On the set closer front, I agree that Starlight is an unintuitive choice, and probably wouldn't be the climax you'd want. For me, I always feel that Knights is sort of Muse's Won't Get Fooled Again - their iconic, climactic song, and one that perhaps should be a de facto closer, or at least close to it. I know that plenty of you who've seen them plenty of times might get bored by that idea, but I've only seen them twice (SECC '09, Leeds '11), both times they closed with Cydonia and both times I utterly loved it. That's partly because it's such a climactic song, and partly because it felt like a 'signature'.

The end of a gig is an 'occasion', and I think it needs a stronger closer than Starlight. A Knights/Stockholm/Survival final encore would probably make me wet myself.

Oh, and for the record, I love Man With A Harmonica - it's one of my absolute favourite pieces of film music ever and works brilliantly as an intro to Knights. Even if you might be tired of it. :p

No Chris did

I don't understand Matt,I remember him saying in an interview a while back about putting more effort into his guitar solos in The 2nd Law, somehow this turned into playing less live, doesn't really make sence but at least Chris saved the dy with Blackout:D

ah, ok I suppose when frakkles said it's pitch black... but I'm just talking nonsense as usual :LOL:

no mate i agree the crowd around me weren't really moshing unless it was one of the big songs i mentioned. if my leg was ok i'd go batshit crazy during SS but i can't risk further damaging my knee and more time off work, felt bad enough taking time off before.

On the set closer front, I agree that Starlight is an unintuitive choice, and probably wouldn't be the climax you'd want. For me, I always feel that Knights is sort of Muse's Won't Get Fooled Again - their iconic, climactic song, and one that perhaps should be a de facto closer, or at least close to it. I know that plenty of you who've seen them plenty of times might get bored by that idea, but I've only seen them twice (SECC '09, Leeds '11), both times they closed with Cydonia and both times I utterly loved it. That's partly because it's such a climactic song, and partly because it felt like a 'signature'.

The end of a gig is an 'occasion', and I think it needs a stronger closer than Starlight. A Knights/Stockholm/Survival final encore would probably make me wet myself.

Oh, and for the record, I love Man With A Harmonica - it's one of my absolute favourite pieces of film music ever and works brilliantly as an intro to Knights. Even if you might be tired of it. :p

Could not agree more, but would also be ok with either SS or Survival

Holy shit Ari look at that Knights performance and try to say again that Starlight would a be better closer

Yeah, it's a Knights performance. Standard Knights. Big woop, fucking special.

Also, I'm not saying that Starlight is a better closer. I'm just saying that I would take it over Knights, because I've seen Knights close about a billion times, and it has been the closer for almost two tours straight and a couple of gigs on this tour. It's boring now.

Yeah, it's a Knights performance. Standard Knights. Big woop, fucking special.

Also, I'm not saying that Starlight is a better closer. I'm just saying that I would take it over Knights, because I've seen Knights close about a billion times, and it has been the closer for almost two tours straight and a couple of gigs on this tour. It's boring now.

I've seen knights close 5-6 times, and whilst it is predictable I've never felt underwhelmed. That said seeing the finish with SS has such an epic feel of finality I would take that any day.

In summary SS > KOC > starlight

The visuals are actually amazing, much better than the arena tour ones

has the visuals for survival changed, anyone know?

No :( They're the same

But the whole engine/fire thing was just immense for everything else.

The visuals are actually amazing, much better than the arena tour ones

has the visuals for survival changed, anyone know?

no they havent. although the cartoon men are now wearing T2L album art on their suit lapels. i'm sure they weren't for the arenas. smallest of details i noticed at the time

Archived