Do you like Unsustainable?  

704 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Unsustainable?

• Yup
    • Nope
    • It's alright

I didn't really connect with this song until recently and I'm here to tell everyone the key is good headphones and pretty high volume. Any noise cancelling headphones or good ear buds that effectively plug your ears up from interference are NECESSARY on a song like this.

That being said Idk how anyone can choose not to appreciate what Muse did with this song. You can not like the dubstep/rockout session sure or choose to not like any bit of the song, but that section starting at 2:27 with Matt's voice is just perfect. The orchestral line and his voice are two interwoven melodies that cross paths a few times for a perfect subtle harmony. If you can't break down a song and appreciate things as effective as that section then idk what to say. Also the production levels are as good as it gets.

Not this argument :'(

Imagine, it would be the chorus :awesome:

Yes, no one seems to mind when choruses repeat 2-3 times, just think of it as the chorus. Though I would have preferred a heavy guitar riff outro instead, the fact that it repeats doesn't bother me too much. I don't think I would be bothered at all if they hadn't released the trailer.

Agreed! They should've done a different riff type outro.

I don't think it needed a riff, to be honest. Just the second drop and 'brostep' bit should've been a lot heavier (a lot more bass) and the guitar shouldn't have just copied exactly what it did for the first one (apart from that one ridiculous bird screech noise that isn't in the first).

I think it depends on the production and style of song. I actually think Survival sounds better when it's blasted over open speakers.

Yeah, actually most songs sound better when listened with open speakers imo. I was mainly talking about the volume thing.

Also, having listened Unsustainable on both headphones and speakers, I really do like it better when listened through speakers. I guess it's mostly because of the fact that with speakers I can also feel the music, not just hear. Depending on the speaker system and volume level, of course.

Not this argument :'(

Imagine, it would be the chorus :awesome:

I think it's the fact that it ends on the dubstep that bothers me. I do like what they have done with this new sound! :D but more than once is a bit too much since they didn't change it at all :erm:

And I know people hate this argument but I genuinely think, because of this very fact, that I will like it far better when I hear it flow into isolated system :happy:

I didn't really connect with this song until recently and I'm here to tell everyone the key is good headphones and pretty high volume. Any noise cancelling headphones or good ear buds that effectively plug your ears up from interference are NECESSARY on a song like this.

That being said Idk how anyone can choose not to appreciate what Muse did with this song. You can not like the dubstep/rockout session sure or choose to not like any bit of the song, but that section starting at 2:27 with Matt's voice is just perfect. The orchestral line and his voice are two interwoven melodies that cross paths a few times for a perfect subtle harmony. If you can't break down a song and appreciate things as effective as that section then idk what to say. Also the production levels are as good as it gets.

This.

Also people complain that there is no main riff and then complain that the dub step are the same and then complain that there's no main riff?

Archived