matthijs

I just ordered an MBC-1. Having no experience with these shape guitars what kind of cases can I get that will fit it?

The body is essentially a trimmed down tele body. Hiscox cases are the ones that Manson stock for the MA/MB series and having one myself I can vouch for the fact that they are probably the best option around. https://www.mansons.co.uk/product/hiscox-manson-std-eg-electric-guitar-hardcase-4170

I agree with Macaroon, Hiscox cases are really nice. One small caveat though, the handle is made of plastic and it hurts as fuck carrying an 8lbs guitar around with that. (mind you, I'm about 98 lbs and short and i take public transit :()

Don't get the cases shaped for tele/strat. I got one and had to return it

I agree with Macaroon, Hiscox cases are really nice. One small caveat though, the handle is made of plastic and it hurts as fuck carrying an 8lbs guitar around with that. (mind you, I'm about 98 lbs and short and i take public transit :()

Don't get the cases shaped for tele/strat. I got one and had to return it

Yeah, I think just as a general rule it's a bitch to carry round an 8lbs guitar regardless :LOL:

Maybe that tele comment was a bit misleading. Don't get a tele case!

I use the generic Strat/Tele cases from the American standard line for my MA-2, seems to be perfect.

Sort of wish the MA's came with a hard case included, considering the price.

Yeah for MA shape a tele case should be fine. But for the trimmed down cort body it would be a little loose I'd imagine.

You'd expect they would eh? Most Gibson/Fenders around that price come with a hard case from what I've seen.

Is there any sort of leather wrap for the case handle i can buy? I don't really want to go out with the Cort in a gig bag, but i can't get a good grip with the case :/

Could always fashion one from a Manson leather strap for extra #fanboi? I do know what you mean about the handle though.

Is there any sort of leather wrap for the case handle i can buy? I don't really want to go out with the Cort in a gig bag, but i can't get a good grip with the case :/

Dunno about any leather ones, but wrapping a bit of foam (or even bubble wrap?) round the handle might work. The Manson gig bags are surprisingly well padded if you end up needing to buy one.

Dunno about any leather ones, but wrapping a bit of foam (or even bubble wrap?) round the handle might work. The Manson gig bags are surprisingly well padded if you end up needing to buy one.

Oh? I should. Imperial Vintage has them for 150 plus 70 shipping

Ha

Ha

Ha

:facemelt:

Yeah for MA shape a tele case should be fine. But for the trimmed down cort body it would be a little loose I'd imagine.

You'd expect they would eh? Most Gibson/Fenders around that price come with a hard case from what I've seen.

I'll have to try some different options before I try Hiscox because shipping prices from Mansons to Australia scares me a bit :LOL:

I have a couple of cases at home I can try fitting it in otherwise I'll look into those ones a little harder.

Numbers edition DR-1's are still available. I emailed Adrian asking about it and he confirmed there are still numbers available for the second shipment due later this year. So I've decided to get one. Still not a huge fan of the green, but I don't want a Cort MBC-1 either.

In case anyone was curious of the comparison between an MB-1 and the DR-1 I spoke (via email) with Danny Gomez, who has been playing both the MB-1 (without the screen) as well as the DR-1 at various gigs/guitar shows. He pretty much gave a confirmation of our initial guesses. The DR-1 is exactly what Manson is shooting for in that it's an in between guitar of the MBC-1 and the signature MB models. High quality, basic and direct while still being a versatile guitar.

EDIT: for those of you who have put deposits down, what numbers and features have you chosen?

for those of you who have put deposits down, what numbers and features have you chosen?

I didn't specify a number, but the features I'll choose (last time I discussed it they said they didn't need anything confirmed yet) will be the uncovered MBK-2 and sustainiac combination. I doubt I'll get a hardware upgrade (except for strap locks I guess) or anything like that.

Numbers edition DR-1's are still available. I emailed Adrian asking about it and he confirmed there are still numbers available for the second shipment due later this year. So I've decided to get one. Still not a huge fan of the green, but I don't want a Cort MBC-1 either.

In case anyone was curious of the comparison between an MB-1 and the DR-1 I spoke (via email) with Danny Gomez, who has been playing both the MB-1 (without the screen) as well as the DR-1 at various gigs/guitar shows. He pretty much gave a confirmation of our initial guesses. The DR-1 is exactly what Manson is shooting for in that it's an in between guitar of the MBC-1 and the signature MB models. High quality, basic and direct while still being a versatile guitar.

EDIT: for those of you who have put deposits down, what numbers and features have you chosen?

Shit. SHIT. I want a numbers one.

Thanks jbias!!

Really useful info. I can't afford crap now but maybe in the future for the non numbered edition, then.:D

I doubt I'll get a hardware upgrade (except for strap locks I guess) or anything like that.

I think the black alu volume & tone knobs would look super cool. Maybe 510 bridge as well. Not the tuners though.

How much does Manson charge to upgrade the bridge?

How much does Manson charge to upgrade the bridge?

Can't remember. Haven't had one of those installed recently.

Thinking of buying number 3 :ninja:

Got to start thinking up specs though..

Because Marx B has 1 and 2?

And specs aren't that difficult to choose on this one surely? Just get what I'm getting.

I'm going to ask if you can actually choose the number... I thought they were randomly chosen, or chosen in order of sale, but might as well find out.

Because Marx B has 1 and 2?

And specs aren't that difficult to choose on this one surely? Just get what I'm getting.

I'm going to ask if you can actually choose the number... I thought they were randomly chosen, or chosen in order of sale, but might as well find out.

Should've specified. Third Manson for the collection rather than #3 of the ManDrones!

Should've specified. Third Manson for the collection rather than #3 of the ManDrones!

I fear that #3 might be taken for the reason I said.

Whether or not it actually is, I have no idea.

He said he'll do it after breakfast. :erm:

This no ordinary breakfast...

c7VpEuJ.jpg

Soon...

Archived