The 2nd verse has to be the best Muse live moment ever (1:10 onwards), and maybe overall the best Muse performance ever? I don't know, I can't really put words on what's so special about it beside that crazy verse, but the chorus (esp. the last one) sent such a strong sensation through my entire body. I'm making it sound silly so I'll cut the crap but watching this I thought that no other musician will ever give me anything similar. I don't know if Muse will make me feel this way again in the future (I hope so, and they did on T2L Tour), but even it they don't that band is and will be irreplaceable for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAEi-haakJM

Edited by Zepp

The 2nd verse has to be the best Muse live moment ever (1:10 onwards), and maybe overall the best Muse performance ever?

:stunned:

Never thought I'd see this claim be made over a TIRO performance.

I'm not even sure I could single out one best live moment tbh, would make for fun thinking though. Might try and make a top 10 overall performances ever.

Best Muse moments (they don't work as well if you jump straight into them but I'm sure you've all seen them before:

Blackout solo at Wembley 2007:

"But I'm buuusy" Unintended Wembley 2007:

Invincible post-solo yell at Reading 2006:

The Showbiz falsetto at MCM 1999:

The ending of the "acoustic" version of Unintended:

That falsetto in Recess. Didn't think it was possible for him to sound so relaxed at that range:

Best live moment or best live TIRO ever?

Idly curious. :chuckle:

Best live moment for sure. That's a great version of TIRO but I still think the best thing that song's ever given us is the Glasto Shuffle™.

Always, would be in mine too <3 Also

,especially as he walks off holding the guitar up.

I was just gonna do my overall favourite performances but if we're going individual moments then here's some o' mine:

Behind a broooooken fraaaame @ R1 Big Weekend '06

(genuinely iconic imo, gives me goosebumps almost every time, including Matt's faint 'WAH' before it kicks off)

(again, goosebumps)

AAAAAANBEEEEEEEG @ Shepherd's Bush '06 (or the whole second half of TAB tbh)

The Chord™ (no link required)

Pro-shot's gone for some reason (:() but there's a great shot of Matt standing against the LED screen alone on-stage while his guitar drones on at the end of Stockholm @ Eden Project that's always stuck with me as well.

Edited by Jobby

Leeds/Reading '11 will forever be my favourite Space Dementia outro. Can't beat that feedback, guitar throw and massive wall of CO2. Videos really don't do justice to how h u g e that shit was :love:

Going straight into Hyper Music was pure madness as well, it took that riff to snap my jaw back into place :chuckle: Best 10 minute section of that gig by a mile.

Edited by Jobby

Best Muse moments (they don't work as well if you jump straight into them but I'm sure you've all seen them before:

"But I'm buuusy" Unintended Wembley 2007:

Invincible post-solo yell at Reading 2006:

The Showbiz falsetto at MCM 1999:

The ending of the "acoustic" version of Unintended:

That falsetto in Recess. Didn't think it was possible for him to sound so relaxed at that range:

Watching these just reaffirms that Muse are past there best and I'll never see moments like these live. That makes me sad :supersad:

Yeah Space Dementia at Reading 2011 was awesome, as was consequent Hyper Music.

Dead Star at Shepherd's Bush ranks highly, if only as I actually hadn't heard about the soundcheck/request, so to hear that riff was fucking great.

Best live moment for sure. That's a great version of TIRO but I still think the best thing that song's ever given us is the Glasto Shuffle™.

Yeah the Glasto shuffle is great. I do think its a fairly consistent tune live, and its an improvement on Starlight, but there's better in their arsenal.

As Jobby mentioned, New Born at Glastonbury '04 is absolute perfection. I also like:

- Madness at Jools Holland 2012, best performance of the song for me.

- Follow Me from Taratata, the best Matt ever sounded on that song.

- CoD at Denver 2006. That A4! Thanks for recently bringing it to my attenion, Tjet.

- SS from Wembley 2007. Great performance and the way it's shot takes it to another level.

Edited by cyborgninja117

What do you guys reckon is the best performance of AP? Earls Court and Gran Rex are my picks.

Leeds/Reading '11 will forever be my favourite Space Dementia outro. Can't beat that feedback, guitar throw and massive wall of CO2. Videos really don't do justice to how h u g e that shit was :love:

Yeah, I can't imagine how beastly it must have to see that in person.

What do you guys reckon is the best performance of AP? Earls Court and Gran Rex are my picks.

Maybe

? Quite like the slightly different breakdowns, Matt's less reliance on falsetto and the extra bit of piano fuckery at the end. Only issue for me is it's a smidgen too fast (as the early performances were) and you can tell why Matt eventually ended up relying on the falsetto :chuckle:

I'd love to see Cave come back next tour. Guitar or piano, I'll be happy with either version.

Maybe
? Quite like the slightly different breakdowns, Matt's less reliance on falsetto and the extra bit of piano fuckery at the end. Only issue for me is it's a smidgen too fast (as the early performances were) and you can tell why Matt eventually ended up relying on the falsetto :chuckle:

Haven't seen that gig before, thanks for the link. That's a great performance of AP.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted before but I'm honestly gonna go out on a limb and say this is my favourite modern performance of Bliss. It genuinely looks and felt almost like an OOS-era performance with the club setting, crowd going mental, balloons bouncing off the roof and Matt going off the rails at the end, messing about, laughing and shouting "What the fuck is that?" at things :happy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZTh3rwaT0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2J2Dk001-8

One of the last appearances of the falsetto as well tmk (and it sounds pretty good from what you can hear). Forgot he did it tbh, I was going mad at the time :chuckle:

Unfortunately I can only find clips :(

'Dat Dead Star too.

"Try this one." :awesome:.

Don't scold me but a part of me was actually slightly disappointed when he said that and started Dead Star, just because I ̶s̶t̶u̶p̶i̶d̶l̶y̶ genuinely thought we were about to get Showbiz :chuckle:

Obvs got over it quickly though, that song is made for clubs. 6:02 to 6:08 was particularly

2232-jieaas.gif

God, I'm so ready for another club tour. Can't imagine multiple gigs of that on the bounce.