matthijs

Is he finally using one of the drones guitars?

edit: yes he is

YES

Picture the scene

An early summers eve in Exeter, a guitar shop is shutting for the day, a member of staff sticks his head into the small office and asks Adrian if he's leaving. Adrian is sat at his desk, tapping on the table, adamantly, NO DEFIANTLY, waiting for an order from a James in New York.

And he will sit there until it comes through, he will not leave until it comes through. It's driven him mad and he weeps into the night.

James buy a pretty guitar so we can ogle it on instagram, cheers :D

Haha!

I was THIS CLOSE... but it didn't work out, and it was past 5:30 when I would be able to contact them about payment anyway

Best that I wait until I actually visit I guess.

What's the number on that green one?

James, you should ask them to make another stealthy doublecut. I think it's my favorite of your guitars.

What's the scale? And is the neck bolt on?

Can't tell, but it doesn't look like 01 (the relic finish one)

And not yet. It's set neck 24.75" scale

Can't tell, but it doesn't look like 01 (the relic finish one)

And not yet. It's set neck 24.75" scale

"not yet" means "will soon" right :rolleyes:

Do they always have one-off guitars just lying around? What'd you buy the last 2 times?

The green guitar looks really thin in that video for some reasons. I like it a lot.

It has a rosewood fingerboard too?

What one?

I think the relic one (01) has ebony, the normal finish one has rosewood, and the one he used yesterday (looks like drone 00?) is ebony.

"not yet" means "will soon" right :rolleyes:

Do they always have one-off guitars just lying around? What'd you buy the last 2 times?

The green guitar looks really thin in that video for some reasons. I like it a lot.

Not really. I think I was just lucky/cursed. Last time was an old Kestrel and a black 7 string E shape.

Looks green to me as well. The fingerboard looks a bit bright to be ebony, so perhaps it's the same one on Manson website?

I take solace in the fact that it doesn't seem that limited yet and they'll do a continuous run of it. Means I can start saving now.

This over a holoflake MA, yesh? I kinda hope Works Wednesday is a monthly thing now - i enjoy being able drool over pretty guitars

Do you get charged customs or given a hard time when flying back with a guitar. James?

They said once every two years

And not sure, I've never done it. Always had them sent over, as they're insured and less likely to be stolen.

I might have to make an exception this time, as I have my eye on something in one of the London shops that doesn't ship, but we'll see what happens. Might just be able to take it apart and keep it in my suitcase, but I doubt there will be enough room :facepalm:

Anyone else thinking that MGW asked Matt to use the DR-1 live to push through a few sales?

It's definitely reignited my GAS for one.

It was the second thing I thought, yes.

The first thing was, 'I want one' :facepalm:

Wait

You mean the one I put the X-Y pad in?

Yeah, but I haven't seen a picture of it with the pad though :ninja: it can't be that bad right :ninja:

Looks like guitar was 00

So much for just 01 and 02 being reserved for him lol. Watch him smash them and needing to go into the negatives as well :ninja:

Yeah, but I haven't seen a picture of it with the pad though :ninja: it can't be that bad right :ninja:

Looks like guitar was 00

So much for just 01 and 02 being reserved for him lol. Watch him smash them and needing to go into the negatives as well :ninja:

They had another 00 at the shows, wonder it's the same guitar?

01 is the relic one, clearly not a production peice.

12068413_1204799012869443_7405307259338872584_o.thumb.jpg.d1275978b10bf7a2e865426be40e462e.jpg

Looks like guitar was 00

That depends. It's definitely more versatile now (it's also my only guitar that has the toggle to switch between patches on whatever it's connected to), but most people prefer the original setup. I'm on the fence really.

I guess I could PM you a picture, but the last time I posted one publicly... well, Dom (and possibly Jaicen) only has so many testicles that can explode from rage.

That guitar has had a bit of a hard life so far, but it's still really nice. Very different from the other dual P90 guitars I have, since it's the standard BKP P90 set, rather than the Mansons set which is designed specifically for the sustainer.

I don't think he'll break that particular guitar, but once the continuous run is being made, then I guess it's a bit more likely. :stunned:

Archived