That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. You're opinions are stupid and that makes you stupid. You should feel really bad. Ugh so much facepalming right now. I've been a fan of the band for a lot longer than you and I know stupid when I see it.

Sorry, I am joking, was just channeling my inner Tjet/Fabri there for a second. Thank you for pointing out what seems to go over so many people's heads here.

It goes over so many people's heads because they either know to ignore it, or know that it's pointless to begin silly arguments, (like this one,) over nothing. I've said this before, but I think it's more to do with the way in which opinions are presented rather than the opinion itself.

Statements made matter-of-factly like "the rock version of Follow Me might have been better" are utterly asinine because they've been repeated again and again, and they're based on absolutely nothing. What if I say that I think track 7 of LP7 is the best thing that they've ever done. Does that promote any form of discussion? It doesn't because it's a fatuous assertion based on sod all.

That is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. You're opinions are stupid and that makes you stupid. You should feel really bad. Ugh so much facepalming right now. I've been a fan of the band for a lot longer than you and I know stupid when I see it.

Sorry, I am joking, was just channeling my inner Tjet/Fabri there for a second. Thank you for pointing out what seems to go over so many people's heads here.

Ah yes, grammar and spelling are definitely the things to go for when mocking the things I write. While you're at it, complain about how homophobic I am. Oh wait, that was Citizen_Eraser.

Now, the "it's just my opinion"-card is so pathetic. Allow me to explain. If someone says they adore Guiding Light, which I despise, is their favourite song, I have no problem with that. In fact I continuously argue with people who bash people for their taste in music alone. It's moronic.

Now, this does not include people who say "I adore Guiding Light because...", because that can often be debated. Believe it or not but reasoning can be debated. Yes it might be completely pointless, but then what else would be the point of this board?

Now, in your case it was simply that you stated an opinion which has been repeated on this board, without any basis whatsoever. I mean if you had actually heard the "original" song it would be a very fair statement. But basing it solely on the interview where Muse said there was an original "rock" version, which they considered boring, is quite silly. Thus, the reaction to your post has more to do with the fact that people have "praised" this version that they've never heard, over and over again while bashing Nero for how they "ruined" the song.

Oh and not to mention the interview where Muse said that the idea was to recreate a song played on "real" instruments on the computer, and making it sound as close to the original as possible. With that in mind, there really isn't much suggesting that the rock version is any better.

also, the word "faggot" isn't always used in its homophobic sense, it's often just a general insult.
And the reason for defending this is?

inb4 "I'm just saying".

If you don't think using faggot as an insult stems from homophobia I don't know what to tell you anyway.

inb4 "I'm just saying".

If you don't think using faggot as an insult stems from homophobia I don't know what to tell you anyway.

Couldn't agree more why anyone would defend that insult is beyond me!

inb4 "I'm just saying".

"i'm just saying" that someone doesn't immediately become homophobic by saying "faggot" out loud.

"fuck" stems from "sexual intercourse" yet we don't always use it in that meaning.

SO ALBUM SEVEEEEENNNN?

"i'm just saying" that someone doesn't immediately become homophobic by saying "faggot" out loud.

"fuck" stems from "sexual intercourse" yet we don't always use it in that meaning.

They're using homophobic slur, which they're well aware is homophobic slur.

The only reason someone who knows what it means would use it is either to be actively homophobic, or because they don't care. Neither of which deserves any defending whatsoever. Now kindly shut the fuck up.

(Not even gonna address the comparison with fuck, because jfc it's stupid. The other popular usage of the word fuck only exists as an intensifier because of its probable origin. The word was totally dependent on that meaning to actually work as it does today. Oh shit I just did address it)

SO ALBUM SEVEEEEENNNN?

"Fuck" isn't a slur against a whole group of people.

"Fuck" isn't a slur against a whole group of people.

This. The aforementioned word is an unacceptable term unless you're referring to the pork snack.

It's homophobic regardless of how you dress it up.

In b4 Matt writes a song about the last four pages of turd and sticks it on the album.

Archived