Indeed. Zane does my head in at the best of times so hearing parts of the album and then him talking over the top of it made me quite mad. :LOL:

his voice is a show all on its own :chuckle:

I think the 30 second previews really added to the negative vibe TR got before it was released. Most of the clips were awful.

i'm glad i avoided them. still, hearing the album for the first time i literally wanted to crawl under the sofa. part of it was embarassament/cringing, and the other part was laughing. and it all kicked off with guiding light. :noey:

Or they made some songs sound better than they were.

The 30 secs of Guiding Light was the only exciting part of the song while the Resistance clip was the crappy pre-chorus bit.

the only part of guiding light that was exciting was dom in a field scaring some sheep.

I was also impressed at how confident they seemed - esp compared to the first Teignmouth gig. First time playing those songs to an audience and it felt as though they'd been playing them live for months.

that was exciting, that they were playing at home and the general buildup toward that. i found the general thrill of that to be quite contagious :happy:

I think the 30 second previews really added to the negative vibe TR got before it was released. Most of the clips were awful.

You are spot on there. It was definitely the the 30 second previews that caused the trouble last time. Though I seem to remember that everyone was very excited about the Teignmouth gig and the performances at the gig, the trouble was that the negativity had already started over the musical shift.

This time the shift has already happened, which means, I think, that people are more ready to accept that Muse are not going to stick predominantly to rock tracks.

I think this album seems to be a development on from The Resistance. Its not going back, as they have continued to experiment with other genres, they might not have touched before, and have continued with the wackiness, but they have loosened up a bit and got more comfortable in their own new skin and that comes out in the music. I think overall the songs will be rockier this time,though more in the live performances.

Come on guys, The Resistance is not that bad. It is just not original at all. Almost every song has something that is a copy of some other song. But it has some great songs IMO.

And I guess I am the only one who thinks Unnatural Selection is maybe the worst song on the album.

This says a lot about this post :LOL:

I was also impressed at how confident they seemed - esp compared to the first Teignmouth gig. First time playing those songs to an audience and it felt as though they'd been playing them live for months.

I was just thinking that! Watched Follow Me and thought 'It's like they're playing these songs for the 20th time, not the first'. They're so relaxed about it all and make it look effortless. Didn't hear a single thing that sounded out of place - apart from maybe during Survival, ironically!

I also wondered if they ever just think 'Bloody hell we're good' :LOL: To make live versions of album tracks sound better - which they often do - is rare and awesome, but to make us all love these songs before we've even heard the studio album is even more impressive.

Come on guys, The Resistance is not that bad. It is just not original at all. Almost every song has something that is a copy of some other song. But it has some great songs IMO.

And I guess I am the only one who thinks Unnatural Selection is maybe the worst song on the album.

It was a terrible album song writing wise.

I feel T2L is not near as bad but I feel the chord progressions and vocals matt displays are long over used.

Perhaps they're actually rehearsing properly these days, not like the farce at the start of the last tour where they sacrificed rehearsals to support U-fucking-2.

The Helskini gig isn't a good comparison. The Cologne gig is like the Teignmouth gig. They have yet to perform the new songs with the big stage set. I think it was that side of it that they felt uncomfortable about, and they did rehearse before the Helsinki gig as well. It was just that they didn't feel as prepared as they wanted to feel.

I was just thinking that! Watched Follow Me and thought 'It's like they're playing these songs for the 20th time, not the first'. They're so relaxed about it all and make it look effortless. Didn't hear a single thing that sounded out of place - apart from maybe during Survival, ironically!

I also wondered if they ever just think 'Bloody hell we're good' :LOL: To make live versions of album tracks sound better - which they often do - is rare and awesome, but to make us all love these songs before we've even heard the studio album is even more impressive.

Panic Station was just full of confidence. Matt looked like he was in his element and it was like he wanted to strut round the stage and shout, YEAH...IM AWESOME. :LOL:

As Clunge said, maybe they actually rehearsed properly for once. :awesome:

I don't think The Resistance is a bad album. I still love it.

I don't think The Resistance deserves as much of a bashing as it gets, but the previews really weren't helpful. 30 seconds is hardly going to give you a good indication of what a song will be like, especially an ever-changing Muse song!

It has some great Musey tracks, though, including MK Ultra, Exo, Unnatural Selection and Uprising. They all get a great reception live and showcase their talent. UD and IBTY were a refreshing change and USoE had some great moments despite it sounding like a reworking of Queen. And Resistance I've always liked. Guiding Light is the only one that's stupidly cringeworthy!

The thing for me was that they didn't work collectively - it sounded too random - and only one of them became among my favourite ever Muse songs (Exo). Some songs were good, others great, none exceptional - again, apart from Exo, lol. Symphony or not, it was epic Muse and I love it :phu:

Panic Station was just full of confidence. Matt looked like he was in his element and it was like he wanted to strut round the stage and shout, YEAH...IM AWESOME. :LOL:

As Clunge said, maybe they actually rehearsed properly for once. :awesome:

Well, they did say in that post-gig interview that they had a +or- 2 hour rehearsal instead of soundchecking before the show, so yeah.

I just think that TR didn't get off to a good start and it kind of snowballed from then on. Cancelling gigs, setlist length, the setlist itself, blah blah blah.

Oh God, the setlist catastrophe :LOL: Yeah it wasn't a great tour or Muse era considering how much (more) moaning it generated. If you asked me to sum up the TR tour, I'd say 'Towers, poor setlists, moaning, some good jams'. This time, I hope to say 'Epic, epic, epic, OMG!'

Oh God, the setlist catastrophe :LOL: Yeah it wasn't a great tour or Muse era considering how much (more) moaning it generated. If you asked me to sum up the TR tour, I'd say 'Towers, poor setlists, moaning, some good jams'. This time, I hope to say 'Epic, epic, epic, OMG!'

:LOL:

The setlist polls will go down in history as one of the biggest fails Muse have committed.

I was convinced I'd hate the new album but I am pleasantly surprised...I'm afraid. :LOL:

The setlist polls will go down in history as one of the biggest fails Muse have committed.

I was convinced I'd hate the new album but I am pleasantly surprised...I'm afraid. :LOL:

Oh my God, you have just reminded me of the setlist polls :LOL::LOL:

I was at the O2 arena gig 13/11, and i was thinking all the way through "Fuck yeah the songs that got voted in are ace! This is going to be outstanding!!"

Then half way through, bam. Feeling Good. My reaction?

92-what-the-fuck-is-this-shit.jpg

So much poll fail there wasn't a :facepalm: icon big enough!

:LOL: I know... what are we gonna do, there's nothing to complain about this time! Maybe Explorers or Big Freeze will be the new GL (I really hope I haven't jinxed it by saying that :ninja:)

I agree! I find US quite boring!

TR got me into muse so will always hold a special place in my heart

Yeah, everything just sounds and feels better this time round.

For sure, there's nothing to beef about.

Oh my God, you have just reminded me of the setlist polls :LOL::LOL:

I was at the O2 arena gig 13/11, and i was thinking all the way through "Fuck yeah the songs that got voted in are ace! This is going to be outstanding!!"

Then half way through, bam. Feeling Good. My reaction?

92-what-the-fuck-is-this-shit.jpg

They got two stars out of five for the first night at the O2 arena...faaaaaail.

So much poll fail there wasn't a :facepalm: icon big enough!

:LOL: I know... what are we gonna do, there's nothing to complain about this time! Maybe Explorers or Big Freeze will be the new GL (I really hope I haven't jinxed it by saying that :ninja:)

I'm sure we'll find something to complain about eventually. My money is on short sets.

I keep forgetting there's a few tracks we haven't heard yet. You totally jinxed us. :mad:

Archived