I tend to listen to albums in order, especially the first few listens.

But with Muse being the only band I actually follow this closely, I end up overplaying the songs that are released before the album up to a point where I've heard enough once the album comes out.

I'll be skipping Madness and Survival from the start.

I even skipped Stockholm Syndrome for a long time, so it doesn't necessarily reflect on the quality of the song.

I'm kind of the same. I've only listened to the new songs about 4 times, and I haven't listened to Unsustainable in about 3 weeks. I don't want to get burned out already!

And I remember when TR was coming out, someone posted about what songs you would listen to first on TR, or would you listen to the album in full, in order, the first time. I said I'd skip to whatever songs I hadn't heard yet at all, and people thought I was weird!

Of course it looks like this time we'll be hearing all the songs randomly ahead of time via the radio.

I have no persistence so I always end up listening to every song available before the album comes out. I don't listen to leaks because I want to hear every album first on cd :$ This time I'm trying to resist listening to the songs we already know until Friday so that I won't overplay any of them. I've heard all of them except Animals... It's quite hard though, especially with Panic Station. Muse, why did you make such a funky song? :mad:

I work up with these songs in my head, was singing them all in the shower and around the house :LOL: I realised I haven't been this excited about new Muse songs in fucking aaages! I'm actually counting down the days until I get to see them live myself so I can just go fecking schmental in the crowd :D! I'll be headbanging like a mofo to Supremacy, Survival and Unsustainable, dancing to Panic Station, waving my arms around like a fool to Follow Me, 'ma-ma-ma-madnessing' to Madness and probably crying during Save Me and Animals, haha. They're all so unique and brilliant.

Still surprised the whole album is being streamed on radio stations tomorrow: kinda makes this whole Isolated System game thingy seem a bit pointless if we're going to hear the track tomorrow anyway :LOL::wtf:

The whole 'Connectome' thing has come at a really bad time - no one's all that interested cos the new live songs have taken over our thoughts! :p

On one of those websites it says something about it being in an effort to head off leaks. So I'm guessing Warner or Muse sanctioned it.

how is it any different than a leak? I mean, people can listen to it for free, and while it's not illegal like downloading a leak from a torrent site for example, it can still keep people from buying the album...

so this is it then. after months of waiting, tomorrow, at 8 pm (this is the time zane's show will air at my place) I will finally hear the whole stuff... starting with supremacy (which I still managed to keep myself from listening), ending with Isolated System, I'll hear it all. tomorrow is going to be a fucking awesome day :LOL: stupid tuesday exam... I won't be able to study for it, but whatever:LOL:

edit: hopefully it'll be the full album, right?

Archived