Coventry though. And as someone else mentioned before the gig, it seemed like a lot of people were going just for the sake of it. Stuff never happens in Coventry otherwise, apparently.

By the logic of nothing else happening, the football team that plays there would sell out their home matches

Ricoh-Arena.jpg

... or not.

But obviously it's gonna be different. At SBE it felt like the whole gig was full of die-hard Muse fans. At a stadium, the proportion is going to be a lot different. Hell, I was surprised Dead Star was aired here, for instance.

Plus smaller towns can be like that. A lot of people at the Foo Fighters' MK Bowl gig only went there because it was in Milton Keynes, which rivals Coventry in the 'fuck all happens here' stakes.

Coventry though. And as someone else mentioned before the gig, it seemed like a lot of people were going just for the sake of it. Stuff never happens in Coventry otherwise, apparently.

Yeah, I definitely agree with that. There was definitely a higher ratio of people who were going for the hell of it compared to other Muse gigs I've been to. The twats who were off their faces and stumbling into everyone fairly near the front were particularly annoying :wtf:

Nevertheless, Muse put on a great spectacle and it was probably the most impressive gig I've seen so far in terms of visuals and setlist.

I can't wait to see the sets for the next few days because that'll HOPEFULLY alleviate some worries about Manchester getting NB again. I think in london one night has to get NB and one has to get Micro Cuts for Manchester to stand a chance of getting something other than NB again. We could even get Resistance again instead of Hysteria and even miss out on Sunburn again...

I really hope they/their tour manager has realised and won't give us the same result from every rotation :(

I can't wait to see the sets for the next few days because that'll HOPEFULLY alleviate some worries about Manchester getting NB again. I think in london one night has to get NB and one has to get Micro Cuts for Manchester to stand a chance of getting something other than NB again. We could even get Resistance again instead of Hysteria and even miss out on Sunburn again...

I really hope they/their tour manager has realised and won't give us the same result from every rotation :(

I'm fearing the worst. I got a good set at Glasgow so can't complain too much but the thought of missing Bliss, Dead Star(although B&H would be pretty cool) Hysteria and Stockholme has put me on edge. I still cant wrap my head around Starlight as a closer(not that anyone can)

Don't mind that Starlight finished, it may actually work better than people think.

And the fact that they played the longest set ever with Bliss, Sunburn and Dead Star more than makes up for any shortcomings it may have had.

Don't mind that Starlight finished, it may actually work better than people think.

It didnt really, people kind of seemed to be thinking 'oh is that it?' after it finished. Ending with Survival/Knights etc feels more like an ending, Starlight kind of felt like just another song

It didnt really, people kind of seemed to be thinking 'oh is that it?' after it finished. Ending with Survival/Knights etc feels more like an ending, Starlight kind of felt like just another song

I felt the same I was expecting take a bow or something to close ending on starlight wouldn't be too bad if the had fireworks or something to go out with a bang to show its over. It was so cold last night we was front row and I've never been cold during a gig normally end up sweating. Bringing back guiding light was pointless didn't even have the streamers which made it slightly better at wembley other than that was a really good gig

I felt the same I was expecting take a bow or something to close ending on starlight wouldn't be too bad if the had fireworks or something to go out with a bang to show its over.

Yeah exactly, it possibly could have worked but fell so flat compared to Survival ending the previous encore.

Also Matt not playing guitar in Starlight was kind of annoying, like i can understand leaving small parts like the verse in TIRO or Follow Me where its not the really that noticeable, but when its one of the main parts of the song...

Archived