Muse have gotten to the stage where they could release an album however they wanted and it would still sell comparatively well. And if it's about making money then they could still sell way less than any of the previous albums and make just as much, if they're going independent

Album sales will go down, not only Muse but everybody. Now, a bunch of people download the singles, few download the album, a even less buy the actual album. For 7th, I foresee two or three catchy singles a la Madness/Follow Me, but hopefully the rest of the album will be cohesive with great tracks.

Album sales will go down, not only Muse but everybody. Now, a bunch of people download the singles, few download the album, a even less buy the actual album. For 7th, I foresee two or three catchy singles a la Madness/Follow Me, but hopefully the rest of the album will be cohesive with great tracks.

Album sales have been going down for a long time already, I don't think it'll make much difference now

what? :LOL: is there an article/interview/something about this?

I can't remember where it was said, but he's right. I remember reading something about Matt being asked to come up with a new F1 theme. I don't know how it is in other countries (or on channels outside of the BBC), but they use Fleetwood Mac's The Chain for F1 coverage in the UK.

The actual promotion for T2L sucked though.

Agreed. but promotion these days sucks for most bands and artists if you ask me. it becomes harder to promote your stuff. it seems.

But yes, albums sales shouldn't be the thing they should care about anymore. it's not important anymore as it used to be. it's now already really different from 4-5 years ago.

we have now Spotify for example. and more streaming things like that.

If they go independent, then it shouldn't matter even less.

I'd love to the idea of them just dropping the album without announcing it. would be really cool.

But anyways, Muse has a loyal audience, that is still pretty big. so they will always sell quite well.

Wonder if the F1 theme song they were asked to write will see fruition and if it will be on the album...

Now that you remind me. :LOL: Here's hoping that it's built from scratch with F1 in mind rather than making a song fit the theme like how Survival was. That is if they're working on it.

I'm excited now :awesome:

How come we don't see much of Chris these days? He isn't in photos and interviews as much as Dom and Matt lately

Archived