I agree! I find US quite boring!

TR got me into muse so will always hold a special place in my heart

I love US :$ Especially for that lush middle section :kiss:

It's good to see a positive start to a new era though. It feels good to be able to like Muse properly again :awesome:

I'm sure we'll find something to complain about eventually. My money is on short sets.

I keep forgetting there's a few tracks we haven't heard yet. You totally jinxed us. :mad:

Nooo :'( Tbh even if both those tracks are meh that's still the vast majority that are :awesome:

Yeah, Musers won't fail to moan about something, lol. Sets will probably suffer cos they sure as hell aren't going to play three-hour shows to fit in their back catalogue of songs. I just hope it doesn't become another round of 'greatest hits' setlists interspersed with new album tracks.

I just hope it doesn't become another round of 'greatest hits' setlists interspersed with new album tracks.

I wouldn't mind that. As long as the greatest hits are rotated and the new album songs are good (which they are, very much so) then I'm fine with it.

I think people will complain that the album doesn't flow and isn't consistent :rolleyes:

Nah, we've already used that to death with TR :p. I think these tracks, although completely different to each other and probably don't flow, will still work collectively simply because they're so strong individually. Our first exposure to the songs hasn't been on an album where you can hear them one after the other, so opinions may change as to how the album works as a whole, but I still think the general feeling will be positive like it has been so far.

I think people will complain that the album doesn't flow and isn't consistent :rolleyes:

Judging from what we've heard so far, I'd say we could argue that now.

I mean obviously the studio versions of the tracks will sound more complete than what we've heard so far but Supremacy into Panic Station into Madness...the flow has already be killed.

I wouldn't mind that. As long as the greatest hits are rotated and the new album songs are good (which they are, very much so) then I'm fine with it.

It wouldn't be terrible if that was the case, I'd just prefer it if they could find more of a balance between their old material, some b-sides and the greatest hits/staples. They obviously can't play their entire back catalogue, but they also shouldn't be so limited in their song choices, which they were for a lot of the TR tour.

I can also recall Matt saying that the album had a 'Pink Floyd vibe'. I'm not feeling any Pink Floyd in the songs we've heard what so ever :LOL:

Might just be me though:happy:

Animals (the guitar) and Save Me (vocals and overall psychedelic feel) both reminded me strongly of Pink Floyd.

Animals (the guitar) and Save Me (vocals and overall psychedelic feel) both reminded me strongly of Pink Floyd.

I personally don't hear any Pink Floyd influences in Animals (except the title) but I really don't understand why people think Save Me sounds psychedelic...I don't hear it at all.

I can only listen to an album in full if I love pretty much all of the songs. If it flows, that's a bonus really.

This is pretty much how I feel

Those are different vibes for me...

When someone says dreamy...I think of a band like Beach House. When someone says psychedelic I think of a band like Tame Impala.

I'm pretty much the same, but I still hear a little dreamy vibe from Save Me. It might be clearer from the studio version.

Archived