Fucking hell, Supremacy sounds absolutely monstrous already! I love the switchup between the heavy parts and the really subtle verses.

Matt's voice is on fire at the moment - I've never heard so many good vocal performances from him on one album.

So excited now :D.

Srsly, I've got enough jizz for everyone. Jizz all round.

But srsly Muse, wtf was up with putting Madness out first? It sounds crap now compared with the good stuff.

Yeah, you tend to find that with singles, they're naff compared to the album tracks.

Okay, so having listened to a few more recordings a couple of times, this is what I'm thinking:

Animals, Panic Station, Supremacy and Follow Me were all great. Save Me was very meh. Sounds like that Elbow song I mentioned before. Survival sounded a bit "empty" without the choir, but I think it's just something that we'll get used to. I'm okay with Survival as a closer though. KoC can stay as the main set closer, I don't care.

Here's my concern: Matt's vocals. He sounds amazing. But in Madness he switches over to falsetto for the second "I need to/your/whatever love" bit. He also sounded out of breath for most of Survival. He didn't bail on the last note in Resistance, I'm assuming that's because it was early in the set. Still, I'm worried that he'll go back to TR mode where he tries to cut corners on any and all high notes. How are his vocals going to hold up throughout the tour?

His falsetto does sound delicious though.

Okay, so having listened to a few more recordings a couple of times, this is what I'm thinking:

Animals, Panic Station, Supremacy and Follow Me were all great. Save Me was very meh. Sounds like that Elbow song I mentioned before. Survival sounded a bit "empty" without the choir, but I think it's just something that we'll get used to. I'm okay with Survival as a closer though. KoC can stay as the main set closer, I don't care.

Here's my concern: Matt's vocals. He sounds amazing. But in Madness he switches over to falsetto for the second "I need to/your/whatever love" bit. He also sounded out of breath for most of Survival. He didn't bail on the last note in Resistance, I'm assuming that's because it was early in the set. Still, I'm worried that he'll go back to TR mode where he tries to cut corners on any and all high notes. How are his vocals going to hold up throughout the tour?

There seem to be just TOO MANY SONGS with powerful vocals. He can't just avoid the hard stuff in every song, the entire gig might suffer from it.

There seem to be just TOO MANY SONGS with powerful vocals. He can't just avoid the hard stuff in every song, the entire gig might suffer from it.

Exactly. The stuff we've heard (which is most of the album at this point) has some pretty intense vocal work, and I'm not sure he'll be able to keep up with it. It would be incredibly disappointing to have him bail on all the good stuff later on in the tour.

My god, Supremacy sounds incredible. I love the way he sings "It's surrrrrrpremacyyy". And the little heavy breakdown after he sings it for the second time is insane too. Phwoarrr :D

It actually sounds very Biffy Clyro-ish with the string parts mixed with heavy riffing, much like the ending to That Golden Rule.

Maybe that is why the gigs on this upcoming tour are more spaced out than on previous tours - the extra days off should allow his voice some time to rest before launching into a number of songs that, vocally speaking, don't hold back.

Archived