Tbh, I wouldn't mind Follow Me making a live return as it was pretty damn immense live imo

I imagine Matt would've sounded a wreck if he'd tried to sing it on this tour tbf.

Only saw it once but I don't really remember it and ain't keen on the studio version so I'm not fussed. I think MK, US, IBTY, Animals and Survival (though he probs couldn't do that either) are the only ones I really care about out of the forgotten newer stuff.

In terms of 2nd Law, I think I like Supremacy more than some people on here. I enjoy the sound of the big Drop A riffs. Follow Me I wasn't really bothered about live, even if the laser show the first time I caught it was kick-ass. To some degree, a lot of that album is better studio than live, which is a bit weird.

Damn, Matt's vocals really were on form at that gig. Still can't remember the last time I was excited by a performance of TIRO though tbh :chuckle: I think I just don't like the song in general at this point.

I still like TIRO and its live performances. Sure, its fairly straight-forward pop, but I still find it fun. Moreso than Starlight or Uprising, at least.

I'd also like Follow Me to pop up now and then, especially if it could give Madness a break, but yeah given Matt's shape lately it's really unlikely.

People were worried after TR tour and then T2L tour happened so hopefully Matt will surprise us on the next tour... Although I really fear for his falsetto.

There wasn't a lot of fear after The Resistance Tour though. He was still nailing Bliss falsettos here and there and also hit the high note in Hyper Music for the first time.

Hyper Music? You mean the A4? That was L/R after the tour and, that's my point, I think most of us were more than happily surprised with Matt's vocals at both gigs, seeing as he'd been avoiding difficult material throughout the tour.

Semantics aside, I think we all agree though; his falsetto was good when he used it on TR tour, but he was keeping it to the minimum and avoiding hard chest notes. Calling him lazy is an interpretation, a declining voice could have been a different possible interpretation back then. Hence why I'm worried about his obviously strained head voice. (but still secretly hoping)

I'd be up for dropping Interlude tbf. Not sure what it adds anymore, apart from a Matt vocal rest slot. Or at least if they have to, playing something different.

Interlude was great when it was first brought back to segue between Resistance and Hysteria on TR tour.

Nowadays all it does is kill the flow.

Interlude's just another one of those things that they started using, thought "yeah that's cool", and then drove into the ground by doing it every time for several years. Same with MWAH, the D&B jams that are basically different versions of Osaka, Back In Black, the TIRO sing-along, etc. Isolated System's in danger of going down the same route as well.

I'll give them credit for stuff like Prelude before Starlight, Voodoo Child and the 'cheer-along' variation on the PIB fuzz-fuckery (even though I weirdly don't mind that so much despite it being the longest running of these gimmicks) on this tour. There's still plenty of already existing stuff I'd like to see them use to help clean out and replace or even just rotate with the stale things though:

Forced In

The Gallery

Nishe

Minimum

Man Of Mystery

Popcorn

Piano Thing

Host intro (why were you so short lived? :supersad:)

Jimmy Jam

Vuilstamen

Prelude In G Minor on piano

Kaoss Jam

I still think they could do something similar to what they did with Host to Shine as well. Oh, and some sort of shortened instrumental version of Con-Science.

Edit: Damn, I think that's my first legit 'long-winded Muse complaint' post in ages. I was doing so well :(

I'd say Nishe was done to death

u'd b sayin wrong

Honestly one of my favourite pieces of music they've ever done. Looking back, it still seems so weird that it was ever such a regular thing. It's pretty obscure even amongst hardcores so how they remembered it and actually thought to bring it back is beyond me. So glad I saw it in time <3

Also yeah, I'd obvs be totally down for some cool new stuff. I was just listing old stuff they could easily bring back to keep things fresh that wouldn't even take any effort. Jimmy Jam at the Eiffel Tower was a top surprise.

u'd b sayin wrong

Honestly one of my favourite pieces of music they've ever done. Looking back, it still seems so weird that it was ever such a regular thing. It's pretty obscure even amongst hardcores so how they remembered it and actually thought to bring it back is beyond me. So glad I saw it in time <3

Also yeah, I'd obvs be totally down for some cool new stuff. I was just listing old stuff they could easily bring back to keep things fresh that wouldn't even take any effort. Jimmy Jam at the Eiffel Tower was a top surprise.

Don't get me wrong - its a nice piece of music. But I'd take something else from the "cool, weird ambient" songs as such an interlude first.