Flow does matter to me to some extent, but IMO an album doesn't need to be musically cohesive to flow well.

Musical cohesiveness - in that tracks sound musically linked - isn't important.

Thematic flow, though, is hugely important. An album in which song complements each other, thematically, gains so much more from that than being just a collection of random songs thrown together.

I thought it was supposed to be the heaviest/rockiest track on the album.

Survival gets reasonably heavy in the guitar section so I look forward to this.

Perhaps they're actually rehearsing properly these days, not like the farce at the start of the last tour where they sacrificed rehearsals to support U-fucking-2.

Yep, they rehearsed the whole setlist on the day.

Survival really benefits from the loss of choir, live. And the ending is beefy

It's a lot heavier than most TR material; I'm actually really looking forward to seeing it. When it first came out I thought it would be a waste of space.

I tend to listen to albums in order, especially the first few listens.

But with Muse being the only band I actually follow this closely, I end up overplaying the songs that are released before the album up to a point where I've heard enough once the album comes out.

I'll be skipping Madness and Survival from the start.

I even skipped Stockholm Syndrome for a long time, so it doesn't necessarily reflect on the quality of the song.

Finally got around to listening to all of the live tracks (after a couple of busy days):

Supremacy - Awesome riff. Like the verse. Really like the end bits. Sounds like it could be a pretty awesome track.

Madness - First it's dull, then it's U2. Urgh. Really no better live than on record.

Panic Station - Makes me think of Led Zeppelin's Trampled Underfoot! In a good way. Plus, it has an awesome riff guitar near the end. And the Hysteria solo. Which is odd, but it fits. Just wish those Justin Hawkins sounding screams weren't there. Overall, it's a little strange, but promising! And there's most definitely a very Muse sound there.

Animals - Love the 5/4 and flamenco flourishes, while the blasts of distortion and yet another awesome riff make it feel that it eventually goes somewhere. Perhaps meanders aimlessly/repetitively at points, but another promising one!

Save Me - I love Chris' vocals, and can see the Beatles influence! Found it very affecting in parts, but a little dull and over-long in others. I want to hear the album version a couple of times before making an actual judgement on it. Which is true for the others too, but especially true for this one.

Follow Me - Sounded painful in description, sounds potentially OK from the live version!

This album is potentially shaping up to be far better than I expected! :D

Archived