I really like the newsreader! :yesey:

wait...wha...?

http://connectome.muse.mu/mp3/is3.mp3

:erm: If this is the right clip. Just as I'm getting into it, she starts nattering about isolated systems. There's a male newsreader too.

It may sound fine when we hear it all.

omg no.

uhm...

okay...doing this with one track is tolerable, but...

god let's hope it's just brief and that it doesn't distract from, i don't know, any actual music :unsure:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01mvy7v

Appears Zane Lowe's in on the fun as well.

Do any of the websites specifically say that the ENTIRE album will be played? Because it just says brand new exclusive album tracks on Zane Lowe's show.

last go around he did a pre-recorded interview show that included parts of most/all of the new songs, but it wasn't an actual stream of the album.

maybe the same sort of thing? :unsure:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01mvy7v

Appears Zane Lowe's in on the fun as well.

Do any of the websites specifically say that the ENTIRE album will be played? Because it just says brand new exclusive album tracks on Zane Lowe's show.

They said so, yes.

I genuinely think this could be their 2nd, if not best album yet. The quality of the songs so far if just unreal.

This.

I genuinely think this could be their 2nd, if not best album yet. The quality of the songs so far if just unreal.

Bloody brilliant, isn't it? :D Funny that fans have come to expect so much of them yet a lot of us didn't really have high hopes for this album, and now that we've heard most of it everyone seems pleasantly surprised that the songs are actually good :LOL:.

They seem to have repaired a lot of the damage caused by The Resistance, which I still think had some great songs but the least direction or consistency. While the songs we've heard from T2L don't exactly sound cohesive (e.g. Unsustainable and Madness on the same record) it still works cos the songs are all strong in isolation, so when they all come together it doesn't sound like a crazily mixed bag. I really can't wait to hear the studio tracks!

The Resistance had some diversity but the songs were just very bland.

Even some of the songs I liked - like Unnatural Selection - were very rehashed, almost as if they were trying to inject a bit of their old sound into events.

With the T2L songs, there seems to be a far more natural and organic nod to who they were alongside where they are now. Perhaps playing Origin in full did have a positive effect on them and reminded them that by experiment wholeheartedly, they can do great things.

There is bundles more positivity this time round though - waaaaaay more.

That's good to know. I'm definitely feeling a lot more excitement from these than when I heard The Resistance previews. Except maybe Unnatural Selection which had a good first impression at Teignmouth.

Pre-album release, TR wasn't as positive as this. We hadn't heard many tracks anyway, and we were mostly caught up in treasure hunts and whatnot, hehe. Once it was released, though, as with every album release the first month or so was full of people spaffing and loving up a lot of the songs. Then the hype died down and after many more listens people felt differently. It's always like that, but the feeling around these songs has been miles more positive from the vast majority, which is damn impressive!

Well... we only heard USoE and Uprising before the album came out and then Resistance, Undisclosed Desires and Unnatural Selection when they played them at Teignmouth.

There is bundles more positivity this time round though - waaaaaay more.

Around that time I was more excited about the piano version of Cave than any of the new songs. Shame they didn't do that more often.

Around that time I was more excited about the piano version of Cave than any of the new songs. Shame they didn't do that more often.

Agreed. I got to see it twice though :awesome:.

It was weirdly like when I saw Showbiz live - they did it at Eden and I couldn't believe it but when I saw them next, they brought it back again and I thought 'NOOOO! Why couldn't it have been a different song from Showbiz?' :LOL:.

You wait years to see something live and then see it twice in two gigs.

not the way i prefer to have first exposure to a new song sadly, but to each.

i did listen to, and enjoyed the interview after i'd listened to the album though.

Indeed. Zane does my head in at the best of times so hearing parts of the album and then him talking over the top of it made me quite mad. :LOL:

Archived