I want some badass artwork for this album. I remember first seeing The 2nd Law's artwork and thinking "Oh... Uh that's pretty cool, I guess. :stunned:"

I didn't like The 2nd Law's artwork that much :unsure: I'm really curious to see the new artworks for Album Seven though. I would like to see something somewhat psychedelic... :rolleyes:

I wish Muse would stop hawking these huge, grandiose, unifying themes for their albums. The only one that has worked for me is Absolution.

BH&R is a mess of 'oh, how cool and deep is space, gice? - HOW DAMN COOL?', The Resistance is all 'oh we're so in love but STFU governments' and The 2nd Law makes no sense at all.

Absolution was loosely thematic, with musical and lyrical coherence, backed up by a simple yet stonking live show that never tried too hard, just wowed the pants off you with its sheer power.

I wish Muse would stop hawking these huge, grandiose, unifying themes for their albums. The only one that has worked for me is Absolution.

BH&R is a mess of 'oh, how cool and deep is space, gice? - HOW DAMN COOL?', The Resistance is all 'oh we're so in love but STFU governments' and The 2nd Law makes no sense at all.

Absolution was loosely thematic, with musical and lyrical coherence, backed up by a simple yet stonking live show that never tried too hard, just wowed the pants off you with its sheer power.

Absolution helped that it was barely thematic at all.

BH&R I'd say worked ok. The space elements worked together musically at least with the more grandiose side of the album. There was also nothing very specific except adding astronomical words to everything which I can look over.

It's the last two where they really tried to push a concept, and both times ended up with a few on topic tracks before going back to making love songs again.

That's kind of what I meant about Absolution - it was loosely thematic but everything tied up very nicely. There's nothing on Absolution that sounds or feels out of place to me. Every album since has a moment or two I listen to and just thing, why?

That's kind of what I meant about Absolution - it was loosely thematic but everything tied up very nicely. There's nothing on Absolution that sounds or feels out of place to me. Every album since has a moment or two I listen to and just thing, why?
Tbh the only songs I would keep if I was making a thematically consistent album are AP,TIRO, SFA, SS, Hysteria, B&H, Blackout and RBS.

Fair enough. 'Only' would, to my mind, imply picking a minority, not a majority.

I'd throw FAWY in there too, and probs TOADA and Fury.

The Small Print and Endlessly are the only two that feel remotely out of place to me. Both great still though.

Fair enough. 'Only' would, to my mind, imply picking a minority, not a majority.

I'd throw FAWY in there too, and probs TOADA and Fury.

The Small Print and Endlessly are the only two that feel remotely out of place to me. Both great still though.

"only" because it was quite a big difference from your statement which was that none of the songs felt out of place.

I'd say OoS is closest to perfection in that aspect, as it only has one fault.

Archived