Sorry to break up this conversation but I just had a thought.

If Matt actually has broken up with Kate would that mean that Guiding Light would be dropped because it's Kate's favourite song and he wouldn't want to be reminded of her.

......:awesome:

Dillinger cuz I wanna hear'em scream :awesome:

nah, but seriously, they could really benefit from a tesseract-ish influence. one of my favorite bands for sure, and the long, drawn-out notes in the vocals would sound awesome with Matt's voice.

yeah, and deftones. MORE DEFTONES.

To be honest, the more of TesseracT's stuff I hear, the more I think their style wouldn't really mesh with Muse's aside from some aspects of the vocals. They could do with varying up the riffing styles, I think.

A mix of Deftones and Voivod-style riffage would suit me right down to the ground. And some Tool and Isis-esque structures would be awesome.

Ignore him :noey:

:awesome:

The riffs or better the production are huge, but samey and I feel that there are very few noteworthy riffs. :(

For example: Swerve City sounds huge, but the riff is incredibly basic and the dynamic range of the song is extremely limited.

More diverse sounds and more dynamic range next time and I'm in love with Deftones again :yesey:

I guess Muse could get influenced by their general heaviness (and I think that's what most people mean, when they talk about a Deftones influence).

I'm waiting for a post that doesn't include 'I wish they sounded more like (insert band)'. Wasn't that the main complaint about the last album? That the songs sounded too much like other bands?

Nobody's saying that. People want Muse to be influenced by other bands, rather than sound like.

I'm waiting for a post that doesn't include 'I wish they sounded more like (insert band)'. Wasn't that the main complaint about the last album? That the songs sounded too much like other bands?

Well, people don't want them to sound like another band, people want them to be influenced by [insert name of a band] in the next album, which is quite different. It's wanting them to try things other bands do, but mantaining a Muse sound.

Archived