Playing Unsustainable

arj225

Do you want the current one or the finished one? Still got a few things I wanna tweak a little, like the nut strike bit. Made a PDF of the tab which is accurate as far as I can tell, will probably make a big post with that and the MIDI files for 4 and 5 at some point

eh the current one will do for now but I'll def be looking out for that post when its all done. Thanks

You're too late :O Bucket already tried it. Although since I've sent it to him I've already tweaked it again. Reckon I've definitely got it 100% now except I can't strike behind the nut :(

Ahh dammit, if you still need a whammy 4 tester with cubase... Im here to help :awesome:

James, if you use mine when you strike above the nut does it sound like an 8bit computer game?

not really, though mine does sound a bit different. are you still using the -2 octave for that? sounds a bit better with -1 octave i think

not really, though mine does sound a bit different. are you still using the -2 octave for that? sounds a bit better with -1 octave i think

I'm using +2 oct and bypass cos I'm not even striking above the nut so need to get it to that pitch in the first place! I'll probably try sort that out sometime... On buckets it sounded like it was from Mario Kart or something :LOL:

Ahh dammit, if you still need a whammy 4 tester with cubase... Im here to help :awesome:

would you mind if i ask for a version on that?

james has helped me a lot and sent me various ones and they dont seem to work with cubase and the whammy 4. not sure whats going on because the programming looks like hes done a top job. but my whammy doesnt seem to take cc11/ expression controls properly.

would you mind if i ask for a version on that?

james has helped me a lot and sent me various ones and they dont seem to work with cubase and the whammy 4. not sure whats going on because the programming looks like hes done a top job. but my whammy doesnt seem to take cc11/ expression controls properly.

You're going onto Channel 11 on the whammy and on the midi track in cubase yeah? And making sure the output is to the whammy obvs

You're going onto Channel 11 on the whammy and on the midi track in cubase yeah? And making sure the output is to the whammy obvs

You should take a screenshot of where to change the midi track channel. Because the channel button I found on the left is only for left and right audio channel, Which means its not doing anything by putting it on 11.

I should really know more about MIDI and channels and all but I literally have no idea about it. Luckily the MIDI on the Whammy 5 is simpler I think. Either way Bucket got the one I sent him working (once he actually plugged the correct lead into the whammy cough cough :LOL:)

AFAIK I have two things to sort out then should have a bang on live version of it

I should really know more about MIDI and channels and all but I literally have no idea about it. Luckily the MIDI on the Whammy 5 is simpler I think. Either way Bucket got the one I sent him working (once he actually plugged the correct lead into the whammy cough cough :LOL:)

AFAIK I have two things to sort out then should have a bang on live version of it

Well I've heard that default midi track from cubase is 1 so once I get my midi/usb cable I'm gonna set my whammy to 1 and try that. I also noticed theres a send button for each midi track that I might have to have highlighted.

yep ive run everything in channel 11 and 1. the cc11 expression controls are wrote under channel 1 though not sure if that means anything. whcih version you using? im currently using a draft of james's

I finally just figured getting the output going. But jw if you noticed this Dom but there should be one last program change after the verse that puts the whammy back into -1 octave mode toe down so you can play the A string riff without the whammy stuff (during the vocal bit). I'm gonna try to figure it out myself though lol. But basically the whammy is left in the setting it is in at the last whammy bit.

it is like that isn't it? On the cover I posted I don't touch the whammy once and goes to the right pitch and all I think

Yeah must be something weird with the whammy conversion. Some times it does it sometimes it doesnt. Also sometimes the whammy turns off at the first 12 - 13 part and doesn't start changing programs til the next one a couple seconds later. But sometimes it starts off perfectly fine.

What position is your whammy in when you click play? Like what setting and toe up toe down? is it turned off?