Playing Unsustainable

arj225

so wait, I kinda get the idea, but what exactly do you mean by say...7up on the d string then 9 up on the g string. What exactly do the numbers represent and are you just playing the open D and G strings?

EDIT: or do the numbers represent the fret? It's the way it's in brackets that confuses me I guess. I don't know if it's like 9 steps up or some weird shit like that

yes its the fret you play. The brackets are for the whammy movements idk why i included the fret in the bracket.

Also forgot to mention on the whammy set after the 3rd fret A string you need to bend the 9 on the G string as you ride up with the whammy so it raises even higher than a fully up toe.

The up and down is just whether you move the toe up or down. It starts out always in the down position because you have to have it -1 octave to play the riff correctly on the A string. From that point its just a matter of learning how gradual to time the movements of the treadle. If you watch the live video at saitama you'll hear the pattern of some of them being pitch up and some being pitch down.

Edited by Citizen_Eraser

Looking through various youtube videos and seeing people comment oh so wisely how matt isn't playing guitar cos he's not by the whammy. Does my head in

Did people have this sort of reaction when MOTP was first played?

Yeah I know. I was always skeptical just based on how hes not facing the crowd and it just kinda seemed like he exaggerated his movements but then I saw them from the barrier when they came St. Louis and it was definitely live. You could just tell.

what i did when i got the midi file in cubase was set the channel and the midi cc's for the treadle to 11(expression) and re wrote the program changes to suit the whammy 4 from 5.

it does do certain things to the whammy like changing programs and treadle control

just not what its saying in cubase (midi list editor) as i say, all cc's expression and program

changes are set to what you have on the whammy 5.

ill look into it further, for all i know it could be a latency problem or god just hating me XD

ill send the cubase file to anyone using cubase(with doms permission) to see if it works

with them..

what i did when i got the midi file in cubase was set the channel and the midi cc's for the treadle to 11(expression) and re wrote the program changes to suit the whammy 4 from 5.

it does do certain things to the whammy like changing programs and treadle control

just not what its saying in cubase (midi list editor) as i say, all cc's expression and program

changes are set to what you have on the whammy 5.

ill look into it further, for all i know it could be a latency problem or god just hating me XD

ill send the cubase file to anyone using cubase(with doms permission) to see if it works

with them..

Ah right. I wonder if the manuals for the 4 and 5 would be any help, they have all the MIDI info you need on both models in them

and feel free to share it, I don't mind anyone using it, it's not like it's even for my own song or anything

Ah right. I wonder if the manuals for the 4 and 5 would be any help, they have all the MIDI info you need on both models in them

and feel free to share it, I don't mind anyone using it, it's not like it's even for my own song or anything

ive used the manuals :( and you have put your own time into this id feel rude sharing it without asking :) going have another crack at it see if i can get a result. there seems to be a lot of

layers to this can they all be merged into one or is each new channel a different set off commands?

Is someone interested in doing an autowhammy file for me for the live version of my manual whammy cover? Like I don't know how to use any of those programs to create it but considering that manually with the whammy I found out the notes and the pattern of pitch shifting I could give someone the info and them use it to create a file?

I know theres a bunch floating around already in this thread but they're for the album version with 3 notes after each bit of the riff vs 2 he does live with no behind the nut scrapes.

Has anyone done the middle part of the song yet? I had a go at it a while back, but really had no idea what to do.

I think I've got the main parts of my track fairly accurate.... though it needs a bit of cleaning up

Just curious about this - not bothered trying to play it yet as I can't be bothered MIDI programming my Whammy or whatever. Interested about whether it could be done manually with my custom seeing as that will have a low A on it already - don't know how low the song goes - although Whammy DT obviously has DT side that could go lower, and treadle set for higher or something? Haven't even looked at the song to date really, just thought it might be worth a shot.

Has anyone done the middle part of the song yet? I had a go at it a while back, but really had no idea what to do.

I think I've got the main parts of my track fairly accurate.... though it needs a bit of cleaning up

Now that citizen eraser worked out the actual notes and all and I have an amp again I'll have another go today, reckon I should be able to get it pretty spot on to the live version

That's one thing I'm stuck on, cannot do nut strikes on Reject or the new one :(

what were you doing for that part? i tried a few different things, but it sounds best switching between -2 octaves and bypass

Play louder and get a moar fuzzy toan James

it was 6 in the morning :(

was only using amp distortion for that - it sounded worse with my fuzz probe :\ it just sounded really clean/muffled on the low notes.

what were you doing for that part? i tried a few different things, but it sounds best switching between -2 octaves and bypass

Are you using my file? I think I had the 2 oct and bypass thing for that. And I'm just doing the open top 3 strings. Not best. Might try top 3 strings fretted at 12th fret

There's also another bit where I think he strikes behind the nut where I do a harmonic on the A string around 10th fret which works

Decided to make a quick recording of the 'drop' as I still haven't got the verse right, this time recorded with an actual mic instead of an iPhone

I wanted to do the big yellow text but am using quick reply :( Jaems use your mod skills to help me

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/dickmovedom/output-1-2[/soundcloud]

the nut strike bit doesn't sound great on mine...

blackstaghghg?

Sounds great either way - the timing of the effects (or whatever you want to call it) is much more accurate than mine. i think i've got the overall patterns and switching correct for the most part, just need to clean it up

and were you doing -2 octaves or +2 octaves for the nut strike part? switching -2 octaves on and off is the closest I've got.