Where are you travelling from?

Coming from London, so my plan initially was to take Kings Cross into Derby then Skylink to Donington

(Just double checked and the tickets have doubled in price. What a rookie mistake forgetting to book them... Sigh...)

Coming from London, so my plan initially was to take Kings Cross into Derby then Skylink to Donington

(Just double checked and the tickets have doubled in price. What a rookie mistake forgetting to book them... Sigh...)

There's trains to Nottingham for £12 on megabus.com (from St Pancras)

Infact you can go 1st class for £21!

There's trains to Nottingham for £12 on megabus.com (from St Pancras)

Infact you can go 1st class for £21!

Oh wow, thanks for that!!

Can look into that a little more :)

Going to have to get up at 6 :LOL: going to be about a 25 hour day for me.... Ah dear

Edited by AdamCee

Btw, off topic, but Matt totally have a brain fart when he seemingly announced a headline slot at bestival a few weeks back, or is that in the works for next year....

Nah it's this year. Just Muse won't be announced for Bestival until after Download. Bestival will have an agreement with Download in which they won't announce them until after the latter so that it creates more demand for Download. If they announced them now there would be quite a few Muse fans who would decide not to bother buying Download tickets (e.g. Me as I'm already going to Bestival so there's no point me wasting another £100+ to see a very similar set).

It happens quite a lot with festivals for example that recent lollapalooza berlin gig has been known for quite a while but wasn't able to be announced due to some other german festival

Still not decided. :awesome:

Don't think it helps I'm meant to be buying new clothes, and that there's other gigs I'm looking into buying tix for also on sale in this very week. The rapscallions. :chuckle:

It happens quite a lot with festivals for example that recent lollapalooza berlin gig has been known for quite a while but wasn't able to be announced due to some other german festival

Not that it did that much good - I saw YouTube from the two German festival gigs, which were basically half-empty stadium shows. And apparently their set had the biggest audience of that day... clearly not that popular a festival.

I think I might get some wellies for this looking at the forecast :LOL:

Do they still play Headup as an outro?

From what I've seen Ashamed is currently being used as an outro to New Born.

And just as well I don't need a new pair - size 14 wellies is what I currently wear. Fucking massive.

I've literally just bought a ticket for this, and am going from London (alone :( ) to hopefully get on the barrier. I just couldn't miss a one-off heavy set without hating myself forever...

Just wondering what people's travel plans are (especially to/from London) if you have a day ticket? Getting back after Muse finish is my biggest concern as I may not be able to get the last train back and then be stranded in Derby which isn't an attractive prospect tbh

If anyone is driving back from Download to London I'd pay for a lift if that was possible lol

Edited by yourenotadrone

The weather predictions are getting worse

It keeps changing CONSTANLY, and different sites have different forecasts. It's really starting to annoy me tbh. BBC currently has light rain for the entirety of Saturday. It can't rain all day, surely? :(

It keeps changing CONSTANLY, and different sites have different forecasts. It's really starting to annoy me tbh. BBC currently has light rain for the entirety of Saturday. It can't rain all day, surely? :(

I guess you weren't at Leeds 2013. That was enough to damage the soul

One site I was looking at said chance of thunder :LOL:

The Weather Channel however said there would be no rain...

Me and my mate are getting there at 2-3 and hoping to get on the barrier.

I'll be slightly gutted if we don't :(

If you don't mind being to the side a bit, you should be okay. If you wanna be near the middle though, you might struggle.

I've said this a few times but I wouldn't trust weather reports until Thursday at the earliest.

The thing with the weather is that there is a 'thundery low'/'Spanish plume' coming up from France on Friday, and these are notoriously hard to predict. Could be thunderstorms working their way up the country at some point on Friday/Sat and then just turning into a nuisance area of rain over mid-north England, which is currently forecast.

It's not looking overly promising, but as mentioned, it's best to check the forecast on Friday, it'll be way more accurate by then

If you don't mind being to the side a bit, you should be okay. If you wanna be near the middle though, you might struggle.

I've said this a few times but I wouldn't trust weather reports until Thursday at the earliest.

Yeah I don't mind too much, wanting to get on Matt's side, he's usually on the left (facing the stage) right?

Yeah I don't mind too much, wanting to get on Matt's side, he's usually on the left (facing the stage) right?

Yep, I'll probably be aiming to be around there as well. Probs a little bit further back than the barrier though, but we'll see.

Worth noting that it might be hard to get on the barrier directly in front of Matt. I imagine there'll be a group of die-hards who'll have practically set up camp there.

Yep, I'll probably be aiming to be around there as well. Probs a little bit further back than the barrier though, but we'll see.

Worth noting that it might be hard to get on the barrier directly in front of Matt. I imagine there'll be a group of die-hards who'll have practically set up camp there.

Yeah I imagine there is too. Not too bothered as long as we get near/close TBH.