also, the word "faggot" isn't always used in its homophobic sense, it's often just a general insult.

Yeah I had to come back to defend myself on this. I guess its a culture thing, it seems to offend people still in 2014 when 99% of the time its use has nothing to do with sexual preference. Theres a South Park episode based around this point and other words that the definition has been changed over time. Not used in every country I understand though. Think its more of an American thing :$ sorry if I offended anyone. I'm probably as un-homophobic as you can get here lol.

Yeah I had to come back to defend myself on this. I guess its a culture thing, it seems to offend people still in 2014 when 99% of the time its use has nothing to do with sexual preference. Theres a South Park episode based around this point and other words that the definition has been changed over time. Not used in every country I understand though. Think its more of an American thing :$ sorry if I offended anyone. I'm probably as un-homophobic as you can get here lol.

Are you seriously using South Park to defend yourself? Just stay quiet before you get everyone fired up again.

Need to think very carefully about what I put now.

Erm, how about: Assuming Matt isn't joking, what are people's thoughts on the possible CE "sequel", good or bad? Obviously we haven't heard it yet and it might not even exist, but is it ever a good idea to re-visit a band's classic back-catalogue? Especially considering how different Origin-era Muse sounds to today.

Apologies if this has been discussed before, I'm sure it probably has.

Erm, how about: Assuming Matt isn't joking, what are people's thoughts on the possible CE "sequel", good or bad? Obviously we haven't heard it yet and it might not even exist, but is it ever a good idea to re-visit a band's classic back-catalogue? Especially considering how different Origin-era Muse sounds to today.

As a lyrical continuation I think it's fine. It would be a nice change of pace from all the "US AGAINST THEM" and "FUCK WALL STREET" bollocks that Matt likes to mix in with his cheesy love songs and loosely put-together science theories.

And hey, it's probably a reason for them to bring CE back as a staple again, so maybe people will shut the fuck up about it and stop requesting it in every vote/poll/whatever list the band won't care about.

The year of Star Wars 7 and also Muse Album 7.

Coincidence? I think not.

Hopefully one of the two isn't terrible.

On CE2; it definitely still could be bullshit, but despite Tom tweeting that pic of the 7 string (because I automatically think that means it's not true...) for some reason I still think it's true.

I mean, keep in mind he said it was a LYRICAL continuation. Not really revisiting too much, since the lyrics probably aren't any less relevant today than they were in 2001. Provided the descriptions Matt gave back then are remotely accurate.

I don't care if it's a sequel, I'll judge it as a standalone song. But if it does exist and, like Matt said, results in CE being played regularly on the next tour, then all the better.

a lyrical continuation I think it's fine. It would be a nice change of pace from all the "US AGAINST THEM" and "FUCK WALL STREET" bollocks that Matt likes to mix in with his cheesy love songs and loosely put-together science theories.

And hey, it's probably a reason for them to bring CE back as a staple again, so maybe people will shut the fuck up about it and stop requesting it in every vote/poll/whatever list the band won't care about.

A lyrical continuation is a good idea, despite the fact that most tracks on Origin are lyrically all over the place haha. But it would be refreshing to see them go back to using lyrics that sound good with the melody (a la New Born) yet they don't necessarily make sense.

I think if they try and do a straight up continuation and attempt to replicate that sound it could be a disaster, despite the fact Citizen remains one of my all-time favourite tracks. Seriously needs to be re-introduced to the live setlist as I have a sneaky Download visit planned next summer ;)

A lyrical continuation is a good idea, despite the fact that most tracks on Origin are lyrically all over the place haha. But it would be refreshing to see them go back to using lyrics that sound good with the melody (a la New Born) yet they don't necessarily make sense.

I think if they try and do a straight up continuation and attempt to replicate that sound it could be a disaster, despite the fact Citizen remains one of my all-time favourite tracks. Seriously needs to be re-introduced to the live setlist as I have a sneaky Download visit planned next summer ;)

He said it's a lyrical continuation.

The way people went on and on about CE (and still do) you'd think it would be some mindblowing experience live. It isn't. I understand the appeal if you've never seen it before, but the novelty wears off quickly. That said, it is good live. It's just that I can think of plenty of songs that were better live.

The way people went on and on about CE (and still do) you'd think it would be some mindblowing experience live. It isn't. I understand the appeal if you've never seen it before, but the novelty wears off quickly. That said, it is good live. It's just that I can think of plenty of songs that were better live.

I just think the track is mind-blowing anyway, and like most Muse tracks, is only amplified in a live setting. CE at Glasto '10 is a video I watched almost daily for about 3 months not so long ago.

But you are right of course, many other live tracks I would like to see make a return. The Small Print being chiefest among them. A new album of Small Print-esque heaviness would be more than OK with me.

I just think the track is mind-blowing anyway, and like most Muse tracks, is only amplified in a live setting. CE at Glasto '10 is a video I watched almost daily for about 3 months not so long ago.

There's a difference between watching a video and actually seeing it live though. The heavy parts and the chorus are good (obviously) but everything else, including the solo, just kinda drags on when you're actually stood there imo.

CE is right up there with Muse's very best live songs. I've never felt it drag.

i feel this, i've always wanted to actually get to experience it live personally as a result

side note speaking of 7 minute songs but i just realised how much Unnatural Selection drags on on the album, yet when I saw it live one T2L tour it was actually surprisingly really good

i feel this, i've always wanted to actually get to experience it live personally as a result

side note speaking of 7 minute songs but i just realised how much Unnatural Selection drags on on the album, yet when I saw it live one T2L tour it was actually surprisingly really good

Unnatural Selection was almost singlehandedly the reason why the TR tour felt so uninspired live. The song on record is probably the most boring (and recycled) thing they've done, even considering Big Freeze, which merely used the same delay. At least Big Freeze was a different song than MotP, US was trying very hard to be New Born with a CE-esque bridge and it didn't work at all. It was a genuine disappointment both on record and live.

Unnatural Selection was almost singlehandedly the reason why the TR tour felt so uninspired live. The song on record is probably the most boring (and recycled) thing they've done, even considering Big Freeze, which merely used the same delay. At least Big Freeze was a different song than MotP, US was trying very hard to be New Born with a CE-esque bridge and it didn't work at all. It was a genuine disappointment both on record and live.

was honestly quite good in Sydney, guitar sounded chunky, matt sounded good, bass was loud, bridge was a bit droney as always but it was generally quite fun, especially the ending riff and the freedom outro, i actually was happy to hear it having already heard new born live (which is a shadow of its former self live anyway) and stockholm live in 2010

He said it's a lyrical continuation.

I've never seen it live but know two people who have, one saw it at Glastonbury 2004 and the other at Wembley 2010 and both talk about it like it's some sort of national treasure but those two performances are probably the best two performances of it ever and both have the additional riff in the middle so maybe that helps a bit who knows though :LOL:

I'm so glad someone agrees w/ me on this. The Small Print is the bomb!

Couldn't agree more it needs to come back, maybe rotate it with hysteria as it kind of sucks now.

Archived