This new album does seem to be pushing Matt's vocals a lot. I hope it doesn't make him too tired/start wimping out during songs.

Also, I think that shit planning on this first setlist made him wimp out at the end of Madness, and is part of the reason he sounded tired for Survival. Aside from it being the first actual gig, I mean.

Also, I think that shit planning on this first setlist made him wimp out at the end of Madness, and is part of the reason he sounded tired for Survival. Aside from it being the first actual gig, I mean.

I can understand him whimping out on Madness. It's as far as I can hear, an A4, sustained for ages. If he does it like he did at E-Werk with doing a combination of chest and falsetto, I'm perfectly fine with that. This note can't really be compared with the G4 in Resistance in terms of difficulty.

‘We have a symbolic upside-down pyramid suspended over us as we play. It will screen videos and images that relate to the songs. At some point, the pyramid will turn inside out and consume Dom’s drum kit. Then Dom becomes a ninja who starts battling with corrupt businessmen…’

http://www.metro.co.uk/music/912793-muses-matt-bellamy-it-s-only-now-i-feel-comfortable-singing-about-love#ixzz27O5t54yM

‘We have a symbolic upside-down pyramid suspended over us as we play. It will screen videos and images that relate to the songs. At some point, the pyramid will turn inside out and consume Dom’s drum kit. Then Dom becomes a ninja who starts battling with corrupt businessmen…’

http://www.metro.co.uk/music/912793-muses-matt-bellamy-it-s-only-now-i-feel-comfortable-singing-about-love#ixzz27O5t54yM

Just read that! :LOL:

From twitter:

Haushinka ‏@glitterategobox

#AskMuse Will you play any songs from Showbiz on your tour? #askmuse

muse ‏@muse

@glitterategobox I'm routing for Muscle Museum to come back. We nearly played Sunburn in rehearsals today but gave up after a couple of bars

Muscle Museum possibly coming back? There are no words :awesome:

If they do, I hope they don't drop it after the first few weeks of touring like Cave. I'd be so gutted if they stopped playing it by the time I managed to go and see them. Interesting to see that they 'gave up' on Sunburn, guess that's not getting played then, I wonder why :erm:

To be honest I'm not that hopeful about MM coming back. It was probably Dom said it and Dom mentioned campaigning for it to come back in an interview in early 2010.

Falling Down possibly coming back is really much more surprising and likely since Matt said it I think. Don't take the phrase "more likely" there to mean I'm confident it will be back though.

Wait until a few months in, then I'll see if it's worth having hope for this tour's setlists. I lost track of how many times the band promised songs last tour and didn't deliver, except for R/L of course.

+1

Why did I only just realise that there was no piano section at their first gig? I know it won't stay the same for the tour, but it's nearly always part of their gigs - I'm surprised I didn't even notice until now.

They said in the recent NME interview that Explorers and Liquid State would definitely be getting played live but didn't mention Big Freeze which could potentially be good. Also that Stockholm Syndrome and New Born would be getting rotated on a nightly basis.

Yeah, I'm sure Muse won't play the worst song on their album. They've never done that before....

Archived