren't going to explode when they play a softer song. I've seen acts like Slash play ballads on Download (from his solo material, not from GNR), and the crowd responded really well to it.

I think a lot of people there will be more disappointed if they don't play the more known singles.

There's a difference between a slow song though and poppy songs like Madness. That will piss people off.

They can still play the well known singles... it'd just be so easy to slot in some heavy/rare songs too. Resistance isn't even one of their more well known songs, so that can fuck off for starters.

This.

I'm fully expecting (and happy to see) New Born, Plug In Baby, Stockholm, KoC, songs like that... They're not going to pull out 20 rarities or something.

I reckon they'll play TSP, Showbiz, MM, Dead Star, Assassin (almost a given imo), CE, Futurism and Fury.

I'm incredibly jealous and excited for anyone going, but I still find it stupid that a festival runs throughout the middle of exam period :noey:

Edit: Oh, and Agitated

Edited by mattestro.

I reckon they'll play TSP, Showbiz, MM, Dead Star, Assassin (almost a given imo), CE, Futurism and Fury.

I'm incredibly jealous and excited for anyone going, but I still find it stupid that a festival runs throughout the middle of exam period :noey:

I would officially retire from Muse gigs if all of those got played :LOL: Seems way too good to be possible.

Hadn't thought of Futurism though, that'd be pretty cool.