I'm sure Matt could find a way to make it worse.

Maybe he'll have Chris play it on acoustic guitar while he walks around.

To be fair I didn't mind the similar version of Unintended at the Emirates Stadium, or at least the bit that was just Matt singing and Chris playing a Fender Strat before the bizarre electronic bassline came in and sounded shit.

Then again, Blackout on the same tour and most Starlight performances since...

Is it really worth it with falsetto A4s?
I really like the 2006 performances tbh. Especially when it means he'll give the G4s one hell of a go.

But I wonder if asking for CoD will just give Matt a super easy excuse to not play it (the guitar). So I'm trying to think of what else we could ask for as a collective. We've done Dead Star, Fury and Assassin. Showbiz didn't work and we've done CE and Bliss to death. Maybe Darkshines? HTAILY? Endlessly (would love that one tbh)

We tried with Muscle Museum as well and got one or two performances, wish we got more as it sounded brilliant imo.

Darkshines was the surprise highlight of Leeds 2011 for me, it's not one from OoS I listen to often but the live version is phenomenal, would be more than happy if they started giving it a go again. If not CoD I'd also like Endlessly and Sing for Absolution.

Is it really worth it with falsetto A4s?

In a word:

yes

So I'm trying to think of what else we could ask for as a collective. We've done Dead Star, Fury and Assassin. Showbiz didn't work and we've done CE and Bliss to death. Maybe Darkshines? HTAILY? Endlessly (would love that one tbh)

Holy fuck would I be down for HTAILY (y'all know I've championed a piano version big time). I feel like it's a bit too niche even for the hardcore fanbase though, I feel like hardly anyone would get behind it.

I do agree that COD would be too easy for Matt to say no to though (needs an acoustic, trumpet solo, maybe too obscure), as much as that'd be my first choice. Dark Shines would be a shout, t'was fucking amazing at Leeds. Trying to think of other easy ones; TSP and TOADA maybe?

TSP and TOADA would be good...they don't seem too difficult vocally? Also, the return of Hoodoo to the piano section is long overdue.

Edit: forgot about the trumpet in CoD, it won't happen but they should bring Dan back so he can do it on Knights as well.

TSP and TOADA are both pretty simple vocally, especially since Chris does the hardest parts of TSP (mostly so Matt has time to breathe). Would love to see them both back.

Edit: and I do think that if we're gonna ask for something as a fanbase, it should be an energetic song, something that even casuals who don't know it might enjoy. Much easier to convince Muse of bringing something back if it actually gets a reaction.

I thought the Jools Holland version was very good. Matt's vocals were great and he didn't sound strained like he did on the tour.

Yep, either of these (personal fave the Graham Norton one for how it looks). To be honest, without any stupid "CLAP ALONG WITH ME GUYS!" and confetti, the song itself goes up a fair bit in my estimation...

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuXS0IftiSA[/YT]

[YT]

[/YT]

TSP and TOADA would be good...they don't seem too difficult vocally? Also, the return of Hoodoo to the piano section is long overdue.

Edit: forgot about the trumpet in CoD, it won't happen but they should bring Dan back so he can do it on Knights as well.

I saw CoD at Nottingham Arena where the trumpet solo was replaced by a guitar solo. Apparently Muse changed the set last minute to do the album in order and Dan had the night off :LOL:

Ah interesting, I had no idea they had ever performed CoD without it...I saw it live at Wembley '07 with Dan and thought that was how they always did it. I can imagine the guitar solo sounding good live.
But that must mean you've missed the best performance of the song!
(keep listening to the last chorus)

Supermassive black hole at Shepherd's bush 2006 is definitely the best performance of it :D

As Lewis said, TaB was great too, mainly because they kept the feedback at the end for this gig, and launched straight into Hysteria. Amazing.

EDIT: Thanks for sharing that, Tjet. Never seen that performance of CoD before. Epic guitar solo AND an epic A4.

Edited by Tuck Norris 85