Do you like Unsustainable?  

704 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Unsustainable?

• Yup
    • Nope
    • It's alright

Listening to this again for the first time in a while. I like it, the midsection is particularly good, but it feels like there's more build-up than payoff, and therefore it isn't entirely satisfying as a standalone track. Though in fairness, it's probably not meant to be. I think I'll reserve my final judgement for when I've heard Isolated System.

I had to come back to it a second time to 'get' it, but I like it more now. Spent the last year listening to my roommate create the worst dubstep imaginable so that entire genre puts me off a lot these days, but everything else in the track more than makes up for it now.

I feel like they could have gone more mental in the dubstep segments...more thick bass lines and stuff...they seem really cautious on the track...

EDIT: I mean they could have made it a more Muse-like dubstep riff instead of copying a stereotypical brostep riff..

I feel like they could have gone more mental in the dubstep segments...more thick bass lines and stuff...they seem really cautious on the track...

EDIT: I mean they could have made it a more Muse-like dubstep riff instead of copying a stereotypical brostep riff..

I hope they go more mental live!

Just listened to Unsustainable for the first time yesterday. I was thinking I'd wait till the album came out, but whatever. I didn't realize it was the trailer plus a bit. When I first watched the trailer I was uncertain, but now I really like it. I could definitely see this as the new "we are the universe" sort of opener.

Hey, is it just me or does anyone else go directly to listen/watch Intergalactic by the Beastie Boys after watching Unsustainable? Like, every time. :LOL:

I still can't fully get into this song. I actually don't mind the brostep(?) at all, in fact I kind of dig it, it's the by-the-numbers movie score bits that fall flat. I still don't like the idea or the execution of the reporter part either. Love Matt's wailing though.

Hmm, shall wait to hear how the song works with Isolated System.

Mmm I often have fantasies about how this will work and sound like played live. One of the dreams involves the robot intro then just before the drop Chris shouts to the crowd ‘sing it’ then everyone shouts ‘UNSUSTAINABLE’.

If there ever was a song unsuited for singing along, this is it.

Archived