Nottingham bus station (Broadmarsh) has lockers from £1 for 24 hours. You can then catch the skylink bus to the site from there.

Do you happen to know the size of the lockers, roughly?

Ie should they easily fit a rucksack (or two)?

Do you happen to know the size of the lockers, roughly?

Ie should they easily fit a rucksack (or two)?

They vary in size. The large ones (£3) can fit a suitcase. We fit two backpacks/gym bags into the smallest ones

They vary in size. The large ones (£3) can fit a suitcase. We fit two backpacks/gym bags into the smallest ones

BBC says " Saturday cloudy with heavy and possibly thundery rain".

How bad does the weather have to be for the gig to be called off?

Generally, absolutely awful. I believe they'd only do it for health and safety reasons and for the most part they do prepare the stages to withstand a lot of rain.

Not sure if I'm looking at a different weather report, but this BBC one says that there will be heavy thunderous rain on the Friday, stopping about 7am Saturday (then starting again lightly at 10)

Isolated severe thunderstorms seem likely to develop on Friday, these succeeded by a band of more widespread heavy rain and occasional thunderstorms, moving gradually north later in the day, affecting much of the highlighted region into the early hours of Saturday morning.The public should be aware that there is a chance of some very localised significant disruption, mainly from surface water flooding. Lightning and hail could also cause some impacts.

Edited by AdamCee

From the BBC:

Updated 1 hour ago

Isolated severe thunderstorms seem likely to develop on Friday, these succeeded by a band of more widespread heavy rain and occasional thunderstorms, moving gradually north later in the day, affecting much of the highlighted region into the early hours of Saturday morning.The public should be aware that there is a chance of some very localised significant disruption, mainly from surface water flooding. Lightning and hail could also cause some impacts.

BBC says " Saturday cloudy with heavy and possibly thundery rain".

How bad does the weather have to be for the gig to be called off?

Weather would have to be absolutely horrendous for it to be called off (significant flooding on the scale of 2012 or sustained gales like the winter storms the other year) but those are both things which they would have plenty of warning about and definitely aren't going to happen this year.

It is festival law that people will people will get drenched and muddy and (sometimes foolishly) pitch their tents in bogs, swamps, streams and rivers and still generally have a good time.

Glastonbury 2014 was hit by a brief power cut during a storm but lightning actually struck the site and they were back up and running within half an hour I believe.

Weather would have to be absolutely horrendous for it to be called off (significant flooding on the scale of 2012 or sustained gales like the winter storms the other year) but those are both things which they would have plenty of warning about and definitely aren't going to happen this year.

It is festival law that people will people will get drenched and muddy and (sometimes foolishly) pitch their tents in bogs, swamps, streams and rivers and still generally have a good time.

Glastonbury 2014 was hit by a brief power cut during a storm but lightning actually struck the site and they were back up and running within half an hour I believe.

I'm not sure if this was Glasto, might have been R&L, but if I remember correctly Paramore's set was cut halfway though and everything went dark :LOL: can't remember if that was just an electrical fault or due to weather, though

I'm not sure if this was Glasto, might have been R&L, but if I remember correctly Paramore's set was cut halfway though and everything went dark :LOL: can't remember if that was just an electrical fault or due to weather, though

I was at Paramore last year at Reading and all their electronics cut out halfway, nothing to do with weather and resulted in a really cool acoustic playing of The Only Exception which was worth it. Still not really sure why it happened but it was quite sunny when it did. Didn't rain until the monday morning of the festival.

It was at least an hour/hour and a half before things started running smoothly at Glasto given the storm took over half an hour to move on. The rain was biblical. It wasn't actually a powercut that caused the shut down, lightning hit the top of the pyramid stage and the whole lot was stopped from a health and safety point of view.

As a result the other acts were on late and their slots were cut.

Edited by hipbones

RE: Weather.

Just have to wait and see, I would be surprise if we had NO rain what-so-ever, but

I have seen other reports saying it should be fairly dry...So these are just predictions, cycles can change slightly which set the weather on a slightly different pattern, as we know! So will just have to see on Saturday!

Creeper are playing the fourth stage on the Saturday of Download. 3:10, which means you'll still be able to get a rad spot for Muse, and I can't recommend them highly enough

I would believe this because dip has all the taste in bands okay

I WANNA GO TO DOWNLOAD I HATE YOU ALL

Still not decided :awesome:

I'm guessing too late to get physical tix in advance now.

If you go and it's mediocre at least you're not gonna regret it. If you don't go and it's insane you'll be kicking yourself.

Guys spam the fuck out of #ShowbizForDownload on twitter, that's what the main push is for.

Guys spam the fuck out of #ShowbizForDownload on twitter, that's what the main push is for.

This! I'm not hopeful that they'll play it at all, but still gotta try to push for it somehow!

What annoys me is this is probably their only obvious chance to play Showbiz – it's perfect for DL! It's too random/rare for a normal festival show and although they could potentially play it on arena tours, I doubt they will. They'd want to save precious setlist space for promoting Drones. Download is the best chance to play some obscure heavy shit, I just hope they pull something epic out of the bag! =D