Dreading the idea that I may get Explorers instead of Sunburn... Now that would be a shit rotation. :LOL:

Don't mind New Born though, one of my favourite songs but at the same time, wouldn't say no to SS! :p

Also, the visuals for Panic Station look awesome! Also can't wait to bag myself some of that Muse money! Foo Fighters did something similar at Reading but alas, the wind meant none fell where I was - hopefully this won't happen at the weekend! :D

Bellamy's getting far too lazy when it comes to guitar. Not playing Blackout is ridiculous :noey:

Agree, but was cool to see Chris doing it instead even if probably not as good

Who gives a fuck, they have actors and coffins!

I sense sarcasm...but actually thought the Animals bit with the actor and money worked really well. The feeling good petrol woman was a bit daft though :LOL:

I sense sarcasm...but actually thought the Animals bit with the actor and money worked really well. The feeling good petrol woman was a bit daft though :LOL:

Yeah I was sarcastic but at the same time I think that the Animals one (as it has been described, haven't seen videos yet) was cool. The rest though...

Matt didn't play the guitar at all during Starlight. He didn't even have his guitar on him. :noey:

that irks me. probably really the only thing i dislike about their progression as a live band. ive noticed his guitar parts have diminished/disappeared from songs like starlight, TIRO, apparently blackout from what ive read. even using nothing during UD is lame, i thought the keytar part he played last tour as an intro to the song was very cool. it looks like hes trying be a little more "rockstar". its cute, but he should just be the tiny guitar shredding frontman we all know he is.

that irks me. probably really the only thing i dislike about their progression as a live band.

yup

I can understand why in Follow me/UD as there's no reason for him to have an instrument. But, I don't think I can ever see myself enjoying watching bellamy prance around during a song with others playing his guitar parts for him. Especially during a gig closer. He should be rocking out, not strutting about.

I know bands change and evolve, but it just seems lazy.

Matt didn't play the guitar at all during Starlight. He didn't even have his guitar on him. :noey:

yeah, I've just seen that. I thought there was no way to make that song any worse, but apparently, there is.

well who knew. Matt is now Katy Perry:awesome:

I thought last night was fantastic, so many great moments. As always with Muse there were a few wtf moments and setlist choices which I hope they address.

The good

+ Dead Star, Sunburn, Blackout and Bliss in one show, hell yeah. Was good to hear Unintended again too.

+ The whole banker/flying Muse money in Animals was completely unexpected, I liked it.

+ The stage and visuals look pretty incredible, and the pyro was most welcome due to it being ridiculously cold.

+The band seemed really into it so did the crowd (for most of the songs).

The bad

- The weird petrol pump theatrics most likely mean that Feeling Good is going to be a staple. I'm hoping they drop it and just playing something different for 2 night shows.

- As much as I enjoy the song...Starlight is such a naff choice for a closer. Everyone around me thought they were going to carry on, it's nowhere near as climatic as something like SS, TaB or Survival. I hope they realise this and try something else at one of the Emirates shows, it really ends the gig on an anti-climatic note.

The ugly

Guiding Light...why Muse, why? If you're going to do a stadium 'anthem' Invincible would work so much better in that spot.

Undisclosed Desires. They were always going to play it for Matt's little walk around, but it's still a wasted slot imo.

-Those two songs went down like a lead balloon, especially Guiding Light. Just drop it already :LOL:

Despite those gripes it was still a fucking awesome night.

[YT]

[/YT] :love:

I really don't mind Chris playing guitar for either this or Blackout, and it's especially nice for this one.

The Blackout solo would be better if it had that intro from 2007, but it doesn't really matter who plays it as long as they have some presence on the stage (ie not Morgan).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=QqRpf72f55U&feature=endscreen :love:

I really don't mind Chris playing guitar for either this or Blackout, and it's especially nice for this one.

The Blackout solo would be better if it had that intro from 2007, but it doesn't really matter who plays it as long as they have some presence on the stage (ie not Morgan).

Goddammit.

Archived