I hear that a lot, but tbh I don't see the connection.

I can't really explain it, they just came to mind the first time I heard it. :erm:

I wasn't too keen on the album first time around but now I can't stop listening to some songs; Isolated System, Supremacy, Animals, Panic Station and Follow Me are my favourites. The rest either need to grow on me more or just aren't my thing. I must say I like it more than TR personally :happy:

anyone know where I can download the 2nd law guitar tab book? way too expensive to pay for, and microcuts doesn't update anymore :(

Someone normally copies it onto a GP file and puts it on Ultimate guitar anyway. Or at least there are some quite accurate tabs on there anyway

I'm curious about your opinions of the previous Muse albums, care to share?

Showbiz: 6/10

OOS: 9.5/10

Abso: 8.5/10

BHAR: 8/10

TR: 6.5/10

2nd Law: 4.5-5/10

IMHO

They been going down hill album wise ever since OOS. Although there are cracking songs on every album.

• 1 month later...

Just wondering what people think of T2L now that first impressions are long gone. Overall first impression I was pretty underwhelmed and I still feel that way towards the whole album.

Individually Supremacy and Animals are really great songs though up near the best things they've done.

Also I think the middle section (2:00 to 2:50) of Unsustainable is legitimately without debate one of the best sections of music they've ever written. Up there with CE's ending, the big ending in Hoodoo, the explosions that take place in Take a Bow and Cross Pollination. Wub wub's middle section is definitely in that same class for me.

Impressions of T2L now are meh. Especially in comparison to other new stuff I've heard since

There are some cool tracks and moments (Animals, Panic Station, Supremacy riff, end of Madness, Survival riffs) and Chris' tracks showed some promise, but it doesn't work as an album at all. It's just an all over the place, howmanygenrescanwefitin collection of tracks

I do agree that Animals is perhaps up there with their best. There's been at least one gem in the last two albums but my expectations for LP7 are ridiculously low..

Always thought of T2L as a movie soundtrack - very different songs that come together to tell a story. It isn't the sound that connects it all but the lyrics. It's exceptionally different from other albums, and I can understand how a person who doesn't listen to soundtracks often might be confused by it.

Showbiz: 6/10

OOS: 9.5/10

Abso: 8.5/10

BHAR: 8/10

TR: 6.5/10

2nd Law: 4.5-5/10

IMHO

They been going down hill album wise ever since OOS. Although there are cracking songs on every album.

Nah.

Showbiz - 6

OoS - 9

Abso - 8

BHaR - 7

TR - 7

T2L - 8

Archived