I'm ok with OTT :phu: Survival is fantastic. But yes, no Queen/U2 anymore.

Nothing, wrong with Supremacy and Survival. Heavy/beefy and OTT work nicely for Muse.

It's problematic in songs like Explorers, Follow Me and Big Freeze. I think Less drama would have been better.

Nothing, wrong with Supremacy and Survival. Heavy/beefy and OTT work nicely for Muse.

It's problematic in songs like Explorers, Follow Me and Big Freeze. I think Less drama would have been better.

I don't consider those three tracks as OTT, at all :erm: they just have big choruses (Follow Me and Big Freeze especially).

An acoustic song and a more simple three-piece song would both work as possibilities. But I like the idea too of a completely full on electronic-rock song, sort of like taking Follow Me and making it heavier.

There are so many different directions Muse can go with their sound and almost certainly there'll be something new we don't see coming. It's really heads or tails with what we get tbh.

I don't consider those three tracks as OTT, at all :erm: they just have big choruses (Follow Me and Big Freeze especially).

1. Muse is OTT in general compared to other bands. You just don't notice it anymore.

2. And I said there is a bit too much drama going on in these tracks even for Muse standard. (Maybe I change my mind some day.)

1. Muse is OTT in general compared to other bands. You just don't notice it anymore.

2. And I said there is a bit too much drama going on in these tracks even for Muse standard. (Maybe I change my mind some day.)

1. "compared to other bands" why do you compare to other bands? We're just talking about Muse. Still, those three tracks aren't OTT at all. I can understand why you think BF is, but not the other two. In Follow Me maybe just the Bono ending, but apart from that...

2. Again, not more than usual for Muse.

1. "compared to other bands" why do you compare to other bands? We're just talking about Muse. Still, those three tracks aren't OTT at all. I can understand why you think BF is, but not the other two. In Follow Me maybe just the Bono ending, but apart from that...

Follow Me's fuckin intro... come on do you really want Matt to sing such an intro? I don't want to.

Explorers borders on too much drama I guess. It depends on my mood.

It's ok if you don't like it, but how is it OTT? :LOL:

It's just Matt who tries a bit too hard. Let me alone. :'(

I want Muse to make more tracks like TaB, MotP, Assassin, CoD, if I can't have Abso and OoS. :supersad:

Explorers, Big Freeze and Follow Me felt more like TR. :indiff:

I want Muse to make more tracks like TaB, MotP, Assassin, CoD, if I can't have Abso and OoS. :supersad:

Explorers, Big Freeze and Follow Me felt more like TR. :indiff:

Muse don't have to write stuff like OoS and Abso again, to write good stuff.

Follow Me didn't feel like TR at all :mad:

Muse don't have to write stuff like OoS and Abso again, to write good stuff.

Follow Me didn't feel like TR at all :mad:

That's what I wrote. :rolleyes:

And how it sound like TR. It's like they glued UD, Guiding Light and IBTY together and created Frankenstein's monster.

That's what I wrote. :rolleyes:

And how it sound like TR. It's like they glued UD, Guiding Light and IBTY together and created Frankenstein's monster.

"if I can't have Abso and OoS. :supersad:" which means you want them to write stuff like that again, you just know they won't :phu:

Oh I understand now. You have had a fake version of Follow Me since it's been out.

wat

Come at me bro.

"if I can't have Abso and OoS. :supersad:" which means you want them to write stuff like that again, you just know they won't :phu:

Oh I understand now. You have had a fake version of Follow Me since it's been out.

You don't even know how to quote. Noob.

I don't want them to make Abso 2.0 or OoS 2.0. I just said I'd enjoy songs in similar vein.

Muse had such songs on T2L. E.g. Animals and Supremacy.

I read that about Animals all the time... but if that's the case, I can't say I really want them to go back to their old sound.

I liked Animals alright, but it didn't age well for me. I skip it more and more, and feel like it probably had less feeling put into it, at times.

I would just prefer they keep making music they like, so they keep wanting to do it... I mean, after six albums, it feels like it could end at any time. :(

If that means drama, so be it.

(I think I not so secretly enjoy the drama, for some reason I can't figure out...)

wat

The song feels bland the more I listen to it. Honestly, that was my first impression. It's pretty, but it doesn't GO anywhere.

I feel like I was really into it for a while after that, but now I find myself skipping it on album again.

Maybe the "drama" is what makes the other songs more enjoyable and feel more personal to me. Who really knows?

The same way I really do like Uprising, but it doesn't feel the same as, say, Madness. Even though I like the former better, technically.

Almost all of TR felt that way to me, actually. Just not as heartfelt. More about social issues than personal ones, lyrically and musically.

Animals was great live, and it also just doesn't feel like that on the album, to me.

Also, on a separate note, I would much much rather have a classical influence for the orchestral elements like they used to than a film score influence.

Excellent point, I strongly agree. I love IS, but you definitely get more the film score vibe ("classical inlfluence lite") rather than even contemporary classical influence. I'd rather have the influences a few hundred years dated than one decade. Stylistically, IS is actually quite close to "The International" soundtrack cut Matt (co?)-composed.

I read that about Animals all the time... but if that's the case, I can't say I really want them to go back to their old sound.

I liked Animals alright, but it didn't age well for me. I skip it more and more, and feel like it probably had less feeling put into it, at times.

(I think I not so secretly enjoy the drama, for some reason I can't figure out...)

The song feels bland the more I listen to it.

Maybe the "drama" is what makes the other songs more enjoyable and feel more personal to me. Who really knows?

I love Animals, and I love high drama. I don't think emotional/dramatic has to mean "setting turned up to 11, all the time". I think songs like Endlessly and Ruled by Secrecy are highly dramatic, all the while being not-OTT and overbearing. Animals is obviously even more toned down compared to those song, but I don't personally think it lacks emotionally-evoking flare. It's actually one of the few songs on T2L that does cause a reaction in me.

What elicits a reaction in everyone is going to be completely different. I'm sure there's even a long winded scientific explaination for it. :LOL:

I just, personally, get absolutely nothing from Animals a lot of times. Whereas the overdramatic and OTT stuff gets me almost every time.

I'm sure there's also some psychological reasoning for that, like maybe I'm just such an emotionally repressed person outwardly that I express it vicariously through OTT Muse songs. :chuckle:

For me, I still really don't give a shit what new Muse sounds like, as long as it resonates with them. I guess.

Hell, I was really, REALLY against the electronic music, and ended up loving Follow Me.

No U2, No Queen mannerisms.

I think they found a great sound in tracks such as The Small Print, Dead Star, Animals, Supermassive - the ones where the 3 piece sound is really at it's core.

Something that is stripped to the 3 sounds;

Matt either using Guitar, Piano (Classical not film-score) or Keyboards.

Chris and Dom being more of the ruthless sounding rhythm section they were too, a bit more beef.

Archived