That's because the backing track is so high in the mix.

I am fairly convinced that nowadays they aren't using a backing track anymore for it.

Really like the Jools version, thanks!

Also, I think tour-wise I really like this performance of Mercy. It does have the strained tour voice though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Tjx0pxP6OE

Edited by Matthijs

But that must mean you've missed the best performance of the song!
(keep listening to the last chorus)

Holy balls.

The guitar solo sounds great. I'm glad he gave that A4 a go as well, you could tell it knackered him out for the next note but it was worth it. Is this performance the only time he ever attempted it live?

Holy balls.

The guitar solo sounds great. I'm glad he gave that A4 a go as well, you could tell it knackered him out for the next note but it was worth it. Is this performance the only time he ever attempted it live?

It's the only performance I've ever found, and I've checked every bootleg that was on muselive.

Honestly I can't find anything on that site anymore. They even used to have a bootleg index. Will never understand how they managed to fuck it up so badly.

I managed to find the bootleg index but none of the links work :rolleyes:

I used to use it a lot back in the day, i even uploaded a couple of bootlegs ( just odd radio live sessions, no big gigs). But they really screwed it up when they changed the format of the forums. For example, these official forums use a pretty standard, simple layout, and PlaystationTrophies and XboxAchievements use exactly the same layout so I imagine hundreds of other sites use it too.

I used to love Muselive, you could download loads of gigs without worrying about share ratios or whether people are seeding the gigs unlike a certain other bootleg site :rolleyes:

You realise that seeding is the way torrents work though? If other people didn't seed for you, you wouldn't be able to download the bootleg you wanted, which is why it's considered fair to seed for other people as well.

You realise that seeding is the way torrents work though? If other people didn't seed for you, you wouldn't be able to download the bootleg you wanted, which is why it's considered fair to seed for other people as well.

I left my PC on solid for about a week seeding Glasto 16, in that time it had uploaded about 25% of what i had downloaded :LOL:

EDIT : Back on topic.....I think HAARP has quite a few best performances on it.....MotP, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Feeling Good, Hoodoo, NewBorn, Blackout )

Edited by Tuck Norris 85

I'd never heard that version of the solo before, always skipped to the last chorus of the Denver audio :chuckle:

Sounds decent enough though. One less excuse for Matt then :awesome:

EDIT : Back on topic.....I think HAARP has quite a few best performances on it.....MotP, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Feeling Good, Hoodoo, NewBorn, Blackout )

Map - Rock Am Ring 2010

Hoodoo - Isle Of Wight 2007 or Tokyo International Forum 2007

Feeling Good - Jools Holland 2001

New Born - Big Day Out 2004, Glastonbury 2004, Pinkpop 2007, Gran Rex 2008

I'll give you Blackout though. Not 100% on a definitive Butterflies, maybe I've forgotten, there's plenty better than HAARP though.

Edited by Jobby

TaB from Shepherd's Bush is great.

BUT, it doesn't have the amazing live ending - it just fades like the album one. Not so cool.

Ah, you see, thats why i prefer that one. I find the extra notes are ok if it is the closing song but when it was the opener, i would have liked to see the fade out going into Hysteria.

EDIT

If you like the outro though, have you heard the recording from VFest08? The synths sound really clear, much clearer than on HAARP. Only thing with that recording though is you can hear the click tape.

Edited by Tuck Norris 85