Where does The 2nd Law rank for you?

Museic07

Where does The 2nd Law rank in YOUR preference list?  

418 members have voted

1. 1. Where does The 2nd Law rank in YOUR preference list?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th

It isn't though.

It's not even about the speed of the songs. For me it's a matter of how heavy/interesting/catchy they are. Panic Station, Animals and Supremacy. Each of those songs alone are more interesting than anything you can find on TR.

I respect your opinion, and hope you enjoy the new album.

Laters.

I like it better than The Resistance, that's all I can say for sure. Don't get me wrong there are some amazing songs on TR but as a release this is definitely better. Much more creative, I think. I'm really enjoying it.

1. Abso 5 stars

2. OoS 4.9 stars

3. BH&R and The 2nd Law ranking the same IMO 4.5 stars

4. The Resistance 3 stars.

5. Showbiz 3 stars.

Disclaimer: I don't hate Showbiz, but it's just that...it's Showbiz. :p It was their first album and it lacked some direction.

Must be the Twilight fans :shifty:

Ha ha ha

It does surprise me though. Perhaps the fact the band haven't played anything off that album for 5 years doesn't help. I was at the last play of the track Showbiz (in 2006). It was amazing :supersad:

TRUE, it doesnt help new fans discovering Muse if the band have turned their back on their groundbreaking album, shame on you boys.

for me:

OoS > Showbiz > Absolution > BH&R =/=T2L > TR

There are hardly any bad songs on OoS, Showbiz and Absolution, BH&R and T2L are vying for 4th place.. T2L doesnt have an in your face rockin tune like KoC but it does have Animals and Panic Station.. very close.

TR is last because is it has some stinky cheese in it, musically some fantastic stuff just cheese like Guiding Light. That will also remind me of NSC forever more.

I can't understand how TR gets slated for reasons that describe T2L to a greater extent though.

Because it's the same thing, but done with energy, effort and overall better songs.

TR feels so lackluster and dull, while this album feels full of energy from the whole band.

Because it's the same thing, but done with energy, effort and overall better songs.

TR feels so lackluster and dull, while this album feels full of energy from the whole band.

Spot on.

This album also has a lot more potential live than TR. A lot more room for improvisation, rocking out and extended outros.

Agreed. I have such a hard time really dealing with TR, because when I listen to the songs I'm like "this is pretty good actually" for almost all the songs..Exogenesis is gorgeous..Uprising uplifting...UD is a sexy,sleek song...IBTY fun...US is a great guitar track..yet as an album I feel so meh about it. It's the sum of its parts that is somehow so lacking, there just isn't that element of excitement (X factor) about it.

It does surprise me though. Perhaps the fact the band haven't played anything off that album for 5 years doesn't help. I was at the last play of the track Showbiz (in 2006). It was amazing :supersad:

Bingo. Some songs don't grow on you until you hear them live (Unnatural Selection!), and many of us will never have that chance with Showbiz, especially Americans that discovered Muse in 2006 like moi. :'(

It's not that we hate Showbiz. It's that the next two albums blew it out of the water IMO.

T2L is the album The Resistance wanted to be but failed.

When I listen to half the tracks from TR, I think "hey, this is a lot better than I remembered", but then I listen to OOS and realise, actually, TR really is a let down.

I think long term I'll prefer T2L over BH&R because of how bad the production was on it.

sigh...

I thought for a long time about this. I decided to put it 2nd. Before the album was released I thought it was going to beat even OoS. Sadly, that didn't happen. But I put it second because it's so radically all over the place, and somehow I love this. I love it how they didn't care about reception and just threw it all in our faces. It's just an awesome album. can't wait to see them live.

(album ranking so far: OoS > T2L > Absolution > BHAR > TR > Showbiz )

Archived