Don't hold your breath, this is one of the hardest vocals Matt's ever done. I can't see them playing it live very often, if at all.

They'll play it a half step (even a full step) down probably with that aswell. I would like to hear it live, love the vocals and the guitar towards the end.

They'll play it a half step (even a full step) down probably with that aswell. I would like to hear it live, love the vocals and the guitar towards the end.

I quite like the key it is in on the record, so I'd be interested on how it would sound live. I don't really like the half-step down version of Madness, just sounded better in it's original key in my opinion.

I quite like the key it is in on the record, so I'd be interested on how it would sound live. I don't really like the half-step down version of Madness, just sounded better in it's original key in my opinion.

You know they don't exactly lower the key because they think it sounds better.

Well I guess in a way they do, because it sounds better not to have Matt cracking and whining all over the place.

Well I guess in a way they do, because it sounds better not to have Matt cracking and whining all over the place.

Yeah I know it's mostly for the purposes of making it easier for Matt to sing. But obviously it can sound better or worse from certain perspectives (e.g. Starlight sounds better in Bb I think, but I don't think Madness sounds as good in the live key).

I think Starlight does. The record goes in C major (I think?) which is not as... advanced as in Bb. Both that and Madness is played a whole step down, not half a step.

I often experiment with songs being played half a step down, with Muse it usually works well since Matt sings so highly. There's probably a very good reason Madness live is as pitched down as it is :LOL:

Matthijs: Your careless placing of those bells throughout the song made me laugh. Good work.

I think Starlight does. The record goes in C major (I think?) which is not as... advanced as in Bb. Both that and Madness is played a whole step down, not half a step.

I often experiment with songs being played half a step down, with Muse it usually works well since Matt sings so highly. There's probably a very good reason Madness live is as pitched down as it is :LOL:

Matthijs: Your careless placing of those bells throughout the song made me laugh. Good work.

Starlight is originally in B, shifted to Bb live, Madness is in Bb, shifted to A live.

Oh jeez, you're right. I can't hear the difference between B and C, apparently. And as for Madness goes: :eek: I played it a whole step down from the original, and it sounded like the Skavlan recording. I stand corrected.

Is it just me that think the Skavlan version is actually way off in the first minute or so? It's like they (Matt and Chris) can't find the pitch at first. Try to play along with a keyboard or something and it sounds wobbly. To me the recording sounds wobbly anyways. Anybody with a better ear than me:

Oh jeez, you're right. I can't hear the difference between B and C, apparently. And as for Madness goes: :eek: I played it a whole step down from the original, and it sounded like the Skavlan recording. I stand corrected.

Is it just me that think the Skavlan version is actually way off in the first minute or so? It's like they (Matt and Chris) can't find the pitch at first. Try to play along with a keyboard or something and it sounds wobbly. To me the recording sounds wobbly anyways. Anybody with a better ear than me:

It sounds a bit off to me as well at the start.

I looked at the sheet music ;)

Archived