Good songs and good flow. It really is that simple.

Unintended-Blackout-Guiding Light-Undisclosed is tragic. The first half of the gig though? Awesome. Dead Star, Sunburn, Animals and Bliss in the first 10 songs? Sign me up.

Now we just need to get Fury, Muscle Museum, Micro Cuts and Showbiz in the second half :D

It was a really surreal gig, that one. it might have been something to do with Dizzee Bonker being completely the wrong type of support, and the weird Feeling Gas petrol women, and the robot, and Starlight closing, but it felt a bit- I don't know- disjointed? Especially with the B-stage encore being a bit slow. It might just have been me, but the crowd was a bit muted as well.

On the plus side, Sunburn and Dead Star. PiB was especially good, more so than usual.

I picture Dee in the middle of a mosh pit during TiRO or Knights with everyone around him going mental just standing there, completely still, arms folded, giving a look of death to anyone around him who dares have fun.

I picture Dee in the middle of a mosh pit during TiRO or Knights with everyone around him going mental just standing there, completely still, arms folded, giving a look of death to anyone around him who dares have fun.

This.

i like your attitude Dee you seem like a sound guy to natter a few pints over but i can't help feeling you do need to lighten up a touch. you won't listen to me though so at the end of the day try and enjoy yourself as much as you can at the weekend. let us know how it goes!

But most of the gigs hit the darkness for half of the set. Madness and Follow Me need lasers.

True...

I swear I read somewhere when people were complaining about this in 2010 that they couldn't use lasers because of them maybe hitting aircrafts.

Maybe it's this.

Anyway it looks amazing and for half the show it looks awesome. But the encores seem all fucked up and I get the feeling this isn't going to top Shepherd's Bush or Wembley 2010. Not least given I'm going to get New Born again.

But who knows. Maybe I'll be proved wrong.

Shows what little you know.

This.

i like your attitude Dee you seem like a sound guy to natter a few pints over but i can't help feeling you do need to lighten up a touch. you won't listen to me though so at the end of the day try and enjoy yourself as much as you can at the weekend. let us know how it goes!

I'll be fine.

From the looks of videos from this show, I'm no longer convinced UK crowds>US crowds because this crowd looks fucking awful.

Coventry though. And as someone else mentioned before the gig, it seemed like a lot of people were going just for the sake of it. Stuff never happens in Coventry otherwise, apparently.

Archived