T

No U2, No Queen mannerisms.

I think they found a great sound in tracks such as The Small Print, Dead Star, Animals, Supermassive - the ones where the 3 piece sound is really at it's core.

Something that is stripped to the 3 sounds;

Matt either using Guitar, Piano (Classical not film-score) or Keyboards.

Chris and Dom being more of the ruthless sounding rhythm section they were too, a bit more beef.

They are rather boring as guitar/bass/drums only. Especially when compared to what they are capable of doing with electronics

Please not folk. Not evolved bluegrass either. Can't wait until that fad dies.

Folk is cool. Bluegrass is totally different.

No U2, No Queen mannerisms.

I think they found a great sound in tracks such as The Small Print, Dead Star, Animals, Supermassive - the ones where the 3 piece sound is really at it's core.

Something that is stripped to the 3 sounds;

Matt either using Guitar, Piano (Classical not film-score) or Keyboards.

Chris and Dom being more of the ruthless sounding rhythm section they were too, a bit more beef.

Dead Star and supermassive aren't really 3-piece tracks.

More polyrhythms too - Supremacy (3/4 vs 4/4 intro) and Animals (5/4 vs 4/4 section and the 5/4 with a 4/4 crash section) were bloody ace.

Supremacy is quite boring though.

They are rather boring as guitar/bass/drums only. Especially when compared to what they are capable of doing with electronics

This is not true, it depends

At least one heavy piano song. (Apocalypse Please, Space Dementia)

A stripped back song with only Guitar, Drums and Bass. Nothing else. (Hyper Music, Assassin)

Agreed. Space Dementia is on of my favourites. Also something like Hoodoo would be great.

I'd really like to see

*something resembling a Citizen Erased/Butterflies and Hurricanes lovechild. Heavy guitar, some symphonic elements, industrial sounding bass

*something resembling a mix of Panic Station and Supermassive Black Hole

*something resembling a mix Take a Bow and Map of the Problematique, something electronic yet vaguely human sounding

*more songs where Matt and Chris play off of each other vocally (recent Dead Star/The Small Print/R&L Hyper Music)

*I really want a proper jam on the album. It's a crying fucking shame Montpelier Jam wasn't on the album because I think that's what it's missing.

*More controversial stuff like conspiracies/aliens/religion, it's not popular with the kids and it's not going to top The Resistance commercially if they do that but if they're making music they like and they're going to downscale back to the theater venues, who cares? They'll still be able to do the stadium stuff like they always do in Europe.

If they are really serious about going back to the theaters and the clubs, they should focus on BLOWING PEOPLE AWAY by the fact that "hey, it's four guys on a stage and a couple of crew guys standing off to the side. When Muse plays the larger venues, things like Butterflies and Hurricanes and Knights of Cydonia and Supremacy lose their impact. I mean that kind of sound is expected for a band that is standing in an arena/stadium with 15,000-80,000 people watching and a band that has a pyramid screen thing dangling above their heads.

For anyone that didn't see them in a smaller setting, imagine seeing those same songs in some "hole in the wall" type club or even just a 2,000 maximum capacity theater.

He knows that fact.

He just wants more of what they do live on the actual album.

It sounds better when Matt does it and I'm one of these people who don't like when Chris' singing. He's decent for the live harmonizing but he sounds weak on Dead Star and TSP.

I'd like to see Brian Eno producing LP7 . It can be masterpiece of Muse such as U2's Achtung Baby,which is also seventh LP of U2, or The Joshua Tree.

Actually, I'd be OK with this. As long as:

Also,they should make songs in their own sound ,not the songs influenced by other bands such as Queen,U2 etc.

He does. But yeah, that's a one-off.

Yeah. Planning on including that in my next live range video though, still a pretty decent note. Matt was really excited about his "new" voice at the start of the tour. I actually called the falsetto F5 in Uprising at Radio 1 at the start of the song, just because he felt so confident.

Archived