Is that Isolated System?! I like! :D It sounds rave like. The newsreader bit does sound completely out of place though on this clip.

What news reader are u talking about?? I don't notice a single thing. If there's, it's not even talking. Then what is out of place??:rolleyes:

I wonder if they're allowed to record that Prince cover as a possible b-side. Isn't Prince all bitchy about that kinda stuff?

As for other b-sides, it would be nice if we can get the rock version of Follow Me and the electronic version of Unsustainable. But I'm sure we'll have to settle for mostly mediocre remixes, if anything.

I think the Prince cover being recorded would be perfect :D

I'm still blown away by Matt, and, for that matter, Chris's vocals on all the tracks so far.

Matt has never sounded better, he's put in a belter on all the new tracks and Chris's backing vocals sound tip top these days.

The backing on Follow Me reminds me a lot of those in Dead Star - 'YEAH, YEEEAAAAHHH, YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!'.

I'm still blown away by Matt, and, for that matter, Chris's vocals on all the tracks so far.

Matt has never sounded better, he's put in a belter on all the new tracks and Chris's backing vocals sound tip top these days.

The backing on Follow Me reminds me a lot of those in Dead Star - 'YEAH, YEEEAAAAHHH, YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!'.

those vocals from chris are stunning. Hoping for more of the same from liquid state!! I am actually really glad they still kept that one a surprise and played save me instead :happy:

I just don't get the moaning about the news reader on Isolated System. It's not like even talking. The main thing is the beat, the piano and the background atmospheric dreamy synth.

That's either because you're listening to an early version or because it ends around 1.20 for you, despite the fact that it goes to 1.30

That's either because you're listening to an early version or because it ends around 1.20 for you, despite the fact that it goes to 1.30

yeah it was az earlier version. I love the lady's voice. Loved we are the universe, unsustainable news reader and now this. BTW, Isolated System sounds incredible so far, so minimal-dancey beat!

Definitely! Vocally I'm amazed by Chris, whose voice I don't feel we've really been able to appreciate or hear the power of it fully until now. We've heard some of his vocal abilities in passing live, like with Dead Star, TSP, Hyper Music etc but now that he's singing lead I'm realising that he's got a really fantastic voice. It's so different from Matt's, which is more diverse, but we might hear a few falsetto notes from our Wolstenbeast if he gets to sing lead more often - and I REALLY hope he does! :D

Matt's voice is just getting bigger and better. He's been criticised in the past for avoiding chest notes live etc but we all know he can still do them: maybe it would just puts a strain on his vocals to do them at every live show. If Supremacy's live falsetto is that incredible, I can only dream of what the studio will sound like. Probably break the speakers :LOL:

These songs have made me think they've really gone back to their roots with this album. I keep hearing similarities or subtle links to OoS tracks, some Abso and even the best bits of BH&R like CoD, Take a Bow, Supermassive etc.

i'm confused - how can a radio station get permission to stream the entire album before its release date? is that normal?

Quite a few artists allow that these days. I'm not exactly sure what the benefit is marketing-wise, perhaps just to create a buzz with a new audience and not just existing fans, it usually accompanies a radio station's "album of the week" promotion where they get a play a song from the new album each day.

Archived