Playing Unsustainable

arj225

I got a full cover as well coming but I'm gonna let you do yours first since you laid all the groundwork. Me and my bro did a dual complete cover of the song where he recorded all the orchestral stuff with a synth and I did the guitar stuff.

I did change your pitch pattern around a bit in the verse though so its not identical and did a few other things to the midi data to fix a problem where I was having little split second gaps in between program changes. Do you get that with a whammy 5? cuz your recordings I dont hear it at all. maybe the 5 has a faster computer in it.

Haha that sounds awesome!

Ok I cannot work out why it's doing this bit on the 5th fret part of the verse, it like bypasses the commands and plays at normal pitch. I've looked through every other midi cc available on my DAW to see if I accidentally inputted something////nothing.

Ok I cannot work out why it's doing this bit on the 5th fret part of the verse, it like bypasses the commands and plays at normal pitch. I've looked through every other midi cc available on my DAW to see if I accidentally inputted something////nothing.

Mine does that every now and then and the only time I notice it is when I hold the 12 fret for too long (from the high whammy part) and then when I go back to play 5 on the A string it does it. But for me it only happens like 1/50 times playing. Like I've had it do it two maybe three times. .

Do you have any insight on why I'd have mili second gaps in my audio with a whammy 4? I tried making program changes literally exactly after the last note preceeding it by changing the time stamp on them to be earlier but it doesn't do anything.

Mine does that every now and then and the only time I notice it is when I hold the 12 fret for too long (from the high whammy part) and then when I go back to play 5 on the A string it does it. But for me it only happens like 1/50 times playing. Like I've had it do it two maybe three times. .

Do you have any insight on why I'd have mili second gaps in my audio with a whammy 4? I tried making program changes literally exactly after the last note preceeding it by changing the time stamp on them to be earlier but it doesn't do anything.

No idea why! I'm not even that great with MIDI!

Could I send someone my file so that they can try sort it out? Obviously it's not quite finished as it's fucking up but I am just clueless as to what to do now

On the one you converted for whammy 4 (what I use) I noticed a ton of not only cc0 and cc32's thrown in there that I deleted (as they were turning the pedal on and off in a split second making the gaps worse and sometimes making the pedal ignore other program changes) as well as a couple CC11-127 just slightly out of place time stamp wise so I moved them either before or after certain other CC11's around their appropriate program changes.

So check to make sure you're toe down commands (127) are all where they're supposed to be time frame wise in relation to their respective program changes. Like it'll need to be "program change -1oct (whatever number it is for whammy5) and then immediately after it CC11(127). A few of them didn't have that in the right spot it'd be nearer the change to +1oct change for the pitch shift parts right. Idk if Im explaining this very clearly but I'm doing my best.

Edited by Citizen_Eraser

Got it working, just recorded a cover. Tempted to overdub it with more takes to give a beefier sound like with that assignment I posted but meh, depends how lazy I am today

Yeah I did that with my cover but it didn't sound quite right. So I'm just going to re-record with a thicker tone. Right now my guitar track was just done with a real thin overdrive. Btw what in the hell did you use to get that amazing tone on the one you did for your uni assignment. The skrillexy one?? The low -2octave part sounds amazing.

IIRC, the assignment one had 3 different tracks

Guitar into whammy into UO (it's the UO that really gives the fat sounds)

guitar into whammy into distorted amp channel

and same as above but different mic position

for the cover I'm about to upload just used the UO, no multitracking shiz

I'm getting this now. What was the fix?

Anyone can help me on skype, to reach unsustainable sound ? I have a whammy and midi cable.

I don't have knowledge in midi etc...

I can pay 5 euros on paypal :)

There is no need to pay anyone on here, we are all willing to help. First you need to get yourself a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation), I'd recommend Reaper as it's free but there are many more out there (Cubase, Logic, Nuendo, etc). Once you've done that you need to load the midi file into it and set the output of that track to the midi interface. That should just about be it. There will be plenty of tutorials available for your chosen DAW regarding midi so make sure to skim read a few to familiarise yourself.

Haha yeah I've had a few people offering to pay me in return for help with all this whammy kerfuffle :LOL: I post anything I do up here anyway, seems a bit cheeky to make money out of someone elses song :LOL:

I'll reply in a bit, just got back from gig and am nursing a swollen hand after Stockholm Syndrome so typing with one finger like an idiot