I predict this will be seven times as shite as The #2nd Law. Matt's run out of ideas, you heard it here first, Muse are DONE...stick a fork in'em!!!

RIP Muse 1994-2009

People have been saying this for years. Just as they've been saying it about NIN, Mastodon, Deftones and pretty much any big band for years.

People say that about Deftones? :stunned: They've been getting better with each album imho.

My point is, no matter the quality of a band's output, someone will be saying somewhere that they've run out of ideas. I just got annoyed by the "you heard it here first" remark when I've been hearing it about every band under the sun, for as long as I've been paying attention.

Every single time a band puts out a new album, it's either "this is too different, and they have sold out/run out of ideas" or "this is exactly the same and the band is lazy/out of ideas."

No one will ever be happy.

So no albums (except debuts) are ever considered good?

I wouldn't say not considered good, but somewhere, every time, there is a vocal group of "hardcore" fans bitching about it. :LOL:

And you know why? Because people have different opinions. There will always be someone who disagrees with something.

It doesn't mean that no one is ever happy, it means that everyone isn't always happy, which is quite different.

And you know why? Because people have different opinions. There will always be someone who disagrees with something.

It doesn't mean that no one is ever happy, it means that everyone isn't always happy, which is quite different.

I respectfully postulate, though, that the amount of people who listen to an album who KNOW of the band (and more that liked the first album) and dislike the new album (at least to the extent of the complaints in my first post) would be higher than people who weren't familiar with the band/previous album.

I've fallen prey to this myself, a few times. I loathed Madness before I even got all the way through it. (Survival doesn't count... I still dislike it strongly.)

I respectfully postulate, though, that the amount of people who listen to an album who KNOW of the band (and more that liked the first album) and dislike the new album (at least to the extent of the complaints in my first post) would be higher than people who weren't familiar with the band/previous album.
So?

I don't see what point you're trying to make. Just because a group of people liked one album, that doesn't mean that the same group will like the next one. Especially not with a band like Muse.

I want:

- More heavy piano.

- More heavy guitar (Survival/Supremacy).

- More bass riffage.

- More badassness.

- Less wanky-dee, wanky-doo.

- Less clouds of gas.

- Less two part, pretentious, wanky bullshit nonsense.

- A healthy dollop of Dead Star.

- Debase (just record it properly and whack it on there).

- All shade, no light (especially of the guiding variety).

- Morgan to write and record everything.

I want:

- More heavy piano.

- More heavy guitar (Survival/Supremacy).

- More bass riffage.

- More badassness.

- Less wanky-dee, wanky-doo.

- Less clouds of gas.

- Less two part, pretentious, wanky bullshit nonsense.

- A healthy dollop of Dead Star.

- Debase (just record it properly and whack it on there).

- All shade, no light (especially of the guiding variety).

- Morgan to write and record everything.

Basically, this.

Archived